Australian Tourist Visa Application

Yes thanks guys your advise i can do thev forms myself i worked govvy departments years doing forms, thats not my worry - but ive promised wife yes all fine sell up, get ready to come!

BUT NEVER EVER ASK ME TO DISCLOSE INCOME RETURNS ETC I CAN'T DO ----- AND I REFUSE TO DO STEADFASTLY, (((( I THINK THAT'S WAY PAST RUDE)))) SPECIALY WHEN THE OTHER HALF HAS ENOUGH $ BEHIND HER TO PAY IT ALL 5 TIMES OVER. (((MONEY WISE))))) I 'AM NOT NEEDED, SO I DON'T COUNT IN A WAY - I WILL STAND IN THE CORNER AND SAY NOTHING .

i don't like govvy questions in respect to myself - ones business is ones business, the moment they come that crap , i walk out the visa office say to mrs well they coming the BIG BROTHER - dictator!!! so we may as well get a divorce, because id be a long time dead before id ever disclose my earnings, details of residence etc ,FINANCIAL SITUATION ---. to me thats realy crosing the line in the sand.

All diferent if the wife was poverty stricken.))........... but she is not !

i do Very private work for very very very private people --- and that gets me, a very private income you know. ( YOU GUYS ID LOVE TO HAVE MY JOB, I TELL YOU ))

And that's my business it's staying that way too - that's one thing i won't be taking to thailand to do spouse visa - is any details, what iam worth, who pays me & what i do - nobody could pay me 100k to devulge that . ...................... I like to keep my job you know .

In a nutshell )))) they ask me anything monetary about myself, then sorry its all over rover )) i won't go any furthur then! IN THE PAST IVE DONE 11 VISAS FOR FRIENDS COME FROM EUROPE / THAILAND ETC FOR FRIENDS AND I CHARGE NOTHING, SO IN RESPECT TO MY PRIVACY.AND GOOD DEEDS OF THE PAST HELPING FRIENDS! ............ ITS TIME TO PAY THE PIPER ! ( no questions asked you know ) that's my payment in kind )))

and to aussies on here ((well they'd say thats fair enough too )

I GET VERY UP MY HORSE, TO STICKYBEARS START ASKING WHAT -- YOU EARN WHO YOU WORK FOR? I REGARD THAT AS FULL ON INTRUSION -, CAN YOU SUPPORT WIFE? ITS NONE OF THIER BUSINESS))))) MY MRS COULD BUY AND SELL HAVE THE IMMIGRATION STAFF FOR LUNCH -----SO YOU KNOW.............. IT' S A BIT RUDE EH!

NO, I CAN DO THE PAPERS THAT'S EASY --- BUT JUST DON'T ASK ME QUESTIONS ABOUT ME! .................. IS ALL I ASK .............IM JUST A NAME ON THE PAPER AND THATS ALL I WANT TO BE .

STEVO

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes thanks guys your advise i can do thev forms myself i worked govvy departments years doing forms, thats not my worry - but ive promised wife yes all fine sell up, get ready to come!

BUT NEVER EVER ASK ME TO DISCLOSE INCOME RETURNS ETC I CAN'T DO ----- AND I REFUSE TO DO STEADFASTLY, (((( I THINK THAT'S WAY PAST RUDE)))) SPECIALY WHEN THE OTHER HALF HAS ENOUGH $ BEHIND HER TO PAY IT ALL 5 TIMES OVER. (((MONEY WISE))))) I 'AM NOT NEEDED, SO I DON'T COUNT IN A WAY - I WILL STAND IN THE CORNER AND SAY NOTHING .

i don't like govvy questions in respect to myself - ones business is ones business, the moment they come that crap , i walk out the visa office say to mrs well they coming the BIG BROTHER - dictator!!! so we may as well get a divorce, because id be a long time dead before id ever disclose my earnings, details of residence etc ,FINANCIAL SITUATION ---. to me thats realy crosing the line in the sand.

