Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

H/M has had a few crazy days, Monday the electric man should have turned up but alas due to Bundle's of rain and for the first time since I have lived here the power going off at 5am and not back till just before 10am had to put him orf.

Needless to say he was here today to put right what his man had buggered in the first place. I did say before that I had a problem with my electric, prior to that a post about Thai workmen doing the job they were paid to do only to mess up something else.

Well it's happened again. The man that came and put on H/M new motor for the gate, that went on the blink all down to his man cutting through one of my wires a little bit of rain and it was no more.

He had tried to tell me it was my wire that H/M had put in in the first place nothing to do with the fact that he had buggered it.

Well today H/M got at it cut off offending wire and after checking it was as right an nine pence let him see it would now turn on and not blow the fuse.

He still wouldn't have it and said the I would not be able to rewire without him helping. You'll like this bit only Thai's can do electric. I told him not to touch anything and maybe he should call back later in the day to see if I had a problem I also offered him 5,000bt if I couldn't do it.

Shore as egg's are egg's back he come just in time for the switching on. Did it work first time of cause, after checking all my work he had to admit that maybe some Farang are able to put right what a Thai had buggered in the first place.

Nice to see you putting in a few post Jerry thought we had lost you.

Have to agree with your post that you can get booze in most places, where Mike scores is that he's cheaper than any other place by about 20% 40% if you are in BKK and also he will do you a mixed box at a reduced rate.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

KPP, thats the place that stinks of Oil ,and N/W is the home of Floods, Traffic Lights and Congestion, both best avoided.

Not the part where I live in by the Mae Wong national park up in the valleys boyo.

I always thought that the terms were 'up in the hills' and 'down in the valleys' but never mind. Although using a term like 'boyo' I thought you may know this.

Away from the cities there's definitely less traffic congestion and the air is definitely cleaner when the locals aren't burning rubbish, making charcoal or burning sugar cane and rice fields.

I wiouldn't mind seeing particulate counts for the contested areas of this thread. Might be a surprise there for one or two folks.

Jerry

I live in a valley between a couple of hills but it is up above the flatlanders who live on the plains of KPP or NS.

The only traffic congestion we get is on market days and the annual big village fair in November or when the funeral procession or men becoming monks are out but that isn't too ofter.

The boyo came from another life long ago when I was in the RAF near Barry, Glamorganshire. The valley commandos used to come down from the hills in their best pit helmets and miners boots as black as coal with 3 pints of beer in each hand and terrify young airmen into dancing. And they were only the women, muscles like Popeye on spinach carrying a pit pony under their arm. A scary sight afte eleventeen pints of Brains SA (Skull Attack) bitter of the River Taff in Cardiff.

Memories of the good old days.

Thought you may have been a Taff, but apparently not.

Our congested (if you can really call them that) days are Tuesday and Saturday when the sea food guy arrives at the Temple market. Seems that E-Toks are congestion charge free when abandoned on a single track road and it appears that seafood fits in very well with the Thai diet of 'see food and eat it'.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the pitskrieg gals had strong firm thighs as well. I remember Brains Ales being on sale at pubs in Bristol when I was a student there. Don't remember trying any of it though. With a name like Skull Attack, that could have been just be what happened. In those days I was more into cider. Well scrumpy to be precise. At Uni-gigs the SP drink was Necastle Brown Ale as there was less chance of getting your drink spiked by some merry prankster.

Brings back a few memories of my own also.

Jerry

H/M has had a few crazy days, Monday the electric man should have turned up but alas due to Bundle's of rain and for the first time since I have lived here the power going off at 5am and not back till just before 10am had to put him orf.

Needless to say he was here today to put right what his man had buggered in the first place. I did say before that I had a problem with my electric, prior to that a post about Thai workmen doing the job they were paid to do only to mess up something else.

Well it's happened again. The man that came and put on H/M new motor for the gate, that went on the blink all down to his man cutting through one of my wires a little bit of rain and it was no more.

He had tried to tell me it was my wire that H/M had put in in the first place nothing to do with the fact that he had buggered it.

