Iran halts oil exports to British, French firms

News_Editor

NY Times has this to say;

Iran is deeply dependent for foreign currency on oil sales, which supply more than 50 per cent of the national budget and account for 80 per cent of exports. Iran produces about 3.5 million barrels a day and exports about 2.5 million, 70 per cent of that to Asia. The 27 nations of the EU are a big customer as a whole, representing about 18 per cent of Iran’s exports. But Britain and Germany only get about 1 per cent of their oil from Iran and France only about 3 per cent.

NYT also mentions Iran was trying to secure 3-5 year supply contracts with some EU countries. I expect that would be Germany. Interesting enough, Germany just signed a base and supply agreement with Canada which will be a return to Europe for Canada after its closing of its base in Lahr years ago. This suggests to me one thing: Some countries are getting ready for conflict.

• Like 1

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanctions are WRONGLY leveled against Iran...Yet no others..

Iran is the only country other than North Korea who signed an agreement not to develop nuclear weapons who is developing them anyway. Both countries have sanctions against them. There is nothing wrong with enforcing sanctions to force rogue nations who have signed the NPT to comply with the argrements that they have made.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Iran is the only country other than North Korea who signed an agreement not to develop nuclear weapons who is developing them anyway.

Innocent until Proven guilty

As for any country breaking treaties Start with the US then throw stones

Iran is the only country other than North Korea who signed an agreement not to develop nuclear weapons who is developing them anyway. Both countries have sanctions against them. There is nothing wrong with enforcing sanctions to force rogue nations who have signed the NPT to comply with the argrements that they have made.

Are you suggesting that only those countries that signed a agreement should not have nuclear weapons?

What about nations that refuse to sign the agreement and refuse to allow inspections. To me it is those rogue nations that the world should be deeply concerned about.

Edited by Wallaby

Iran is the only country other than North Korea who signed an agreement not to develop nuclear weapons who is developing them anyway.

The case has been proven. The Iranian defense witnesses were not credible. It's like asking Don Vito to give a character reference for a hit man. mfr_closed1.gif

Edited by geriatrickid
  • Like 1

Publicly bragging about their nuclear program on television every few days probably covers that one. biggrin.png

NY Times has this to say;

Iran is deeply dependent for foreign currency on oil sales, which supply more than 50 per cent of the national budget and account for 80 per cent of exports. Iran produces about 3.5 million barrels a day and exports about 2.5 million, 70 per cent of that to Asia. The 27 nations of the EU are a big customer as a whole, representing about 18 per cent of Iran’s exports. But Britain and Germany only get about 1 per cent of their oil from Iran and France only about 3 per cent.

NYT also mentions Iran was trying to secure 3-5 year supply contracts with some EU countries. I expect that would be Germany. Interesting enough, Germany just signed a base and supply agreement with Canada which will be a return to Europe for Canada after its closing of its base in Lahr years ago. This suggests to me one thing: Some countries are getting ready for conflict.

So from that, we now know that the sanctions from France and the UK would be actually negligible on Iran, not even worth doing.

We should also understand that Iran deciding not to sell oil to those countries should have a neglible effect on them and they should not be condemning such actions.

I don't know why France and the UK would be worried anyway because they were going to refuse to buy the oil. They refuse to buy it, Iran refuses to sell it to them. Same same.

The case has been proven. The Iranian defense witnesses were not credible. It's like asking Don Vito to give a cgaracter reference for a hit man.

Oh put the Israel pom poms down for a minute & notice even today the inspectors have once again returned to Iran

Personally if I were Iran I would pull a ISRAEL on them & say NO SORRY NO INSPECTORS ALLOWED

Yet Iran does allow them

But it will not be enough ever.

Nuclear Inspectors to Return to Iran for More Checks

Edited by flying

Publicly bragging about their nuclear program on television every few days probably covers that one. biggrin.png

Is that like Sadam bragging about his country's capabilities? Then finding out he was all bluster and only saying such things to keep the foes at bay.

Iran's govt bragging about such things means you now believe their govt? The same govt you despise for its lies? Or do you just believe them when it suits your agenda?

