Thai Rung All-Roader

northend_boyz

My wife did a bit of research on Thairung vehicles, and she came across 2 or 3 reviews that say thairung vehicles are assembled poorly and as a result start to squeak after a few years. I'm not if i should worry.

Anyways, we called Thairung and according to the main office there are less than 10 allroaders left for sale. They offered a decent deal so considering it. Will negotiate more...

How much is the MU7?

Does anyone know the price range for the Trailblazer?

Yes, only 10 left because there's a new generation launching very soon.

MU-7 starts at 1.013M for the base model MT, up to 1.32M for the top model.

No pricing for Trailblazer until it's official launch in 19 days time, but I would expect the base model 5MT 2.5L version (as hinted by Chevy, not confrmed) to kick off around the 1M mark so it can compete against the diesel Pajero Sport and Mysterious Utility 7..

benzine Pajero Sport. would be OK if you don't use it much, otherwise you will pay at the pumps...... The lighter pickup benzine goes under 7 km per lt of petrol.... Diesel cost less and over 13 km per lt........ Would expect most benzine Pajero Sport will have/fit gas = price over 1 million.... Spare wheel will have to go inside or on a swing bracket at the rear, making is even longer + 2 tanks under.

Myself cannot see the point, would think the Diesel Pajero Sport would be a much better deal.

Okay, so now we are considering bumping our price range a bit. We're considering the Pajero diesel / Trailblazer / Everest / and maybe the base model MU7. We decided that they'd be a better investment in the long run. Tough decision anyways... any suggestions???

Okay, so now we are considering bumping our price range a bit. We're considering the Pajero diesel / Trailblazer / Everest / and maybe the base model MU7. We decided that they'd be a better investment in the long run. Tough decision anyways... any suggestions???

The specs and prices for the production version of the Trailblazer under under very tight wraps, pending it's global release in Thailand on the 21st of this month, so all we know right now is that it's probably going to be slightly watered down from the concept shown at Dubai, and will have the same basic underpinnings of the Colorado.. Let's wait and see smile.png

As for the others:

Pajero Sport: #1 selling SUV in Thailand for the 2nd year now, strong dealer network, excellent resale value, so pretty good overall value. Just over 3 years old, with the next gen due around 2014/2015. It's 2.5L diesel was updated in early 2011, making it the most powerful in the segment, with good FE and 5AT. Best ride comfort in the segment also.

Fortuner: #1 selling SUV for several years until Pajero Sport took the title in late 2010. Getting on a bit now (> 7 years old), but aging well due to being so far ahead of the curve when first released. Huge dealer network, excellent resale, but a bit stigmatized due to the way the average. 'Tuna owner behaves on the road. Should not be overlooked though. Wears the magic "T" badge, so many will buy on that basis alone.

Everest: Based on a very old platform and showing it's age. The replacement model (based on the T6 Ranger platform) is due early next year, and promises to be substantially better. That said, it's not terrible by any measure, but it's not especially fantastic either. Some of the 'larger framed' members here have chosen it over others as it offers more space/comfort for bigger 'pum pui' types wink.png

MU-7: Base design is now 8 years old, and tech is very dated. Isuzu engines are well regarded in TH for reliability and FE though, and it's got more cargo space than the others when in 7 seats mode. Good resale, huge dealer network, and there's plenty of standard accessories and blingy bits to take your eye off the fact that it's so old wink.png Next gen being delayed until 2014. Meh for me, but maybe right for you if you want the biggest SUV in the price range.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis
  • Like 1

The specs and prices for the production version of the Trailblazer under under very tight wraps, pending it's global release in Thailand on the 21st of this month, so all we know right now is that it's probably going to be slightly watered down from the concept shown at Dubai, and will have the same basic underpinnings of the Colorado.. Let's wait and see smile.png

As for the others:

Pajero Sport: #1 selling SUV in Thailand for the 2nd year now, strong dealer network, excellent resale value, so pretty good overall value. Just over 3 years old, with the next gen due around 2014/2015. It's 2.5L diesel was updated in early 2011, making it the most powerful in the segment, with good FE and 5AT. Best ride comfort in the segment also.

Fortuner: #1 selling SUV for several years until Pajero Sport took the title in late 2010. Getting on a bit now (> 7 years old), but aging well due to being so far ahead of the curve when first released. Huge dealer network, excellent resale, but a bit stigmatized due to the way the average. 'Tuna owner behaves on the road. Should not be overlooked though. Wears the magic "T" badge, so many will buy on that basis alone.