Well today H/M got at it cut off offending wire and after checking it was as right an nine pence let him see it would now turn on and not blow the fuse.

He still wouldn't have it and said the I would not be able to rewire without him helping. You'll like this bit only Thai's can do electric. I told him not to touch anything and maybe he should call back later in the day to see if I had a problem I also offered him 5,000bt if I couldn't do it.

Shore as egg's are egg's back he come just in time for the switching on. Did it work first time of cause, after checking all my work he had to admit that maybe some Farang are able to put right what a Thai had buggered in the first place.

Have to agree with your post that you can get booze in most places, where Mike scores is that he's cheaper than any other place by about 20% 40% if you are in BKK and also he will do you a mixed box at a reduced rate.

H/M.

Fred.

Not lost and apparently not forgotten. Been travelling around and resolving a problem or three. Seems you've been doing a little of the same. Don't you just love dealing with tradesmen.

Actually I find the 'not me' or 'nothing that I did' syndrome an international misgiving with these folks. The benefit of Thai tradesmen is that they actually help you with problems that occur much later and the service is free of charge. All you need do if you have a new problem is look where the last guy was working and you'll find the cause of it. Then you get it fixed and the cycle continues.

The price of the beers is directly proportional to the number of middle men between the importer and your point of purchase, If your man doesn't have many of those, then there's no surprise that you can get a good deal. Especially if he's not making seperate charges for service and tax.

If you organised delivery yourself you could definitely undercut him though. However unless you drink like a fish or are cash poor, the question has to be; is it worth the effort? I buy mine when I'm in Hua Hin and load the truck before I come North. I'll make a note of your post though. Just in case I ever run short and have no plans to travel. Can your man get Paulaner Dunkel (the blue labelled bottle)?

Jerry

H/M.

Fred.

Not lost and apparently not forgotten. Been travelling around and resolving a problem or three. Seems you've been doing a little of the same. Don't you just love dealing with tradesmen.

Actually I find the 'not me' or 'nothing that I did' syndrome an international misgiving with these folks. The benefit of Thai tradesmen is that they actually help you with problems that occur much later and the service is free of charge. All you need do if you have a new problem is look where the last guy was working and you'll find the cause of it. Then you get it fixed and the cycle continues.

The price of the beers is directly proportional to the number of middle men between the importer and your point of purchase, If your man doesn't have many of those, then there's no surprise that you can get a good deal. Especially if he's not making seperate charges for service and tax.

If you organised delivery yourself you could definitely undercut him though. However unless you drink like a fish or are cash poor, the question has to be; is it worth the effort? I buy mine when I'm in Hua Hin and load the truck before I come North. I'll make a note of your post though. Just in case I ever run short and have no plans to travel. Can your man get Paulaner Dunkel (the blue labelled bottle)?

Jerry

Not sure what he does as I said before he now has 15 German Beers I will write the name down and have a look next time I'm in more than likely over the weekend.

I cant get his menu orf the web as he wont post it all down to local people trying to copy it.

I do believe he get's all his beers directly for the importers in BKK, hence he can do it at a keen price.

Still a bit of a trip though if ever your passing the Oasis restaurant & bar is down the soi next to Global on the 1 Tak road. As said before he doesn't do any Thai food so your good lady might be left a bit in the cold food wise. Mr's H/M normally has one of his salads that she doctors herself by putting in several crushed chillies that she has brought from the house sad really.

H/M.

Fred.

H/M.

Fred.

Jerry

Not sure what he does as I said before he now has 15 German Beers I will write the name down and have a look next time I'm in more than likely over the weekend.

I cant get his menu orf the web as he wont post it all down to local people trying to copy it.

I do believe he get's all his beers directly for the importers in BKK, hence he can do it at a keen price.

Still a bit of a trip though if ever your passing the Oasis restaurant & bar is down the soi next to Global on the 1 Tak road. As said before he doesn't do any Thai food so your good lady might be left a bit in the cold food wise. Mr's H/M normally has one of his salads that she doctors herself by putting in several crushed chillies that she has brought from the house sad really.

H/M.

Fred.