All diferent if the wife was poverty stricken.))........... but she is not !

i do Very private work for very very very private people --- and that gets me, a very private income you know. ( YOU GUYS ID LOVE TO HAVE MY JOB, I TELL YOU ))

And that's my business it's staying that way too - that's one thing i won't be taking to thailand to do spouse visa - is any details, what iam worth, who pays me & what i do - nobody could pay me 100k to devulge that . ...................... I like to keep my job you know .

In a nutshell )))) they ask me anything monetary about myself, then sorry its all over rover )) i won't go any furthur then! IN THE PAST IVE DONE 11 VISAS FOR FRIENDS COME FROM EUROPE / THAILAND ETC FOR FRIENDS AND I CHARGE NOTHING, SO IN RESPECT TO MY PRIVACY.AND GOOD DEEDS OF THE PAST HELPING FRIENDS! ............ ITS TIME TO PAY THE PIPER ! ( no questions asked you know ) that's my payment in kind )))

and to aussies on here ((well they'd say thats fair enough too )

I GET VERY UP MY HORSE, TO STICKYBEARS START ASKING WHAT -- YOU EARN WHO YOU WORK FOR? I REGARD THAT AS FULL ON INTRUSION -, CAN YOU SUPPORT WIFE? ITS NONE OF THIER BUSINESS))))) MY MRS COULD BUY AND SELL HAVE THE IMMIGRATION STAFF FOR LUNCH -----SO YOU KNOW.............. IT' S A BIT RUDE EH!

NO, I CAN DO THE PAPERS THAT'S EASY --- BUT JUST DON'T ASK ME QUESTIONS ABOUT ME! .................. IS ALL I ASK .............IM JUST A NAME ON THE PAPER AND THATS ALL I WANT TO BE .

STEVO

As you've worked in government you should know government can access your financial info at any time without requiring your permission. However, as a sponsor you are legally required to provide financial info if requested. If you do not wish to give signed acceptance to provide your financial details, upon request, within the sponsors application form, don't bother to apply.

Wife can apply as a migrant in her own right if she has appropriate work skills / qualifications.

Well i won't be telling them ay of that sir you can bet the house))))) there is such thing as privacy))))) and like in the old convoy movie mate where they crashed the gates the wording went we just aint gunnu pay no toll in my respect to finances and telling them ---- , well i just aint gunnu pay no toll )))

looking back even in Australiab if i won tatts th ere is no way known id pay that near $7,000 to immigration - they must think people are total mugs !
from what i can gather lot of hippocracy i think thaqt $6850 to immigration like a bond (( thats fine if your destitute i believe in it then - but when your wifes loaded with $$$ to pay her own way - well i mean thats lke saying lets ut a bond onJohn Howard because he's poor yeah sure)) he's worth about 6 million dollars bonds are good but they are for a purpose and thats so the newcomers not ,leaching off the system and somebody can support then -(( but its just hippocracy in my case))) why pay what you don't need to pay ??

up the immigration for the rent ----- il be paying nothing sir ! and although i'm miles from poor -- i won't be showing nothing either ~)

IVE TOLD THAI IMMIGRATION THAT ALREADY )) AND IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS !

i dont know how long the immigration has been inventing these mystical fees because its just scam ive got 3 friends married to overseas women all 3 brought them here in the 2007 to 2009 period i know for a fact 2 from 3 paid next to nothing in those days - good enough for them and good enough for those times , then i want the same deal.

mate i hear you but what your saying is for the masses the pollie correct all follow guidelines etc etc no i dont live in that part of the system my financials last 15 years are kept rolled up with an elastic band around the rolls and put in a safe - they can go for there lives try acess what they will -------------i don't keep monies in banks best of luck to them lol lol i live outside the system my friend that way nobody owns you and your not one of the accountable sheep.

i pay in cash for 99.9% of everything in life

lol lol i just imagine them they look at your financials and they find an old bankbook from `1965 still in pounds / shillings and pence there is 27 & sixpence in mine lol lol what a scream because thats exactly, what they'd find in mine lol lol

thats made my night lol what a scream !

