New Yamaha Nouvo Injected

inzman

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wanna go wider...the original sx tire gives me a scare too much...

Good luck with your search then.

why can't i put the pirelli?? They don't have the Diablo for the sx??

probably not, refer to my post #267, it depends on the width of the rim of your bike. Give Charlie a call, then we can all sleep peacefully.

Edited by taichiplanet

i wanna go wider...the original sx tire gives me a scare too much...

Good luck with your search then.

why can't i put the pirelli?? They don't have the Diablo for the sx??

probably not, refer to my post #267, it depends on the width of the rim of your bike. Give Charlie a call, then we can all sleep peacefully.

yeh like u said..."mai me" she recommended the MT15 : f80/80/16 r90/80/16 for 2240b

yeh like u said..."mai me" she recommended the MT15 : f80/80/16 r90/80/16 for 2240b

it is a little wider than the OEM tyres (f70/90 -16 r80/90 -16). The ML75 that jamesbrock got looks a bit more sporty in tread style, but i wonder if the MT15 or the ML75 have the same 'performance'?

it is a little wider than the OEM tyres (f70/90 -16 r80/90 -16). The ML75 that jamesbrock got looks a bit more sporty in tread style, but i wonder if the MT15 or the ML75 have the same 'performance'?

i think i'll check out the Bridgestone option with the chinatown guy before i'll decide...

I think I'll go out soon and get Dunlops or Michelins for my Nouvo Elegance. Several years ago I exchanged my wire wheels and stock tires for tubeless tires and alloy wheels and have not had one flat since. I asked the dealer to put identical tires on my bike as I saw on a display model But these tires always seemed quirky. But never had an accident. Not on the Elegance. It was while testing the CBR 250 that I broke my clavicle and believe me I'm still paying the price on that one. But I think I'll keep the Elegance around for a couple of years, especially now that I got a Honda Civic for the longer hauls. This 135 c.c. Elegance just does about everything I need it to do so well. It's got gobs of torque for one thing. I just can't come up with any other bike that will do the jobs better than this Elegance will.

I've made no secret of the fact that I also like the PCX. One of my best friends says he hates it and says it's about the ugliest bike there is. I don't agree with him at all. I like the PCX and if I were to buy one I'd have it in red. Anyway...the Elegance and a lot of other bikes have something the PCX doesn't have and that's a kick starter. Two nights ago, I got a phone call from a German friend of mine. He wanted me to go downstairs to look out for a mini van that had his luggage in it. So I did and sure enough the mini van was just outside our condo so I had our security guard take the luggage to hold it for my friend. My friend had driven his new bike to the bus station where he kept it overnight while he went to Bangkok. On his return he got the mini van driver to take his luggage and he then instructed the driver to take his luggage to our condo building. But.....his motorbike failed him and that's when he called me. He had just bought a brand new Kawasaki Ninja 650 a couple of weeks ago and had traded in his one or two year old 650 Kawasaki. Later Michael determined that the Kawasaki dealers do not put batteries in their motobikes until a customer actually orders one and then they install the batteries at the dealerships. Michael told me that he's been told that 30 % of all the bikes wind up with defective battery installs because the mechanics do not tighten the terminals properly. So this caused Michael's battery to slowly lose its charge. So.....Michael was unable to follow the minivan taxi carrying his luggage to our condo. Had Michael had a kickstarter he would have been okay. AS it was he was lucky to have gotten hold of me. About an hour later Michael was able to get his bike started at the bus station by either having someone push start him or using an incline to get his bike up to speed so he could put it in a low gear and pop the clutch. The next morning Michael had me go out and buy a car jumper cable which we used to start his bike from my Honda Civic, which only took a few seconds.

Bottom line is this. A PCX does not have a kick starter. A Nouvo does. Once I had trouble starting a Nouvo. It was my previous Nouvo MX, but I was able to kick start and that solved the problem. In over six years of driving Nouvos, first my MX and then my Elegance I have never never had either of them fail me with the exception of several flat tires I had gotten on my MX which had the wire rims.

Jackorbett, have you tried to start a Fino (carb) with a flat battery and 2 month standstill, not a funny experience at all, I had to take a shower afterwards.