Thanks for that.

If he's buying directly from the importer, he'll definitely be able to get it.

As things are, I'll still buy from Hua Hin as we stay there on a regular basis and get a good deal from our guy on foods as well. We don't go in the truck too often though. Only if we intend to stock up on foodstuffs and beer.

Your guy could be a good alternative if we have an 'oh dear, we need to go to Hua Hin because you need to buy beer' moment. A round trip to Kamphaeng Phet would be about 320kms compared to Hua Hins 1500. Such moments inevitably invoke a need to visit Bangkok's wonderful malls also (the true need).

You inferred the Oasis has it's own website and if so I suspect it will have a link to an e-mail address. I'll look for it. I would prefer to contact them first and establish price and availability before any visit. I would hate to just drop-in and embarass him by suddenly asking for four or five cases of a beer which may not usually be a good seller there.

As far as food goes, we both eat pretty much anything exept grits. Not saying I enjoy it all though.

Jerry

Bit of traffic chaos in the Heavenly City of late and may be set to continue for a while. Firstly the southbound bridge over the river has been cloaes for repairs, the central section has been opened temporarily but with BIB on hand things are slowing down, there are going to be traffic problems, a number of southbound buses are heading west and onto the by pass to miss it.

Secondly along the banks of the river to the northwest a market is appearing, stalls on the northside of the road already up and traffic parked on the other side of the road, no doubt more stalls shortly, single file traffic due to the usual parking without consideration are the order of the day. The area is from about 1/2 mile west of the river bridge along to the soi 49 ( Immigration ). Looks like the market will under way at the weekend and it you have to go to Immigration come at it from Indoor market end or sawanvittee 64 ( indoor Market to Big C ).

Edited by nong38

H/M.

Fred.

Jerry

H/M.

Fred.

Thanks for that.

If he's buying directly from the importer, he'll definitely be able to get it.

As things are, I'll still buy from Hua Hin as we stay there on a regular basis and get a good deal from our guy on foods as well. We don't go in the truck too often though. Only if we intend to stock up on foodstuffs and beer.

Your guy could be a good alternative if we have an 'oh dear, we need to go to Hua Hin because you need to buy beer' moment. A round trip to Kamphaeng Phet would be about 320kms compared to Hua Hins 1500. Such moments inevitably invoke a need to visit Bangkok's wonderful malls also (the true need).

You inferred the Oasis has it's own website and if so I suspect it will have a link to an e-mail address. I'll look for it. I would prefer to contact them first and establish price and availability before any visit. I would hate to just drop-in and embarass him by suddenly asking for four or five cases of a beer which may not usually be a good seller there.

As far as food goes, we both eat pretty much anything exept grits. Not saying I enjoy it all though.

Jerry

Once I have sorted out the beer thing I will let you have via a PM Mike's Phone No: I haven't looked but he may have a wed site. I know his wife put on a local wed the other week about place's to eat in K.P.P he got so bizzy he told her to take it off again. He already has more peep's than he can handle.

N/B it's not the farang that drink all the German beer it's Thai's.

H/M.

Fred.

Bit of traffic chaos in the Heavenly City of late and may be set to continue for a while. Firstly the southbound bridge over the river has been cloaes for repairs, the central section has been opened temporarily but with BIB on hand things are slowing down, there are going to be traffic problems, a number of southbound buses are heading west and onto the by pass to miss it.

Secondly along the banks of the river to the northwest a market is appearing, stalls on the northside of the road already up and traffic parked on the other side of the road, no doubt more stalls shortly, single file traffic due to the usual parking without consideration are the order of the day. The area is from about 1/2 mile west of the river bridge along to the soi 49 ( Immigration ). Looks like the market will under way at the weekend and it you have to go to Immigration come at it from Indoor market end or sawanvittee 64 ( indoor Market to Big C ).

Just as normal then Dave traffic wise.

Right back to more serious stuff to-wit H/M electric.

Today I decided to have a good look at what our so called electrician had been up to in the new power box he had put in as I stated before he had kindly put in two sockets very handy, then I got to examining the wireing that he had done, I have 6 wires twin cable and he had just paired them and wound them together finishing the job with load's of insulating tape.