i welcome them to access mine they'd find mothballs and blank pages lol lol

i wish them the best of british luck lol
oh i do have a thai account kashikorn bank thats got at least 4.3 million baht in it ----- i spose i could show them that )))) but they should count themselves fortunate that il even show them that !

wife cant apply as a skilled migrant she left school age 10 ( she is 40 & counts on her fingers ))) err hello she is thai what do they expect ??? skilled migrant my god )))))) in thailand )))) thats like asking for Professors from a population that lives in the artic in igloo's ))

she does the dishes washes floors and cleans the car & half the time thats to much a task ))))) only skilled in counting on her fingers ! skilled migrants what for))) to go on the dole line with the other 800,000 lol

Well i won't be telling them ay of that sir you can bet the house))))) there is such thing as privacy))))) and like in the old convoy movie mate where they crashed the gates the wording went we just aint gunnu pay no toll in my respect to finances and telling them ---- , well i just aint gunnu pay no toll )))

looking back even in Australiab if i won tatts th ere is no way known id pay that near $7,000 to immigration - they must think people are total mugs !

from what i can gather lot of hippocracy i think thaqt $6850 to immigration like a bond (( thats fine if your destitute i believe in it then - but when your wifes loaded with $$$ to pay her own way - well i mean thats lke saying lets ut a bond onJohn Howard because he's poor yeah sure)) he's worth about 6 million dollars bonds are good but they are for a purpose and thats so the newcomers not ,leaching off the system and somebody can support then -(( but its just hippocracy in my case))) why pay what you don't need to pay ??

up the immigration for the rent ----- il be paying nothing sir ! and although i'm miles from poor -- i won't be showing nothing either ~)

IVE TOLD THAI IMMIGRATION THAT ALREADY )) AND IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS !

i dont know how long the immigration has been inventing these mystical fees because its just scam ive got 3 friends married to overseas women all 3 brought them here in the 2007 to 2009 period i know for a fact 2 from 3 paid next to nothing in those days - good enough for them and good enough for those times , then i want the same deal.

Unfortunately the rules are made by the government elected. You have to be her sponsor by the requirements for her visa. As her sponsor they want to see you can pay for her. No sponsor and she fails to meet criteria = no visa. Your form needs to be lodged with hers.

your right if you live by the ''dudley do well'' system ............but i don't ---- and i know quiete a few others that don't ---- so visa will be as i say sir - i did 2 x tourist visa for my wife 3 months a time they said financial support? i stood there i said in got $1800 in my pocket & here have a look wifes got 209,000 baht in her bank here have a look - that was good enough for the visa croewd on the day

I was asked to proove nothing ) i didnt even bring a bank statement ------they never asked me FOR one either ! was i just lucky ? was she just lucky ????? - no i dont think so because we did it that way twice & totally unchallenged good enough for 2 x 3 month visas then should be good enough for the bigger visa !

if not well gee bad luck just means the poor woman does not get a better go at life . Governments sir are totally out of touch with joe average ))) you cant get whats not there , so in effect they can dance to my drum , i got nothing to lose! wife totally aggrees as i say she said stuff em) they can please emselves in the halls of bigotry and descrimination. and don't they excell in those two departments.

Stevo 52, with respect and having read your posts on the last two pages, although not comprehending all the minutiae, i would temper you stoicism by saying this.

Times have changed and if you want something and wont bend with the system, as in your case, you probably wont get want you want. True enough, data sharing is a concern, but the fear of it is over-rated. I understand your sensitivity to privacy and i heard some of the suggestions you made re 'others', but you should answer the questions with your 'best case answers' and see what events. If you encounter critical questions that cannot be answered, then i suggest there should be some self-reflection as too purposes.

Know this though. There is sooo much money in the gen 'x' group doing so many varied things in so many different places, i think your imagination might over-supposed how your form may be received at DIAF. But I don't know your situation.

