Amazing Sandwich

Chuckler

I've never eaten there, but go regularly to buy their excellent dill pickles. They smile at me, when I pull out my washed pickle jar- they offer a 3 B discount if you bring back their jars. No doubt they're smiling at the thought of a farang who cares about 3 B.......giggle.gif

you actually wash out the jar and take it back for 3 baht? you jest blink.png

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re .. Its called recycling , if more people did it the better

hes right !

and i thought this 10 inch sub with lettice tomato carrot cheese pineapple mayo

cucumber thousand island dressing roast chicken sliced boiled egg and tuna was amazing

coz i came out of there stuffed : )

dave2

post-42592-0-61451900-1336181260_thumb.j

post-42592-0-98640300-1336181336_thumb.j

Pickles is open: Tues - Sun 10am-8pm. Closed Mondays

Actually open?

We can just pop in any time, no need to call ahead?

Re: Amazing Sandwich, the only thing that is amazing is it's name.

Agreed on Sandwich, decent quality but not particularly amazing, got a smile there too. The Wild Boar can take them on for brekky any day, the American or Brit breakfast is full bore (with beans etc) and, I think, 120 with coffee. Having said that, where is Pickles located I need something new(ish)

My friend and I stopped in for the first time the other day. I am not a good judge on Pastrami or corned beef but my friend is. What he ordered was the corned beef and said it was far and away better than amazing sandwich. He took a tongue sandwich home and told me it was OK. I had calazonia with smoked sausage I liked it. It was a different smoke flavor than I have ever had before. Its not on the menu but if you ask for breakfast of bacon and eggs no problem he smokes his own bacon three times. Am defiantly looking forward to giving it a go. Hard to find good bacon.

His address is 18/3 Soi 3 Chang Phuek Chiang Mai. 50300

His Phone number is 0896370835 In case you get lost.

Edited by hellodolly

re .. Its called recycling , if more people did it the better

hes right !

and i thought this 10 inch sub with lettice tomato carrot cheese pineapple mayo

cucumber thousand island dressing roast chicken sliced boiled egg and tuna was amazing

coz i came out of there stuffed : )

dave2

Dave how the heck can you eat that in one sitting!

Thats actually a problem (imo)with most sandwich places, the sandwiches are ginormous!

I hate waste and being scottish thus rather frugal (tongue.png), hate spending and wasting. I either have to leave half a sandwich or take it with me where it turns soggy and inedible.

Oh the dilemmas of life. *sigh* sad.png

re .. Dave how the heck can you eat that in one sitting !

Thats actually a problem (imo)with most sandwich places, the sandwiches are ginormous!

i wanted a tuna chiken blah blah sub and thats exactly what i got.. so i was a happy man and

i did strugle to eat all of it .. but i managed : )

dave2 .. a satisfied amazing sandwich customer : )

re .. Dave how the heck can you eat that in one sitting !

i wanted a tuna chiken blah blah sub and thats exactly what i got.. so i was a happy man and

i did strugle to eat all of it .. but i managed : )

dave2 .. a satisfied amazing sandwich customer : )

Its a tough job.... but somebodies got to do it......

• 3 months later...

Well, just had a couple burgers at Amazing Sandwich... The girlfriend had a chicken burger and I had the meat burger. We were both not impressed at all by the quality and taste... Hopefully, their sandwiches are better. But we'll probably never know as there is lots of better place in town to enjoy a good meal.

Well, just had a couple burgers at Amazing Sandwich... The girlfriend had a chicken burger and I had the meat burger. We were both not impressed at all by the quality and taste... Hopefully, their sandwiches are better. But we'll probably never know as there is lots of better place in town to enjoy a good meal.

There sure is!

What sort of chicken? Free range? Plucked? What kind of meat? Just off the hoof? Aged? rolleyes.gif

I'd rather have no smiles and good food. But both would be great. The staff was smiling and courteous but that won't get me back as a customer. And I don't think it's too much to expect something else than cheap 7/11 white bread when a place specialize in sandwiches. How's is it called again? Amazing Sandwich? Too bad, I had high hopes for this place and I didn't even make it to sandwiches...

I ate at Amazing Sandwich about 5 years ago and as far as i was concerned it was nothing special at all. I'd be happy to give it another try given these endorsements, but I often find endorsements here to be not that valuable given peoples different tastes in food. So let's try something more objective. For those that have been to "Pickles Deli", is Amazing Sandwich in that league or is it more like a "Mighty Moes"?

I'm not driving into town to be disappointed.

I had heard about the place so I finally dropped in to get a sandwich. f course it is amazing. They put what you want on it. If you can not come up with a amazing sandwich that is your fault no theirs, Mine was amazing,. As for price it was 139 baht which I found reasonable for what i got. I doubt you could make the identical one at home much cheaper time you figure in chasing all over to get the different ingredients. And when you got them you would probably have to eat them up in a few days so they don't go bad, The honey mustard would set you back not to mention the cheese mars and vegetables.

yeah, the 7-11 bread is rubbish but get over it dude...! seriously wise up! its thailand not the ritz!