H/M decided this was at best crap so it was out with the soldering gun and my heat gun and orf I went less than an hour later all was sorted with the shrink rap in place.

I do have several feet of only slightly used insulating tape floating about you'll all be pleased to hear that it's going cheap.

N/B I think he does do work in N/S if anyone would like his phone no: just send me a PM.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Apparently a lot of the traffic chaos has been down to the excellent noodles available in Nakhon Sawan and the extra traffic descending upon the city. 11 different herbs and spices, different combinations, different tastes, a culinary hor spot, unless you happen to be in KPP then its some German joint with cheap beer to cater for the cheap charlies up thererolleyes.gif

Apparently a lot of the traffic chaos has been down to the excellent noodles available in Nakhon Sawan and the extra traffic descending upon the city. 11 different herbs and spices, different combinations, different tastes, a culinary hor spot, unless you happen to be in KPP then its some German joint with cheap beer to cater for the cheap charlies up there:rolleyes:

Cheap Charlie's Cheap Charlie's bit below the belt Dave.

Point of order the German beer isn't cheap like all imported stuff it's well over priced compared to the Thai stuff, but saying that it is rather good and make's a change from all the local rubbish that abounds.

H/M doesn't get on with the light wheat beer but the dark is rather delish. Some are a trite strong hovering around 8%+ mark, definitely not suitable for the lower classes, I can see you now all bloated after eating your cheap Noodles with allegedly 11 spices & herds erbs AM not a trace of Liver in any. Attired in football shirt's "Arsenal" more that likely muttering insanities not to mention doing moonies out of the window's of your rented coach after their annual day trip out of N/S.

H/M has been watching the open golf & the tour of France all in HD tonight made a nice change from looking at England getting slaughtered at Cricket how we doing in that by the way Dave.

H/M.

Fred.

Liver in N/S not a problem. Come to my house this afternoon, I'll take to the local butcher and you can pick your own, still walking. Pick it up fresh tomorrow morning or you could stay the night and wait for it. But the only beer avaiable at my place is Leo. You could get Heiniken at the 7/11 abount 12 kilometers away during booze hours but nothing else and for western food, it's my cooking or nothing. Noodles readily avaiable, with liver and chicken blood, at my wife's restaurant. Leo and Chang are also available even outside of booze hours.

I must warn you that if it's raining you might be in for a real "E" ticket ride down the raod through the corn and cane fields!

Oasis is on Google Earth, but I can't find a website. He could post his menu without prices as many restaurants do.

Bill,

My SIL must live somewhere near you. She lives about 45 kilometers from Lat Yao toward. the Mae Wong park. I've only been there twice and would have a hard time finding it again. My wife certainly doesn't know where she lives as the last time we went she had to telephone her and have her come to the main road to follow her home. I've been to the park once a long time ago, some waterfalls. Even though I was driving and had a Thai license they tried to charge me farang prices but finally let me in for free. I can remember that many people were chased and bitten by monkeys so I sat in the shade and drank a couple of cool ones while everyone else played!

We had a good soaking rain Monday night, but it might be to late to do the corn any good. Looks like an early and low yield harvest, but at least the beast will be put to work with some minor adjustments if the cobs are small.

Liver in N/S not a problem. Come to my house this afternoon, I'll take to the local butcher and you can pick your own, still walking. Pick it up fresh tomorrow morning or you could stay the night and wait for it. But the only beer avaiable at my place is Leo. You could get Heiniken at the 7/11 abount 12 kilometers away during booze hours but nothing else and for western food, it's my cooking or nothing. Noodles readily avaiable, with liver and chicken blood, at my wife's restaurant. Leo and Chang are also available even outside of booze hours.

I must warn you that if it's raining you might be in for a real "E" ticket ride down the raod through the corn and cane fields!

Oasis is on Google Earth, but I can't find a website. He could post his menu without prices as many restaurants do.