It has never been a problem for me. Three times my partner has arrived in Australia and occasionally an additional email asked something of me but each time i have given frank replies and been granted requests. It is all about patterns. Any regulatory authority copes well with consistent patterns, they struggle with irregularity. Explain them or do without.

This brings me to the last paragraph in your post above. It flags the problems you may have encountered with officials as transnational relationships are generally not intended to be encapsulated so, nor in any reasonalbe attitudinal estimation of what removing geo-barriers for cohabitation is about. Go easy buddy and try not to burn bridges. Things work out if you let them.

• 2 weeks later...

Stevo 52, with respect and having read your posts on the last two pages, although not comprehending all the minutiae, i would temper you stoicism by saying this.

Times have changed and if you want something and wont bend with the system, as in your case, you probably wont get want you want. True enough, data sharing is a concern, but the fear of it is over-rated. I understand your sensitivity to privacy and i heard some of the suggestions you made re 'others', but you should answer the questions with your 'best case answers' and see what events. If you encounter critical questions that cannot be answered, then i suggest there should be some self-reflection as too purposes.

Know this though. There is sooo much money in the gen 'x' group doing so many varied things in so many different places, i think your imagination might over-supposed how your form may be received at DIAF. But I don't know your situation.

It has never been a problem for me. Three times my partner has arrived in Australia and occasionally an additional email asked something of me but each time i have given frank replies and been granted requests. It is all about patterns. Any regulatory authority copes well with consistent patterns, they struggle with irregularity. Explain them or do without.

This brings me to the last paragraph in your post above. It flags the problems you may have encountered with officials as transnational relationships are generally not intended to be encapsulated so, nor in any reasonalbe attitudinal estimation of what removing geo-barriers for cohabitation is about. Go easy buddy and try not to burn bridges. Things work out if you let them.

Hear as you say Opted but i don't have time for all the guff , i like to do things dead simple i'm not c0omplying to what i don't belive in , they try put me in a line like a sheep & jump through 48 hoops well no not for me ''we'll do things different '' I'm just not interested in being part of a system that i think is not designed to work for both parties, or is intrusive. I do know others in total aggreeance in my beliefs so . ..............They can like it or lump it .

Yes my mrs has been here several times too on various visas , and iam not going through the B'S again)))))) i mean the ''fair go policy'' must come into play somewhere.

This importing wives, your really doing them ........... a very big favour !!!!! now the powers that be should be in front of you '' head bowed & hat tipped abiding to the person that's prepared to give somebody a go, that should win the man 100 points you know ! ( i recall days when the old system - used to do just that - and i'm not that old )

In the old days ''that is how it worked '' the new days !!!!! they can please themselves, i certainly won't give an inch ! I LIVE BY THE OLD DAYS RULES - NOT THIS NEW AGE X GENERATION POLLIE CORRECT CRAP !

My situation is ever so simple - to any immigration department , i will not answer any questions of myself / my situation / what i do / what's my work / if i can support others / or not ! thats my business, and it will remain undisclosed till the end of time.

In a nutshell ---- they must ask me nothing in relation to my situation - i don't like that) i think it's way past rude , more so it's none of their busness ! In this respect i will not give 1 inch ! Anything else ''sure i am happy to comply '' but never cross a line of asking of my personal situation in life how i do life etc ,or thems fighting words !

Immigration - ask me nothing and you'll get told no lies - but ask me anything of my private circumstances? and the roof will lift )).......... of that i can gaurantee !

I WON'T be encountering critical questions that can't be answered , because i will not attempt to answer any question , should it involve any of my personal territory !

• 2 weeks later...

Hear as you say Opted but i don't have time for all the guff , i like to do things dead simple i'm not c0omplying to what i don't belive in , they try put me in a line like a sheep & jump through 48 hoops well no not for me ''we'll do things different '' I'm just not interested in being part of a system that i think is not designed to work for both parties, or is intrusive. I do know others in total aggreeance in my beliefs so . ..............They can like it or lump it .

Yes my mrs has been here several times too on various visas , and iam not going through the B'S again)))))) i mean the ''fair go policy'' must come into play somewhere.

