'What Should You Do If You Feel A Sexual Urge?' - Parents Question Thai Exam Format

webfact

Whatever happened to masturbation? It was the only thing u did with sexual urges in my day as girls weren't invented until circa 1964. It was quick, cheap, convenient and you didn't have to look good. I later found out that sex was a poor substitute. Up with the rubbings!

• Like 1

Whatever happened to masturbation? It was the only thing u did with sexual urges in my day as girls weren't invented until circa 1964. It was quick, cheap, convenient and you didn't have to look good. I later found out that sex was a poor substitute. Up with the rubbings!

And laundry's so cheap in Thailand too!

I can barely remember sitting an entrance exam for universities - however it's my belief that there are always some stupid questions mixed in with the "good stuff".

Does anyone have some examples of good questions that were asked? As a sample, here's a good question from the 2011 STAT test used in some states in Australia....

In an El Niño year, absence of warm water is likely to cause Indonesia to experience

A storms.

B reduced rainfall.

C cold wind blasts.

D stronger jet streams

And a rather more obscurely phrased question (though it does teach older english language interpretation)

Which two of statements (i) – (iv) below are most similar to each other in the attitude to equality

presented?

(i) Although men possess unequal powers, they nonetheless deserve equal rights.

(ii) Men are made by nature unequal. It is vain, therefore, to treat them as if they were equal.

(iii) Kneeling ne’er spoil’d silk stocking; quit thy state;

All equal are within the church’s gate.

(iv) The wealth of a nation consists more than anything else in the number of superior men it

harbours.

Ah, multiple choice. Modern education's gift to the ungifted.

Edited by bigbamboo

One of the multiple-choice questions asks, "If you have a sexual urge, what should you do?" The available alternatives are: a) Ask friends if you can play football together; b ) Consult family members; c) Try to sleep; d) Go out with a friend of the opposite sex; or e) Invite a close friend to watch a movie together.

http://www.thaivisa....heads-thailand/

I wonder if the police academy has such multiple questions?

Who should we stop on Safety and charge them?

a. Under age Teen with no helmet?

b. Motorbike with no lights?

c. Motorbike with 3 people?

d. Farang with Helmet and innocent looking?

One of the multiple-choice questions asks, "If you have a sexual urge, what should you do?" The available alternatives are: a) Ask friends if you can play football together; b ) Consult family members; c) Try to sleep; d) Go out with a friend of the opposite sex; or e) Invite a close friend to watch a movie together.

Or is Logical Voting also based on Multiple choice?

Choosing a Prime Minister

a. One who can run a business, but has not a clue in Politics

b. A Proxy briefed constantly from abroad?

c. A Cambridge Graduate with a vision for his country?

I can barely remember sitting an entrance exam for universities - however it's my belief that there are always some stupid questions mixed in with the "good stuff".

Does anyone have some examples of good questions that were asked? As a sample, here's a good question from the 2011 STAT test used in some states in Australia....

In an El Niño year, absence of warm water is likely to cause Indonesia to experience

A storms.

B reduced rainfall.

C cold wind blasts.

D stronger jet streams

And a rather more obscurely phrased question (though it does teach older english language interpretation)

Which two of statements (i) – (iv) below are most similar to each other in the attitude to equality

presented?

(i) Although men possess unequal powers, they nonetheless deserve equal rights.

(ii) Men are made by nature unequal. It is vain, therefore, to treat them as if they were equal.

(iii) Kneeling ne’er spoil’d silk stocking; quit thy state;

All equal are within the church’s gate.

(iv) The wealth of a nation consists more than anything else in the number of superior men it

harbours.

Ah, multiple choice. Modern education's gift to the ungifted.

If someone gets it wrong does not justify the other makng it worse! Just Educate the next generation on facts, laws and the respect of both!

That is an easy one.....d. rolleyes.gif

because Farangs are rich anyway rolleyes.gif

d. Anyone who overs 500 Baht.

But that is a difficult one as a, b and d. are correct

Papa Yah POk Pok -

None of the above...c) is a fairytale!

The teacher, who asked not to be named, said these questions were meant to teach students to analyse and think carefully before answering.

If you really want to know the level of analytic skills and knowledge of the subject, I don't believe "multiple choice" is the way to go. But of course- it makes life much more comfortable for the teacher.

The recent O-net test that I saw was full of misspellings and poor English grammar, and had more than one correct answer for multiple-choice questions. Who devises and checks these tests? Can they not get an adequately educated and qualified native English speaker to ensure that the English is correct? These are EXAMS.. children learn from these what is correct and what is incorrect. If the exam is incorrect, children become confused and doubt their own knowledge/understanding of the question. That makes the test very unfair to the student. Please make sure this problem is fixed.

Take those australian questions again..... I'd hate to face those questions if they were written in poor grammer...... particularly the later ones I didn't bother listing

Question 64 relates to the following poem.

Grass

Pile the bodies high at Austerlitz and Waterloo

Shovel them under and let me work —

I am the grass; I cover all.

And pile them high at Gettysburg

And pile them high at Ypres and Verdun

Shovel them under and let me work.

Two years, ten years, and passengers ask the conductor:

What place is this?

Where are we now?

I am the grass.

Let me work.

Carl Sandburg

64. Which one of the following best describes the tone of the poem?

A sympathetic, with a note of nostalgia

B bitter, with a note of derision

C compassionate, yet irritated

D contemptuous, yet humble

Good luck with that one!

It was A) Sympathetic with a note of nostalgia

The correct answer was formed by noting that the poem was 'reminiscing about the past' hence nostalgia.

Edited by ludditeman

Oh Master when do I stop? When your eyes are like mine!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

God gave man a penis and a brain, unfortunately, did not give sufficient blood supply to run both at the same time.

The recent O-net test that I saw was full of misspellings and poor English grammar, and had more than one correct answer for multiple-choice questions. Who devises and checks these tests? Can they not get an adequately educated and qualified native English speaker to ensure that the English is correct? These are EXAMS.. children learn from these what is correct and what is incorrect. If the exam is incorrect, children become confused and doubt their own knowledge/understanding of the question. That makes the test very unfair to the student. Please make sure this problem is fixed.

Of course they could get qualified English speakers to verify this. But that would implicate that Thais do not have the necessary competence to do this. So in the eye of the authority it is better to save face than to try and improve the knowledge of the students. Just pathetic.