Democrats To Grill PM On Four Seasons Meeting

Lite Beer

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that the excuse given of the alleged sex tryst, is nothing compared to the real Story

That one is much worse than the original false red herring allegation.

It seems the alleged sex tryst was ACTUALLY the coverup story,

that they thought they could easily quash in the papers or just let be a distraction.

And not let the really bad story of the land speculators meeting with the PM be even noticed.

FAIL!

SEX SEX>>> wring your hands.....

But ignore that guy behind the curtain pulling the levers.

Wait a minute we see his shoes!

But now the real story is out,

and it is far more salacious than if she was meeting a boyfriend.

the real story is still not yet 'out'... the allegations are 'out'.

And the obscuring and absurd defense was out way too fast,

and raised suspicions far beyond simply suspect sexual activity.

Their whole act continues to reinforce those suspicions, not allay them.

They got caught and have been playing catchup damage control ever since.

they 'got caught' in their top secret meeting at a popular hotel... ok then.

i'm just waiting for a fact of either guilt or innocence, that's all.

This is Thailand, you should know better than that.

Manipulation of facts and hiding reality to create a facade is mothers milk in this culture,

done without even considering it might be morally corrupt.

Edited by animatic

but i will add, the whole "i am a woman" thing is a nonsense point... well i certainly don't get the relevance.

It is nonsense and irrelevant.

You'll recall that this aspect of the issue (sexual allegations) was started by the original man who got roughed up. It was not the PM who made it a point, but it is she, who has to defend herself from this accusation.

You can't invent the truth - Ekkayuth made no such claim.

The PM refused to answer questions on the subject.

That there is not too much information in the articles from the nation on which to base a discussion - that is true.

You say he made no such claim, but that the PM refused to answer questions on the subject.

OK. So who posed the questions and made the insinuations, then? The Nation doesn't report that part, they only report the denials.

That there is not too much information in the articles from the nation on which to base a discussion - that is true.

You say he made no such claim, but that the PM refused to answer questions on the subject.

OK. So who posed the questions and made the insinuations, then? The Nation doesn't report that part, they only report the denials.

There were two confusing stories hyping up the drama, while Yingluck and her spokesman made matters worse by denying sexual misconduct even before salacious rumours started circulating.

There were two confusing stories hyping up the drama, while Yingluck and her spokesman made matters worse by denying sexual misconduct even before salacious rumours started circulating.

http://www.thaivisa....-wrong-reasons/

Thanks. so that states that the rumors started on the internet. Much like on the TVF threads. And then the PM denied the rumors. Where is the problem with that denial?

Thanks. so that states that the rumors started on the internet. Much like on the TVF threads. And then the PM denied the rumors. Where is the problem with that denial?

If you can't spot the problem with that or prefer to deny that there is a problem with that then that only serves to shine light on your adoration for all things PTP.

- sniper -

If you can't spot the problem with that or prefer to deny that there is a problem with that then that only serves to shine light on your adoration for all things PTP.

So the PM is accused of sexual misconduct on FB and Twitter, then she denies it, and by not having a problem with her doing that, I adore all things PTP.

Good logic.

I hope you take no offense if I disagree.

but i will add, the whole "i am a woman" thing is a nonsense point... well i certainly don't get the relevance.

It is nonsense and irrelevant.

You'll recall that this aspect of the issue (sexual allegations) was started by the original man who got roughed up. It was not the PM who made it a point, but it is she, who has to defend herself from this accusation.

Akeyuth never made any sexual allegations. All he did was say that she was at the hotel.

He was more interested in the "business" aspect of the meeting, but Yingluck and her minders quickly came out with the "I'm a woman" crap and tried to ignore the more important "conflict of interest" issues.

so today, this was posted...

Yingluck also repudiated an accusation made against her by Akeyuth Anchanbutr, a prominent businessman and political whistleblower, of having committed improper conduct at the hotel, as simply groundless.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/535002-thai-pm-yingluck-denies-misconduct-allegation/

Yingluck also repudiated an accusation made against her by Akeyuth Anchanbutr, a prominent businessman and political whistleblower, of having committed improper conduct at the hotel, as simply groundless.

http://www.thaivisa....uct-allegation/

i've said from the beginning that the nations quote of

"while Yingluck and her spokesman made matters worse by denying sexual misconduct even before salacious rumours started circulating."

is absolute bs, because as soon as this story was out the first rumours were about possible sexual activity.

so are they saying she came out denying sexual misconduct before anyone even knew about the story?

the denial was made because of the rumour... it's not rocket science.

Akeyuth never made any sexual allegations. All he did was say that she was at the hotel.

He was more interested in the "business" aspect of the meeting, but Yingluck and her minders quickly came out with the "I'm a woman" crap and tried to ignore the more important "conflict of interest" issues.