Bill,

My SIL must live somewhere near you. She lives about 45 kilometers from Lat Yao toward. the Mae Wong park. I've only been there twice and would have a hard time finding it again. My wife certainly doesn't know where she lives as the last time we went she had to telephone her and have her come to the main road to follow her home. I've been to the park once a long time ago, some waterfalls. Even though I was driving and had a Thai license they tried to charge me farang prices but finally let me in for free. I can remember that many people were chased and bitten by monkeys so I sat in the shade and drank a couple of cool ones while everyone else played!

We had a good soaking rain Monday night, but it might be to late to do the corn any good. Looks like an early and low yield harvest, but at least the beast will be put to work with some minor adjustments if the cobs are small.

Wayne your SIL must live somewhere on the other side of Mae Wong to me.

The road to Mae Wong is the 1072 and there is a crossroads at Khao Chon Kan. Turning left at the cross orads takes you on the 3504 back out to Uthai Thani. straight over takes you into the national park at Mae Le Wah and turning right but staying on the 1072 takes you to Klong Lan Pattana. If you turn left onto the 1117 for about 6 km that is where we live.

Bill,

I've no doubt that you can get liver there but in the town proper there seems to be a lack of same, the food your wife seems to serve sound's just the thing as I have said before I do have to eat all sort's of funny stuff that Mrs H/M dishes up most I'm glad to say is edible.

12Km for a beer I might rebuke at that I'll just have to carry on as normal in Jolly old K.P.P where everything seems to be available 24/7 thank Buddha.

If anyone want's to know why I haven't been to Bill's place just read his direction in his last post, even with my sat/nav I'm shore to get lost.

H/M.

Fred.

"The road to Mae Wong is the 1072 and there is a crossroads at Khao Chon Kan. Turning left at the cross orads takes you on the 3504 back out to Uthai Thani. straight over takes you into the national park at Mae Le Wah and turning right but staying on the 1072 takes you to Klong Lan Pattana. If you turn left onto the 1117 for about 6 km that is where we live."

Quite a distance from where the SIL lives, as you said she's south east of the park

Your directions are spot on for me. Looked at the map once and could most likely find it without looking again. H/M obviously failed Map Reading 101. If I'm right your coordinates are approximatey 16.044007 and 99.386845, very close to Mabun Resort.

Edited by wayned

"The road to Mae Wong is the 1072 and there is a crossroads at Khao Chon Kan. Turning left at the cross orads takes you on the 3504 back out to Uthai Thani. straight over takes you into the national park at Mae Le Wah and turning right but staying on the 1072 takes you to Klong Lan Pattana. If you turn left onto the 1117 for about 6 km that is where we live."

Quite a distance from where the SIL lives, as you said she's south east of the park

Your directions are spot on for me. Looked at the map once and could most likely find it without looking again. H/M obviously failed Map Reading 101. If I'm right your coordinates are approximatey 16.044007 and 99.386845, very close to Mabun Resort.

Don't do map reading or coordinates I do know how the get to the local paper shop for my BKK post though about 1.5 km from ware I live.

Mrs H/M has a friend that lives near Bill and I always get lost going there. Ok coming back all I do is press go home on S/N and would you believe it never a problem.

It's all right for you country bumpkins turn right at the next rice paddy but if it's not a strait line I don't go.

If it wasn't for my S/Nav I would more than likely miss the N/S bypass.

H.M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

GPS without coordinates, interesting piece of equipment!

GPS don't work here like they do in the UK US? when you just put in the area code you want, you just put in where you want to go IE Pattaya/Hotels and it'll take you there, then it keep's the places you have been before so you just look it up an away you go, it's all a bit hit and miss but some how it works.

I had to do a 6+ month intensive course many many years ago, coordinates, map reading, slide rules, wind direction. +++ that was when I did my PPL private pilot's licence I was so pleased when I got it as I could then use their type of S/N and beacon hop since then I want everything easy.

I do have very good map's Mr's H/M likes to use those, when we go south she turns the map upside down and reads it from the top that's because we are going down Thailand you can see now why I need the S/N and don't rely on her even getting us around her home town BKK.

H/M.

Fred.