• Like 1

The case has been proven. The Iranian defense witnesses were not credible. It's like asking Don Vito to give a character reference for a hit man. mfr_closed1.gif

Proven by whom? When the UN declares they are guilty then I'll give some credence to it.

Edited by Wallaby

Sanctions are the West & Israel practicing Isolationism

When it backfires & it surely will when oil is at stake.....Then they will again cry

how terrible & war like these reactions to THEIR sanctions are.

US/Israel has a brand new pair of roller skates & Iran has the key

It would appear then that the alleged sabotage and unfortunate accidents that have plagued Iran's nuclear drive, have succeeded in delaying the achievement of a nuclear weapon.

Also explains why Karma has been such a bitch to certain folks who propagate sabotage & unfortunate accidents for centuries

Edited by flying

Does it bother you when people answer a question with a question? coffee1.gif That's interesting.

nope, just when people answer them like a smartass.. and the phrase 'bothers' gives it far more importance than it deserves.

He always does this mate. Always sticking in those little icons to try and make himself look better. Get used to the talking down too also.

It would appear then that the alleged sabotage and unfortunate accidents that have plagued Iran's nuclear drive, have succeeded in delaying the achievement of a nuclear weapon.

Also explains why Karma has been such a bitch to certain folks who propagate sabotage & unfortunate accidents for centuries

"Certain folks?" Care to decipher your code?coffee1.gif

Proof please?

"Certain folks?" Care to decipher your code?coffee1.gif

Is that line in the Protocols of the Elders of Zion? This is not exactly the first time he has mentioned it. whistling.gif

Is that like Sadam bragging about his country's capabilities?

I don't recall Sadam giving tours of his nuclear facility on international television. It is no secret what Iran is up to. laugh.png

Sadam did indeed allow inspections. The UN found nothing. There was no secret stash. Yet Sadam was still full of bluster about his capabilities.

You'd better go tell the UN about your crystal ball.

As usual the war mongers are here.

I bet they can wait for a "shock and awe" strike on iran.

You'll all be sat there loving it chomping on your popcorn.

and then a few years later.............the truth comes out....................who next then?

Actually the escalation we are talking about if it occurs, would be a very focused attack on some Iranian nuclear development facilities. Nothing like shock and awe. Nothing about invasion and occupation of Iran. Iran is not Iraq.

and then a few years later.............the truth comes out....................who next then?

Actually the escalation we are talking about if it occurs, would be a very focused attack on some Iranian nuclear development facilities. Nothing like shock and awe. Nothing about invasion and occupation of Iran. Iran is not Iraq.

You may well be right but I think it would depend on who is in govt in the US. Lots of high ranking govt types make a nice earner out of war.

You know so much. Another one with a crystal ball.

You know so much. Another one with a crystal ball.

Fair enough point. The debate within Israel has been massively publicized and it is not about a full scale invasion, but rather a focused attack on nuclear development sites. You're right, I can't know what isn't public. But the idea of Israel having bigger ambitions than that, especially in the light of Obama working hard to stop them from this limited bombing, seems highly unlikely. Now if Israel bombs, Iranian retaliation is guaranteed. What happens after that, nobody can really predict, can they?

Sanctions.............a Two Way Street

When folks want to impose sanctions on a group who has done no actual certifiable crime...It is nothing more than

forcing isolationism on them.

Now the bought friends of the instigators reap what they help sow .....Of course Israel & the US will call this further acts of war<sic>

Yet unlike these reactions...what caused them have been a One Way Street imposed by a impudent nation & their paid for bully.

Ah, Flying's patented one way cause and effect valve. In the real world politics is a two way street and if Iran as you argue is a passive victim then they are the most bellicose passive victim in world history.

I will demur from giving specific examples of Iran's provocative behavior seeing as whatever example is given you will trace back to an ancient U.S policy decision. It does however occur to me that you could argue that Nazi Germany was a manifestation of the unfair reparations terms hammered out at Versailles. You would no doubt during WWII have also argued in favour of U.S isolationism, however the truth is inescapable with Iran, just as it was with Nazi Germany that however they came into being they both pose a dire threat to world peace and only the most rabid moral relativist would argue the same about their enemies.

• Like 1