I now have a battery charger in my stores-work shop in the car port so if my PCX's battery fails I can charge it and ride to a Honda shop for a new battery.

I agree anyday that a kick start is a nice thing to have as a back-up, but I just purchased a PCX and I love it, its the Rolls Royce of small Thai bikes, kick starter or not (Don't care, perfect bike for me).

anyway, let us know which way you go and if you are happy with the choice.

okay so i went on a pair of the michelin pilot sport at 100/80/16 R and 80/80/16 F

at 1850b after a small refund for my stock maxxis

:-) me likey a loT!!!

okay so i went on a pair of the michelin pilot sport at 100/80/16 R and 80/80/16 F

Cool! Some photos please. Is it the Pilot Sport or the Pilot Sporty? Had the Pilot Sporty 17" on my old CBR150 and loved them, didn't realise that they had sizes for the scooters.

Edited by taichiplanet

Cool! Some photos please. I think what you got are the Pilot Sporty, had the 17" version on my old CBR150 and loved them, didn't realise that they had sizes for the scooters.

post-156282-133906580909_thumb.jpgpost-156282-133906582775_thumb.jpgpost-156282-133906584802_thumb.jpgpost-156282-133906586027_thumb.jpgpost-156282-133906587219_thumb.jpgpost-156282-133906588246_thumb.jpg

They do look good!

• Like 1

Hey fellows i'm sorry to announce that after i spent on my scooter time money and love it took only 1 month and one stupid taxi driver that crossed at a red light to knock me and my girlfriend out...i wont be driving my r.i.p nouvo anymore...post-156282-13394624954_thumb.jpg

post-156282-133946252804_thumb.jpg

Hey fellows i'm sorry to announce that after i spent on my scooter time money and love it took only 1 month and one stupid taxi driver that crossed at a red light to knock me and my girlfriend out...i wont be driving my r.i.p nouvo anymore...post-156282-13394624954_thumb.jpg

Shit man, I very sorry to hear that. I hope you & GF are not too badly hurt and wish you both a speedy recovery.

Hope taxi driver's insurance pays for everything.

Shit, that's not good to hear! Hope you are both ok, and your recovery is swift.

I'm just 10 weeks out from a serious bike accident myself, and truly believe that bones can heal, and bikes can be replaced, but lives can't ever be brought back. Lucky you're both here to tell your story. wai.gif

have you decided to not ride again in thailand ? or just the bike is finished ?

I think i'm done with scooters in bkk...simply too dangerous ,maybe somewhere else it will be ok...i'll get better and buy a humvee...:-)

Sorry to hear about your accident; i hope you both recover okay. Pattaya is much the same as Bkk, almost every time i get on the bike something crazy happens around me. I'm thinking of installing a video camera in the bike; mainly working on the theory that if i have the facility to record something interesting then it won't happen! laugh.png

Out of interest, how many kms had the new tyres done before you had the accident?

I think i have found the perfect vehicle for you; though of course finding someone to service it properly (as with most things in thailand) might be a problem, and i wouldn't even know where to begin to look for replacement missiles! smile.png

post-70604-0-94198700-1339553954_thumb.j

I think i'm done with scooters in bkk...simply too dangerous ,maybe somewhere else it will be ok...i'll get better and buy a humvee...:-)

Sorry to hear about your accident; i hope you both recover okay.

Out of interest, how many kms had the new tyres done before you had the accident?

I think i have found the perfect vehicle for you; though of course finding someone to service it properly (as with most things in thailand) might be a problem, and i wouldn't even know where to begin to look for replacement missiles! smile.png

post-70604-0-94198700-1339553954_thumb.j

555 thnx and i think 150km on the new ones is about right...

Where do i sign for the RV???

My gf and I were of the same opinion after our accident in Samui, and will buy a car when we settle in Chiang Mai in a few weeks. Regardless of who is at fault, any accident causing serious injury will cause you to reevaluate your choice to ride a bike - especially if, as me, you only began riding relatively recently.

I ended getting back on mine out of necessity one night, and, although I'm no longer confident at all, I was riding it as much as I was before the accident (before it was put in the back of a truck and shipped up to Chiang Mai), albeit with extreme care and caution - and new tyres!

• 3 months later...