This importing wives, your really doing them ........... a very big favour !!!!! now the powers that be should be in front of you '' head bowed & hat tipped abiding to the person that's prepared to give somebody a go, that should win the man 100 points you know ! ( i recall days when the old system - used to do just that - and i'm not that old )

In the old days ''that is how it worked '' the new days !!!!! they can please themselves, i certainly won't give an inch ! I LIVE BY THE OLD DAYS RULES - NOT THIS NEW AGE X GENERATION POLLIE CORRECT CRAP !

My situation is ever so simple - to any immigration department , i will not answer any questions of myself / my situation / what i do / what's my work / if i can support others / or not ! thats my business, and it will remain undisclosed till the end of time.

In a nutshell ---- they must ask me nothing in relation to my situation - i don't like that) i think it's way past rude , more so it's none of their busness ! In this respect i will not give 1 inch ! Anything else ''sure i am happy to comply '' but never cross a line of asking of my personal situation in life how i do life etc ,or thems fighting words !

Immigration - ask me nothing and you'll get told no lies - but ask me anything of my private circumstances? and the roof will lift )).......... of that i can gaurantee !

I WON'T be encountering critical questions that can't be answered , because i will not attempt to answer any question , should it involve any of my personal territory !

Good luck steveo. Stick to the best case answer* then or no answer at all and see what happens.

I admire the position you take. I prefer to get pissed off but will coalesce if the end justifies the means in cases of bureaucracy. Computational systems such as they are have forced most things this way and indeed have made your path more complicated. Wish you well.!!

• 3 weeks later...

Is it easy to get my thai friend tourist visa for 3months in to Australia?

She owns a house and truck, do farming.

I can provide accommodation / lodging

Thanks for any info.

So long as your friend can provide a compelling reason to return to Thailand, should be OK. Doesn't cost much, so give it a go.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

VISA agents are a waste of time. They are for uneducated people who can not front themselves

You not need him your on the ball

You can not generalise @Marcusv. While some people's applications are simple and straight forward many are not.

If it was as easy as you say I would not have a stream of new client's who have had their applications rejected, some for things that could have been easily avoided and then they have to come to get them fixed at additional cost and time delays.

Or maybe you are referring to using unlicensed agents? Of course that is always a huge risk, and for some reason they seem to charge more than registered agents...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have just started looking at this site as I have met and dating a Thai girl while she is on a 3 month tourist visa, visiting her sister who is a Australia resident. We have become very close and i can see the relationship continuing when she goes back to Thailand on the 19th of January 2016. Speaking to her sister I will be going to Thailand in May 2016 with her to visit the family and spend time with my girlfriend.

Her background is as follows.

33 years old

Comes from Chiang Mai and lives and works on a farm with her family.

She is Lisu and speaks Lisu as her first language but obviously talks Thai as well.

She is happy to go home but is willing to move to Australia in the future to be with me in the future.

I do have a couple of question which I hope you guys can help me with.

I would be looking at having come back to Australia on another tourist visa (possibly 3 or 6 months). Is this possible to do straight away or do I need to wait? I would be looking at sponsoring her while she was here.

Is it easier to get another visa into Australia as she has been here before and not overstayed?

Having a sister and family living in Australia does that help her application to move to Australia permanently?

thanks for your time.

Hello, I have just started looking at this site as I have met and dating a Thai girl while she is on a 3 month tourist visa, visiting her sister who is a Australia resident. We have become very close and i can see the relationship continuing when she goes back to Thailand on the 19th of January 2016. Speaking to her sister I will be going to Thailand in May 2016 with her to visit the family and spend time with my girlfriend.

Her background is as follows.

33 years old

Comes from Chiang Mai and lives and works on a farm with her family.

She is Lisu and speaks Lisu as her first language but obviously talks Thai as well.

She is happy to go home but is willing to move to Australia in the future to be with me in the future.

I do have a couple of question which I hope you guys can help me with.