Up a trite early no football on.

Edited by fredob43

My military background is airborne navigation. Back in the early 1970's and 80's I used to teach the use of airborne navigation equipment to pilots. Our compny designed equipoment that used the US Navy VLF stations that are CW which they used to commiunicate with submarines and eventually the Omega system that was developed for navigation prior to sat nav. It was a poor man's INS (inertial navigation system). Mostly corporate jets but a few low cost airlines and military transports. I was never in a crash but it was sometimes a scary time trying to teach piolts how to navigate when they were also just learning to fly a multi engine single pilot IFR certified jet aircraft..

I've actually never owned a GPS unit but did have Omega in my boat in the US and rely on my memory to get me where I want to go. If I ask my wife for directions and she tells me to turn right, I automaticallly turn left because I know that she doesn't have a clue where she's going even after she's been there 10 times.

My military background is airborne navigation. Back in the early 1970's and 80's I used to teach the use of airborne navigation equipment to pilots. Our compny designed equipoment that used the US Navy VLF stations that are CW which they used to commiunicate with submarines and eventually the Omega system that was developed for navigation prior to sat nav. It was a poor man's INS (inertial navigation system). Mostly corporate jets but a few low cost airlines and military transports. I was never in a crash but it was sometimes a scary time trying to teach piolts how to navigate when they were also just learning to fly a multi engine single pilot IFR certified jet aircraft..

I've actually never owned a GPS unit but did have Omega in my boat in the US and rely on my memory to get me where I want to go. If I ask my wife for directions and she tells me to turn right, I automaticallly turn left because I know that she doesn't have a clue where she's going even after she's been there 10 times.

I don't have a military background, to young??? to have to do service, and no way was I going to go in of my own accord.

I know what you mean though about flying multi engine planes + having to sort out the Nav problem, I just stuck to single engine ones that just plodded along as long as they had full airways equipment installed thing's like VRF VOR ADF and now a form of GPS I believe not available when I first flew. The US used a different system's from us Brit's more than likely changed now, as you have realised that our one's are far better.

It wasn't as you know till you lot open lots of your satellites that we could even get the modern S/N, Thanks for that. The first S/N I had used to work orf three sats and pretty useless they were even my car one can pick up several.

Not that it helps Mr's H/M though some of the first word's in Thai I understood was GO BACK it's the other way.

H/M.

Fred.

I took ROTC my first year of college and dopped out due to a school change and family financial problems. I was a marked man when I graduated, in 1966, the middle of the Vietnam war. It was either be drafted and end up in the infantry or flying choppers, so I joined and was able to get into aviation in the Marines, but no combat flying.

After almost 9 years in the Corps I got out, family medical problems, and joined a small startup Company making this Nav equipent and stayed with it for my entire career even though it was bought out and merged two times and ended up being the Director of Customer Support for the Division of Sony that made the airline seatback entertainment sysytems. I took early retiremnet in 1997 since Sony was preparing to sell the division to a competator and the writing was on the wall.

I did crash a B737 on landing once, thank god it was in the simulator at Boeing..

Close enough. They are our next door neighbours.

If you look them up on Google Earth we are in the house next door with the brown roof with all the ongs behind the kitchen and the small house where my MIL lives.

I took ROTC my first year of college and dopped out due to a school change and family financial problems. I was a marked man when I graduated, in 1966, the middle of the Vietnam war. It was either be drafted and end up in the infantry or flying choppers, so I joined and was able to get into aviation in the Marines, but no combat flying.

After almost 9 years in the Corps I got out, family medical problems, and joined a small startup Company making this Nav equipent and stayed with it for my entire career even though it was bought out and merged two times and ended up being the Director of Customer Support for the Division of Sony that made the airline seatback entertainment sysytems. I took early retiremnet in 1997 since Sony was preparing to sell the division to a competator and the writing was on the wall.

I did crash a B737 on landing once, thank god it was in the simulator at Boeing..

Have also done the simulator bit and I found it more difficult than the real thing.

Never been in a helicopter not even to sit in one the one's at our local flying club were to say the least a bit crappy.