So, the least important suggestion made by some is repudiated. Fine. But what about the charge of improper conduct as PM, conflict of interest, private business with like minded property related business people she may or may not have known from her time in one of the Shinawatra holdings (the one related to Assets) ?

it's not unheard of for PM, president, whoever, to have a meeting with businessmen.

i'm sure abhisit did the same, just like i'm sure many, many, many government leaders worldwide did.

the only and i mean only thing that's a bit off in this whole scenario is her saying that "there was no meeting".

So, the least important suggestion made by some is repudiated. Fine. But what about the charge of improper conduct as PM, conflict of interest, private business with like minded property related business people she may or may not have known from her time in one of the Shinawatra holdings (the one related to Assets) ?

I agree with you completely regarding the least important allegation. I stated at the beginning that the sexual misconduct issue would not be news if the PM were a man.

As for a potential conflict of interest, I said before and will say again, that should be dealt with.

But it feels like the democrats are just casting about for a reason to impeach the PM and bring down the gov't. Isn't there a story here (it seems like) every other week that the Dems are going to impeach Yingluck or someone in her administration? It never seems to happen, but it is regularly in the news...

I'm sure that you realize as well as I do that the PM (any PM) faces potential conflicts of interest every day. She doesn't need to go to the Four Seasons for that.

I agree with you completely regarding the least important allegation. I stated at the beginning that the sexual misconduct issue would not be news if the PM were a man.

As for a potential conflict of interest, I said before and will say again, that should be dealt with.

But it feels like the democrats are just casting about for a reason to impeach the PM and bring down the gov't. Isn't there a story here (it seems like) every other week that the Dems are going to impeach Yingluck or someone in her administration? It never seems to happen, but it is regularly in the news...

I'm sure that you realize as well as I do that the PM (any PM) faces potential conflicts of interest every day. She doesn't need to go to the Four Seasons for that.

In a lot of European countries her conduct regarding a 'private business meeting' in the Four Seasons would raise many questions in parliament. A PM MUST avoid potential conflicts of interest.

BTW did she already file a 'asset declaration' and if so does it list shares in companies which may cause additional damage to her good name and to the intregrity of the position of PM of Thailand ?

Edited by rubl

Improper conduct does not have to be sexual in nature. Corruption and conflicts of interest are considered to be improper conflict by most, if not Shinawatras, their PTP droogs, and various camp-followers.

In a lot of European countries her conduct regarding a 'private business meeting' in the Four Seasons would raise many questions in parliament. A PM MUST avoid potential conflicts of interest.

BTW did she already file a 'asset declaration' and if so does it list shares in companies which may cause additional damage to her good name and to the intregrity of the position of PM of Thailand ?

While I agree with you that the PM should avoid conflicts of interest (or IMO the appearance of such), but I am not so certain that Europe is as clean as you indicate, and I know that the US is not.

As for this incident, let's see what comes out of it. I suspect that it will not produce anything, but that doesn't mean it was indeed without a conflict of interest - maybe it was, but if not, I think that it will get covered up.

it's not unheard of for PM, president, whoever, to have a meeting with businessmen.

i'm sure abhisit did the same, just like i'm sure many, many, many government leaders worldwide did.

the only and i mean only thing that's a bit off in this whole scenario is her saying that "there was no meeting".

And then saying it was a "personal business meeting" ...

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

I stated at the beginning that the sexual misconduct issue would not be news if the PM were a man.

Tell that to the PM's disgraced brother-in-law... former PM Somchai...

Off the casting couch

The top video in Thailand is a grainy 30-minute short starring... well, that is the question. The leading man in the video is neither a popular actor nor a famous singer. He is a slightly built older man driving around young women, and he bears a striking resemblance to the PM.

The 25-minute, must-see video was viewed more than 261,000 times in less than 24 hours after it was posted and there were reportedly hundreds of thousands of "clicks" on other websites where it was being featured.

With rumours flying around that the scandalous footage would soon be pulled from cyber space, some people hurriedly burned it onto CDs and spread them around. The footage, shot by an unknown cameraman between March 22 and 27 this year, has become the talk of the town - probably because the man in it looks very much like the embattled PM Somchai Wongsawat, a brother-in-law of Thaksin.

The clip is presented in four parts. The first, taken on March 22, shows the man picking up a woman in her 20s, in front of a convenience store, in his red Mercedes. The couple have dinner at a restaurant serving southern-style Thai dishes, giving more fuel to those who believe the man is Somchai, who is a native of Nakhon Si Thammarat.

The second part features the same man driving a BMW to a love motel after picking up another woman from a house on March 24.

In the third part, the man, who is wearing eyeglasses, is shown parking his white Lexus SUV at a restaurant where he has lunch with his wife, according to a female narrator who called the man the "target".

The "wife" in the footage looks like Thaksin's younger sister, Yaowapa. When asked about the unusual footage yesterday, Somchai - who drives a Lexus SUV, a Mercedes and a BMW - refused to comment.

He just smiled and hurriedly walked inside

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1