Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

Ah just what you need, a big Mick! Two pieces of overcooked shoe leather separated by an extra piece of bread to try to soak up the grease. Stick with the noodles!

Ah just what you need, a big Mick! Two pieces of overcooked shoe leather separated by an extra piece of bread to try to soak up the grease. Stick with the noodles!

Ah the noodles, a secret blend of herbs and spices known only to the colonel and available only in Nakhon Sawan and district, you notice the difference when you cross the border from the land of the ancients(KPP) where keeping a computer could get you charged as witchcraft, owning a mobile phone is punishable to the tune of 10,000bts, whilst being caught watching a television could get you a free trip to Bangkok and a job as a TV presenter.

Cant wait til wednesday to get my teeth stuck into a big Mick!!!!!!!

Hope that you are able to pull them out after they're "stuck" in the Big Mick! If not, contact hullapullo he seems to know a good dentist that might be able to make you a new set!

Well we motored down the highway on saturday and into Mc's, the place heaving, cars even parked in the motorbike spaces, no spare seats and some twerp in a yellow jump suit and red hair telling lies to the kids, well we are not having that so off we went for a bowl of noodles, finest in all Thailand as Colonel Sanders sez. But before leaving we did take down a sign which said something about Riff Rarf from the next province not welcome, bit pointless really as you be on the southbound lane when people started pointing, be right past it for you knew it.

Well we try again mid week, I will wear my mortar board and cape from Hamburger University ( East Finchley ) that should baffle the bods behind the counter, got my eye on an Irish burger...........a Big Mick.

We motored down the highway by that I think it should have read we went along the 6 lane congested road. Then it turns out that you ended up with noodles anyway the best in Thailand !!! must have been the one's without liver as that doesn't seem to be available in N/S.

You shouldn't have any problem with your beast Wayne only going 16mph as you'll more than likely only get up to 10 if your lucky, and no chance of standing out in a crowd stuck in between thousand's of lorries.

I make you right about not eating turkey most peeps I know over cook it till it's dry, saying that the Turkey I've had here over the last few Christmas's have been very moist. Did have a small bit at the Oasis/Mike's restaurant last year and it was very good must admit though I did stick to lamb (with mint sauce) that bit's an English thing for the most part.

I can see Dave now over the next festive season with a massive problem whether to have a greasy Big Mc or a bowl of mixed noodle without liver of cause, then again it could be fish & chips with brown sauce. What ever you choose enjoy.

Sorry for the late reply to all the posts but yesterday H/M was looking at the grand prix our man won, then the tennis that was a very good game as well.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Yet again we motored down the Asia Highway and to much waving, cheering and chanting we pulled into Mcdonalds, had reserved seats of course and a slap up meal ( no noodles tuesday) we had so many french fries we had to take them home and give them to the dog, we were fullfacepalm.gif . Go midweek, never on a school day off.

Travellers from KPP have to show their driving licences to get served and often made to sit in the car park if seating is at a premium, there is rumour of a stable under construction for country types, which will be 20 yds away from normal clientsgiggle.gif

No metuion of the delicious Big Mick! Are your teeth still stuck in it or did you manage to remove them before too much damage? As far as the stables are concerned that 's fine with me the smell there will defintely be better than old burnt grease, although I never intend to venture that way, although I do like the fries!

Yet again we motored down the Asia Highway and to much waving, cheering and chanting we pulled into Mcdonalds, had reserved seats of course and a slap up meal ( no noodles tuesday) we had so many french fries we had to take them home and give them to the dog, we were full:facepalm: . Go midweek, never on a school day off.

Travellers from KPP have to show their driving licences to get served and often made to sit in the car park if seating is at a premium, there is rumour of a stable under construction for country types, which will be 20 yds away from normal clients:giggle:

I think your so intent of not having an accident motoring down the so called highway, waving to the adoring crowd that you yet again omitted to tell all what you consumed. H/M also noted that you didn't put in any prices or what the menu consisted of. Come on Dave what did you have and how much was this so call Big Mick.

Then again anything got to be better ??? than Noodles (without Liver) every day.

Didn't Germany do well 7/1 H/M is still in the running for the local sweepstake, I have Holland that's if they get through tonight's game, if they don't bang go's Mr's H/M holiday.