I decided to give up flying after a near miss not my fault I was on long finals and in contact with the control tower who had told me I was no:1 for landing, when a dick head came from nowhere and decided to descend in front of me my prop nearly took his tail plane orf, and I had to do a fly through.

On landing it turned out that he had not had his radio on as he hadn't passed his radio licence so didn't know I was there, how he expected to get any clearance for landing I can only guess. That was enough for me to many plonkers about, one near miss is one to many.

H/M.

Fred.

Bill: Finding your place proves that I can follow directions and still read a map. The only problenm is by the time I find the map I forgot why I was looking or it and if I do remember I can't find my eyeglasses that I used 10 minutes ago!

Choppers, oh what fun! They have the glide slope of a rock! Iv'e flow with them all over the world since the first VLF Nav system was lost cost and very popular in the oil business but very user unfriendly. Really awakens you when your waiting for the pilot and a young kid comes diddly bopping across the tarmac with a boom box on his shoulder and he's the pilot. But he survived Vietnam. Monsoon season in the gulf of Martiban off the Myanmar coast was also fun as the ship was far out well past the point of no return.

I've been in many near misses, but fortunately they were misses. Ferrying cattle from Canada to Poland in a DC8 where the load master put them too far forward and after we finally got in the air we couldn't gain any altitude until we all went back and moved them aft. A scary and smelly operation but got it done. Good thing there weren't any hills on the flight path. I could go on for pages.

Bill: Finding your place proves that I can follow directions and still read a map. The only problenm is by the time I find the map I forgot why I was looking or it and if I do remember I can't find my eyeglasses that I used 10 minutes ago!

Choppers, oh what fun! They have the glide slope of a rock! Iv'e flow with them all over the world since the first VLF Nav system was lost cost and very popular in the oil business but very user unfriendly. Really awakens you when your waiting for the pilot and a young kid comes diddly bopping across the tarmac with a boom box on his shoulder and he's the pilot. But he survived Vietnam. Monsoon season in the gulf of Martiban off the Myanmar coast was also fun as the ship was far out well past the point of no return.

I've been in many near misses, but fortunately they were misses. Ferrying cattle from Canada to Poland in a DC8 where the load master put them too far forward and after we finally got in the air we couldn't gain any altitude until we all went back and moved them aft. A scary and smelly operation but got it done. Good thing there weren't any hills on the flight path. I could go on for pages.

That's one of the reasons I don't like helicopters no glide slope.

For old time sake I have just looked on you tube at the plane doing stop and go's that I learnt to fly in an A/M Alon A2 Aircoupe must admit that your mob got that right spot on. If you can ride a bike you can fly one of those, no flaps, tail fins, impossible to stall. Start her up and off you go it was so easy to fly that I did my first solo in under 3.5hour flying time.

Talking of near misses I had one of those last night, for the first time ever we had a farmer bring some buffalo down our soi. All I said to Mr's H/M was I wish that your family would give us more notice if they are coming to visit. As luck would have it the lock on one of the room's held up long enough for thing's to quieten down.

H/M.

Fred.

Speaking of stalls I used to do systems checks of the units installed on Lear jets during flight tests prior to certifcation and delivery. Most of the test pilots were ex fighter pilots and the lear could perform like a fighter. Its was fun when I happened to get on the test flight when they were checking the stall warning system and stick shaker, Yep! Stalling the thing on pirpose and "T" tails don't like pulling out of stalls at all!

My wifes been sick for the past coulple of days and just talking to her is a near miss!

For old time sake I have just looked on you tube at the plane doing stop and go's that I learnt to fly in an A/M Alon A2 Aircoupe must admit that your mob got that right spot on. If you can ride a bike you can fly one of those, no flaps, tail fins, impossible to stall. Start her up and off you go it was so easy to fly that I did my first solo in under 3.5hour flying time.

Talking of near misses I had one of those last night, for the first time ever we had a farmer bring some buffalo down our soi. All I said to Mr's H/M was I wish that your family would give us more notice if they are coming to visit. As luck would have it the lock on one of the room's held up long enough for thing's to quieten down.

