Amazing Sandwich

Chuckler

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smiles or no smiles, their food is of a consistent high quality. Shame I can't get there as often as I like though. Anyone know if they deliver or if they would deliver to my place of work? I'm sure there would be others here interested in getting good quality food delivered on a daily basis.

Smiles or no smiles, their food is of a consistent high quality. Shame I can't get there as often as I like though. Anyone know if they deliver or if they would deliver to my place of work? I'm sure there would be others here interested in getting good quality food delivered on a daily basis.

I posted about a welsh farrang ajan that was delivering sandwiches to schools in Chiang Mai, a while ago. I suspect he is still in business peddling his blackmarket luncheons, so it might be worth tracking him down for some.

I was concerned at first but have been reassured by other members and expats that it's all above board. Pm me if you'd like more information.

They're listed on the site of Meals on Wheels 4U and probably some of the other delivery services in town.

Cheers Nancy, I didn't know there were on there! We sometimes use them for pizzas etc.

@Expatmakmak, I've sent you a PM. Glad 'mak mak' to hear you have got over your paranoia regarding the Chiang Mai sandwich bandit and his kanom based sidelines!

Edited by MassivePuffin

Don't we all love it when it's cheaper one of the girls is pregnant with a white baby inside when my wife was pregnant with our child she did not smile either big strain on the back , but anyway they are always friendly to me and smile maybe it is just you , do you speak thai ? that helps.

And where is this place ? always willing to try someplace new

Directly across from the Shell gas station just west of Kad Suan Kaew on Huay Kaew Road. http://www.wikimapia...08&z=18&l=0&m=b

huh.png No it ain't! It's in the next block, about 200M SE of where you describe! Same block as TMB Bank, and Soho Bar, actually opposite the Orchid Hotel.

The block opposite Shell has Lemon Tree (Thai Food), Salsa Kitchen(Mexican), Pern's restaurant (Mediterranean) - all great places to eat. There's also a cheap Sushi place.

I've never seen her smile either, but I can totally sympathise with the waitress at Amazing sandwich. Whilst the food is not bad (average but cheap), I don't enjoy going to places where groups of people talk VERY loudly about how they love and worship their imaginary friend with no respect for other who maybe there. They even bring their own screaming babies and brats with them (totally disproving the baby theorem tongue.png ). I voted with my feet. Salsa kitchen has the same affliction, but I only go when it's empty and there's no risk of bombardment from the pulpit.guitar.gif

Edited by Paagai
  • Like 1

I ate at Amazing Sandwich about 5 years ago and as far as i was concerned it was nothing special at all. I'd be happy to give it another try given these endorsements, but I often find endorsements here to be not that valuable given peoples different tastes in food. So let's try something more objective. For those that have been to "Pickles Deli", is Amazing Sandwich in that league or is it more like a "Mighty Moes"?

I'm not driving into town to be disappointed.

I ate at Amazing Sandwich about 5 years ago and as far as i was concerned it was nothing special at all. I'd be happy to give it another try given these endorsements, but I often find endorsements here to be not that valuable given peoples different tastes in food. So let's try something more objective. For those that have been to "Pickles Deli", is Amazing Sandwich in that league or is it more like a "Mighty Moes"?

O.K. I've never been to Pickles Deli (well I have but it was closed), but I've been to Mighty Moes several times. Amazing Sandwich is not even in the same league as Mighty Moes! It's just a basic sandwich shop that would appeal to the Thai palate. Like I said in an earlier post, anyone could make a better sandwich at home in 5 minutes time. Even Subway is better. But it seems that the thread is about their breakfast menu being good value. I've never had breakfast there (or for that matter anywhere in C.M.) since I always have breakfast at home!

Edited by elektrified

O.K. I've never been to Pickles Deli (well I have but it was closed), but I've been to Mighty Moes several times. Amazing Sandwich is not even in the same league as Mighty Moes! It's just a basic sandwich shop that would appeal to the Thai palate. Like I said in an earlier post, anyone could make a better sandwich at home in 5 minutes time. Even Subway is better. But it seems that the thread is about their breakfast menu being good value. I've never had breakfast there (or for that matter anywhere in C.M.) since I always have breakfast at home!

Yeah, the first two times I went there it was closed too, but i'm glad i kept going back. Life's too short to eat mediocre sandwiches. Thanks for your responce.

Pickles is open: Tues - Sun 10am-8pm. Closed Mondays

I posted about a welsh farrang ajan that was delivering sandwiches to schools in Chiang Mai, a while ago. I suspect he is still in business peddling his blackmarket luncheons, so it might be worth tracking him down for some.

I was concerned at first but have been reassured by other members and expats that it's all above board. Pm me if you'd like more information.

http://www.thaivisa....andwich-permit/

I've sent you a PM about the sandwich guy.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Pickles is open: Tues - Sun 10am-8pm. Closed Mondays

Actually open?

We can just pop in any time, no need to call ahead?

Re: Amazing Sandwich, the only thing that is amazing is it's name.

Agreed on Sandwich, decent quality but not particularly amazing, got a smile there too. The Wild Boar can take them on for brekky any day, the American or Brit breakfast is full bore (with beans etc) and, I think, 120 with coffee. Having said that, where is Pickles located I need something new(ish)