I would have thought that a major pre-requisite for an amazing sandwich is at the very least, good bread.

There is decent bread (not amazing) available in Chiang Mai, but you have to go get it and pay the asking price.

The 7/11 bread is just about as awful as it get and has no place in a sandwich shop!

I ate at Amazing Sandwich about 5 years ago and as far as i was concerned it was nothing special at all. I'd be happy to give it another try given these endorsements, but I often find endorsements here to be not that valuable given peoples different tastes in food. So let's try something more objective. For those that have been to "Pickles Deli", is Amazing Sandwich in that league or is it more like a "Mighty Moes"?

I had heard about the place so I finally dropped in to get a sandwich. f course it is amazing. They put what you want on it. If you can not come up with a amazing sandwich that is your fault no theirs, Mine was amazing,. As for price it was 139 baht which I found reasonable for what i got. I doubt you could make the identical one at home much cheaper time you figure in chasing all over to get the different ingredients. And when you got them you would probably have to eat them up in a few days so they don't go bad, The honey mustard would set you back not to mention the cheese mars and vegetables.

Cheese mars? OMB! I thought the Scottish and stupid children were the only ones to do silly things to mars bars. Been to amazing sandwich quite a few times over the years but mai hen that on the menu. Was this cheesy confection served as a side dish or in a bloody sandwich? :wai:

Edited by expatmakmak

re ..

Hopefully, their sandwiches are better. But we'll probably never know as there is lots of better place in town to enjoy a good meal.

their sandwiches i enjoy and if you or anybody else can tell me where to get a better

sandwich than this lets have the names and directions coz im looking for new places to eat

dave2

ps ... nancyl ... yes you can choose the type of bread you want !

its at the top of the order form on the right : )

post-42592-0-39788900-1346036276_thumb.j

post-42592-0-59845300-1346036331_thumb.j

Cheese mars? OMB! I thought the Scottish and stupid children were the only ones to do silly things to mars bars. Been to amazing sandwich quite a few times over the years but mai hen that on the menu. Was this cheesy confection served as a side dish or in a bloody sandwich? wai.gif

garlic cheese.

I get tired and tend to not proof read my work. Particularly when I am tired.

Mars Bars are good frozen.

Can't understand how people can pick any thing they want and not like it.

Well, I gotta say that their sandwiches sure look a LOT tastier than their burgers! This photo might actually have convinced me to give them another shot, in all fairness. But does it taste homemade or more like Subway?

I think sandwiches from both Subway and Amazing Sandwich taste way better than my homemade sandwiches. As Hellodolly points out, few people have all the ingredients in their refrigerator and/or they don't want to spend the time to prepare just a few slices of tomato, green pepper, onion, carrot, etc. My homemade sandwiches usually consist of ham and cheese (maybe melted in the toaster oven), with a bit of mustard and lettuce if we have some around. Not exactly Amazing Sandwich quality.

re.

I think sandwiches from both Subway and Amazing Sandwich taste way better than my homemade sandwiches.

i agree and i have a subway from the night bazzar now and again and its good but

you get a lot more stuff in an amazing sandwich sub coz theres way more choice of

fillings and if you want to pump it up with a bit more with something you fancy

bacon , turkey , tuna etc ... you can but costs extra : (

so when i want extra ??????? in my sandwich thats what i order and

#### the cost coz i only eat once a day

dave2

post-42592-0-70283900-1346068657_thumb.j

yeah, the 7-11 bread is rubbish but get over it dude...! seriously wise up! its thailand not the ritz!

Yeah thanks for that. I am often confusing countries and hotel chains. Maybe "Amediocre Sandwich," would be a more suitable name. Or am I getting confused with Uzbekistan?

Cheese mars? OMB! I thought the Scottish and stupid children were the only ones to do silly things to mars bars. Been to amazing sandwich quite a few times over the years but mai hen that on the menu. Was this cheesy confection served as a side dish or in a bloody sandwich? wai.gif

garlic cheese.

I get tired and tend to not proof read my work. Particularly when I am tired.

Mars Bars are good frozen.

Can't understand how people can pick any thing they want and not like it.

Garlic cheese to cheese mars? Seems more like back tracking to me. :wai:

Edited by expatmakmak

The ingredients at amazing sandwich are varied and of decent quality. But, the bread is so so and the bread for a sandwich is pretty important, so I wouldn't go there again for a sandwich.

But, I agree the breakfast is good so if I'm in that area in the morning I stop in.

Some of the bakeries in town have sandwiches (the one by smith is great) and butter is better makes a good sandwich.

Maybe you can bring your own bread to amazing sandwich (at the risk of them dropping it on the floor and stepping on it in the kitchen by accident on purpose)?

• Like 1