H/M.

Fred.

Fancy having buffalos down your soi, how quaint, but country fold have to expect that sort of thing. If you dont like buffalo outside your stables you always move to city, we dont get them here, well only on the edge of the suburbs I hear. Still if you like living in the past you have to put up with that sort of thing, mind you not what you want to meet when you have had a few bevis of an evening what!

Crikey Fred why dont you sell up, they looking for delivery boys at McDonalds.

H/M.

Fred.

Fancy having buffalos down your soi, how quaint, but country fold have to expect that sort of thing. If you dont like buffalo outside your stables you always move to city, we dont get them here, well only on the edge of the suburbs I hear. Still if you like living in the past you have to put up with that sort of thing, mind you not what you want to meet when you have had a few bevis of an evening what!

Crikey Fred why dont you sell up, they looking for delivery boys at McDonalds.

I live in a private road/tree lined AVENUE as befits us upper class only problem at the end of our soi some 1/2 km away it's farm land so we do get the odd tractor once or twice a month, not like the beast thank Buddha.

I do live in a city/town 1.5km from Makro that's near enough for me. I do hope your not intimating that I should move to a place like N/S AKA Noodle Shops.

Must admit though that I would fit in quite nicely getting a job in Mc D they I hear like young looking peep's.

But enough of this banter I see that we are going down the pan big time in the cricket as the BBC news put's it staring into the abyss.

Talking of sport H/M had to much to choose from last night what with the golf, grand prix, and last but not least the tour of France. All got rather hectic.

The postman has just arrived with yet more mail for H/M my latest copy of horse and hounds no doubt + my car insurance Mr's H/M has just signed for that I believe and is as I tap making her way up the driveway in the horse & trap, thank Buddha that we have a very large post box at the gate house, cant be doing with all this distance just to get thing's from the delivery peep's.

Have heard from the Embassy and thing's don't look to promising regarding my royalty status more on that at another time.

H/M.

Fred.

• Like 1

Speaking of stalls I used to do systems checks of the units installed on Lear jets during flight tests prior to certifcation and delivery. Most of the test pilots were ex fighter pilots and the lear could perform like a fighter. Its was fun when I happened to get on the test flight when they were checking the stall warning system and stick shaker, Yep! Stalling the thing on pirpose and "T" tails don't like pulling out of stalls at all!

My wifes been sick for the past coulple of days and just talking to her is a near miss!

Back to near misses I see that the colonists have been keeping the best sport in the world quiet from us tappers.

There I was tonight scanning through my CTH and low and behold there it was on Kix HD.

American Football not the boring stuff we all know that's all adverts & time out's but the LFL USA tonight's match was between the Baltimore Charm and the Toledo Crush. It's also played on a much smaller pitch and it's stars are all ladies with some of the best Butt's H/M has ever seen.

Me think's Wayne has been keeping this all to himself the usual drivel about corn not to mention the beast but nothing about this sport want to keep it all to your self alas to late.

Sorry to say that the cat is now out of the bag Wayne and H/M will now be watching next Monday night, if not for any other reason CTH is a must not sure if it's on True, I've no doubt that it is or some peep's we know wouldn't have it.

H/M.

Fred.

I haven't been trying to keep anything quiet. I don't get CTH and haven't seen the butts on True. If I had the near misses most likely would be direct hits!

I don't get buffalo but after harvest there are herds of cattle foraging the fields. Of course everyday there is farming equipment up and down the road. The beast still will be on vacation for at least another month.

I haven't been trying to keep anything quiet. I don't get CTH and haven't seen the butts on True. If I had the near misses most likely would be direct hits!

I don't get buffalo but after harvest there are herds of cattle foraging the fields. Of course everyday there is farming equipment up and down the road. The beast still will be on vacation for at least another month.

Just a little idea of the game if you Google Baltimore charm and look at legends football league there is a 4 minute video of same on their web site worth looking at "several time's" me think's now you can all see what we have been kept from watching.

Cricket I'm sad to say is now on the back burner. Role on next Monday.

H/M.

Fred.