Good Camera Phone

lopburi3

Not really interested in latest fad phones but would like a high quality camera as believe it is time to retire watch and separate cameras. Browsing and music is distant second to good/sharp photos. Anyone done any check on what looks good? Will start a search but any help would be much appreciated. Hate to pay 20k for latest bells and whistles if not needed.

Well, the pics on mySG2, and video, are really really good. If you want to buy a phone that will last you for a few years, get this one. I can assume most 8mp phones are good, but not as configurable as an Android phone.

I am biased, but I left my 12megapixel camera at home and just use my phone.

galaxy s2 takes amazing pictures

huge resolution and detail ,in fact they are too hi-res to even post on here and must be resized

but for clarity and detail its the best ive ever had

my kodak stand alone camera isnt as good and a lot more chunky in the pocket !

Nokia is going to announce something new on phone camera front on 27th Feb.

Called "Pure View" and believed to be successor for N8 with even better quality camera...

Found this re: Nokia's activities at MWC12...

Additionally, there have been extensive rumours about a new Symbian/Belle device, a successor to the venerable Nokia N8 with a class-leading camera, possibly called the 808 PureView. The Symbian^3-powered N8 won enormous praise for the extraordinary quality of its 12MP camera, which is still widely regarded as among the best to be found on any smartphone, and many Nokia fans have long hoped for a follow-up device with a similarly impressive cam.

• 1 month later...

Having had the Galaxy Note for 3 weeks now, I have to say that having the larger screen makes a big difference when reviewing your photos, and also for showing your photos to other people. The camera is excellent too.

This is from the viewpoint of using a Galaxy S as my point and shoot camera.

Having said that, I don't think any phone camera functions too well in low light conditions, so I don't think phone cameras can completely replace a decent camera. But I hardly ever carry my camera with me, and I have my phone with me 24x7 :)

As an owner of both the Galaxy Note & N8, I can say that the Note take very good 8MP pictures with good light, however I still like to use the N8 at nightime as it does shoot well in low light conditions. Looking forward to the 808 though, it looks like some amazing camera technology.

Edited by Bkkboet

Sorry guys, you ever tried iphone 4s? Not only it has a very good camera but video capabilities are superior to any other phone currently in the market. That is advanced image stabilization in video! Results are amazing. I hardly use my nikon d7000 after i got my iphone 4s.

Sorry guys, you ever tried iphone 4s? Not only it has a very good camera but video capabilities are superior to any other phone currently in the market. That is advanced image stabilization in video! Results are amazing. I hardly use my nikon d7000 after i got my iphone 4s.

There was a recent blog comparing iphone 4s against a $500 canon s100. The photos looked of equal quality. Though these were daylight outdoor shots. low light and indoor photos from 4s very likely wouldnt compare well.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Hope you were wearing boots when you took the pic.

That's a red neck keelback. He is a back fanged snake and is pretty much harmless unless you stick your finger in his mouth. He made no attempt to try to bite me even though my wife was yelling at me to stay away from him.