I would be looking at having come back to Australia on another tourist visa (possibly 3 or 6 months). Is this possible to do straight away or do I need to wait? I would be looking at sponsoring her while she was here.

Is it easier to get another visa into Australia as she has been here before and not overstayed?

Having a sister and family living in Australia does that help her application to move to Australia permanently?

thanks for your time.

Family sponsorship visas have very long waiting periods for processing and rigorous criteria; for more information go to:

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Brin/Fami/Capping-and-queuing/Other-family-visa-queue

Your GF could apply for a prospective marriage visa.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/300-

Detailed info for partner visa applications can be downloaded from the URL below.

https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1127.pdf

Alternatively apply for another tourist visa, but it may may have a no extension condition applied. Prior to asking further questions how about doing some of your own research at.

www.border.gov.au

Mark asked:- Is it easier to get another visa into Australia as she has been here before and not overstayed?

YES, it's a great start.

You asked about the next Tourist Visa.

You also mentioned a proposed trip to Chiang Mai in May.

Were you looking for her to visit Australia before or after your visit to Thailand in May?

Mark asked:- Is it easier to get another visa into Australia as she has been here before and not overstayed?

YES, it's a great start.

Were you looking for her to visit Australia before or after your visit to Thailand in May?

Mark also mentioned "I would be looking at sponsoring her while she was here" hopefully the links I provided are of assistance to him

YES, it's a great start.

Hello Supaluke.

I would be going to Thailand first to visit her family.

Mark, a tourist visa last year and one again for your lady in the middle of next year I believe will be a breeze.

Simple1 above gives some good advice and I know he's quite experienced in these matters.

Good luck with the application, I'm sure it will be fine.

She may even get a 12 month, multiple entry visa without even directly applying/asking for it.

Luke

Mark, a tourist visa last year and one again for your lady in the middle of next year I believe will be a breeze.

Simple1 above gives some good advice and I know he's quite experienced in these matters.

She may even get a 12 month, multiple entry visa without even directly applying/asking for it.

Luke

Hi Luke,

A 12 month tourist visa would be great.

This is now her 2nd time to Australia. She also came here in 2008.

How long do we need to wait to apply for another Tourist Visa? (she will be heading home on the 19th of January 2016.).

I was told it was a minimum of 6 months.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Luke

Hi Luke,

How long do we need to wait to apply for another Tourist Visa? (she will be heading home on the 19th of January 2016.).

Mark

Hi Mark

Generally speaking it is what is reasonable and if can be justified or supported. I have seen them granted as frequently as a few weeks - but for a genuine need and purpose.

Once a visa has been approved and complied with once then generally all things being equal it is easier to apply for an additional or multiple entry visa.

However, factors like the Applicant's personal and employment history, industry, amount of annual leave will all become relevant. So if someone who claims full time employment has a 3 month visit and then applies again will raise questions, whereas someone that is not relying on employment iy would be more appropriate.

I hope that helps.

Best wishes

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Luke

Hi Luke,

Mark

Hi Mark

Generally speaking it is what is reasonable and if can be justified or supported. I have seen them granted as frequently as a few weeks - but for a genuine need and purpose.

Once a visa has been approved and complied with once then generally all things being equal it is easier to apply for an additional or multiple entry visa.

However, factors like the Applicant's personal and employment history, industry, amount of annual leave will all become relevant. So if someone who claims full time employment has a 3 month visit and then applies again will raise questions, whereas someone that is not relying on employment iy would be more appropriate.

I hope that helps.

Best wishes

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply.

Yesterday was a sad day as she went home to Thailand last night.

I wont lie their were a few tears from both of us.

I didn't think it would be this hard to see her go and everyone keeps telling me you can talk to her on the phone but its not the same.

She is keen to come back to Australia. I would love her to come back straight away but our plans are for me to visit her in May for 3 weeks (such a long time to wait)

Our plan is to apply for another visa for her while I'm in Thailand. She will meet me in Bangkok when I arrive and then go to Chiang Dau to visit her family.

Archived