Everest: Based on a very old platform and showing it's age. The replacement model (based on the T6 Ranger platform) is due early next year, and promises to be substantially better. That said, it's not terrible by any measure, but it's not especially fantastic either. Some of the 'larger framed' members here have chosen it over others as it offers more space/comfort for bigger 'pum pui' types wink.png

MU-7: Base design is now 8 years old, and tech is very dated. Isuzu engines are well regarded in TH for reliability and FE though, and it's got more cargo space than the others when in 7 seats mode. Good resale, huge dealer network, and there's plenty of standard accessories and blingy bits to take your eye off the fact that it's so old wink.png Next gen being delayed until 2014. Meh for me, but maybe right for you if you want the biggest SUV in the price range.

Thanks for the detailed information.

From what i gathered, the Pajero is a safe bet. But i'll take a look at the Trailblazer at the motorshow. I actually like the way the Everest looks but they don't have any on show anymore. They make on order according to the office i called.

Up the price some more, sure she will like this one giggle.gif

post-42643-0-21243600-1331170092_thumb.j

This thing gets my vote as "Most Embarrasssing and brand damaging concept of the year".,

<deleted>, a luxury SUV with dubs? You've got to be kidding me.

I would not been seen dead in it! wink.png

My reaction to the porsche cayenne when it first came out wink.png LOL

Edited by MESmith

Up the price some more, sure she will like this one giggle.gif

post-42643-0-21243600-1331170092_thumb.j

This thing gets my vote as "Most Embarrasssing and brand damaging concept of the year".,

My reaction to the porsche cayenne when it first came out wink.png LOL

Agreed, the 1st gen Cayenne was hideous, but at least they left it to rap stars to add the dubs, heh :D

Thankfully Porsche fixed it with the 2nd gen, otherwise you'd be able to have field day at my expense ;)

• Like 1

post-42643-0-47723000-1329959838_thumb.j

Another option, many on the roads, Thai friend has one say a very fine cheap motoring, done high mileage and never missed a beat.

Proton Exora 7 seats, starts @ 650,000 manual, top of the range Auto is 815,000 baht.

what. way to offer someone to buy a 135hp heavy minivan

snapback.pngignis, on 2012-02-23 08:13:21, said:

attachicon.gifProton Exora.jpg

Another option, many on the roads, Thai friend has one say a very fine cheap motoring, done high mileage and never missed a beat.

Proton Exora 7 seats, starts @ 650,000 manual, top of the range Auto is 815,000 baht.

what. way to offer someone to buy a 135hp heavy minivan

135 hp ?????? states 125........ Heavy ? states is 1.422 kg much lighter than my Audi A6...... Minivan ? Looks like an Estate car to me... Or is a TR or MU-7 and minivan ?

Rolls-Royce made for many years an Estate called the Shooting Brake........ from the 1930's

Bentley Estates have been called Touring...from the 1940's

Aston Martin Shooting Brake some were called Sportsman Estate depending on year and model..........

So why not a 2013 Bentley Touring Estate ?

Edited by ignis

Ford Everest? (Ranger in disguise)

Just a look at the Thairung should be enough to put you off.

They're all just pick up anyway.

If you're talking about the currently available Everest, it's a 14 year old Mazda B-series in disguise, unrelated to the current-gen T6 Ranger ;)

If you're talking about the currently available Everest, it's a 14 year old Mazda B-series in disguise, unrelated to the current-gen T6 Ranger wink.png

what an anorak!

Check the spec and parts on Ford and Masda - even the "new model" is not a complete redesign

And as ever a pickup.

If you're talking about the currently available Everest, it's a 14 year old Mazda B-series in disguise, unrelated to the current-gen T6 Ranger wink.png

what an anorak!

Check the spec and parts on Ford and Masda - even the "new model" is not a complete redesign

And as ever a pickup.

Hrmm., don't know if I've ever been called a piece of clothing before, lol :D

The T6 Ranger and new BT-50 are in fact complete re-designs, from the ground-up. In fact there's not a single part number shared with the previous gen.

We've decided to go for the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport...the model second from the top. Yes, i'm paying more than i wanted but it's probably worth the extra investment in the long run for a quality suv.

I found this web site offering Mitsubishi Pajero Sport at the same price as the dealer but with some extra accesorries,.... GPS system, roof monitor, reversing camera to name a few. Looks promising!!!

Wanted to ask y'all what you think? The sites in Thai but translates okay.

http://www.car-galaxy.com/index.php?mo=3&art=517788

I'd Appreciate some input

Thanks