There will be a big bash at Mike's Oasis restaurant on Sunday night as he is German he's going to be showing it live in the bar only problem it's a 3am kick orf. Whether H/M will go is another matter as it will more than likely have a German commentary.

Oh nearly forgot better tell the Big Mick place to stop erecting the Stables for us upper class as No way will we be paying it a visit. I'll stick to the Noodles without liver, or the Burmese place, just wondering if they do Liver there.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Well as you ask Fred we had a spicy chicken burger,not bad but I think I will revert to the std beefburger x 2 next time although Nong did spot some McThai stuff on the menu for next time, Mc kow pahd, Mc Gan, etc, well up to her. The bread they call buns leaves a lot to be desired I must say, not just Mc's almost all burgers come with crap bread, you would never buy it to make a bacon butty with would you, attention to detail is abandoned before they got to the bun, unlike the Germans who deservedly thrashed the useless Brazilians, lets be frank here they were good when Pele played for them since then they have been overhyped and last night they got found out, the lowest point of Brazilian football so far. I put the form of the German team down to the influence of the Arsenal players in the squad. Cant see the Dutch or the Argies living with them in the final whether its the Dutch with blow me down "Robben" or "Messi" the man from Pepsi. Van Persie looks a doubt so maybe the Argies are the slight favourities but they have not been that impressive have they and how many of them play for West Ham?

PS I dont have liver or slabs of chicken blood in my noodles, thank you very much, one has to preverve some taste old chap!

Well you would have all sorts of intestine if you were married to Mrs H/M it seems that it's the only thing she eats but her favourite is Chicken feet, that I must say she does rather well, to give you an example last night's trip to the market produced half a braised Duck for H/M and two plastic bags containing assorted feet and lot's of Chicken necks our pedigree dog got the bone's not just in your case a few soggy chip's.

We don't have any form of a team I don't even think we have got any new players H/M will look later on W/M site.

Don't know why the Big Mick place cant get any decent roll's I did once have a coffee at Burger king in BKK airport and the food that was coming up seemed like the right stuff, albeit in a polly box.

I don't know if any of you lower class are interested but the Radisson Suites BKK are doing a special till the end of September Half price at 2,250bt a night in a deluxe suite including buffet Breakfast and welcoming drink's and not just fruit juice, 2 for 1 meals in their restaurant, late checkout till 2pm.

H/M get's a holiday thing from England every week on what's hot around the world and this one of many was is in BKK. Sorry to say that they don't have an onsite Big Mick place for you Dave but there is bound to be a local one, just jump on a M/C taxi and you'll be sorted.

H/M.

Fred.

"only problem it's a 3am kick orf."

Actually the final starts at 2am , not 3am for some reason. The power went off at the start of the shootout, as it does every morning, but came back on in time to see Argentina put it away.

Edited by wayned

Actually the final starts at 2am , not 3am for some reason. The power went off at the start of the shootout, as it does every morning, but came back on in time to see Argentina put it away.

Well that's Mr's H/M holiday buggered.

It's all go here at Chateau H/M yesterday while we were out we popped into the AirCon: place to book a clean of same was told it would be sometime today well at 8,30am they arrived all rearing to go. Now sitting here with peeps rushing about all over the place. I will have to post off now as I can see them turning the power off shortly.

The report on my trip to Mike's Oasis bar/restaurant last night will have to wait till later.

Well that's Mr's H/M holiday buggered.

It's all go here at Chateau H/M yesterday while we were out we popped into the AirCon: place to book a clean of same was told it would be sometime today well at 8,30am they arrived all rearing to go. Now sitting here with peeps rushing about all over the place. I will have to post off now as I can see them turning the power off shortly.

The report on my trip to Mike's Oasis bar/restaurant last night will have to wait till later.

Now back online after the workmen have gone.

So time for my report on the according to Dave land that time forgot.

As we had been talking about what food was/is available in N/S well the lack of same except for it seems Noodles (Without Liver) & now a big Mick, H/M found himself rather esurient for some western food, the upshot was that I popped along to one of the many local place's that sell only western food in K.P.P to-wit the Oasis Restaurant & Bar for a fill up I did look at their new menu first time in ages.

Took some time as it starts with the drinks menu that now consists of 17 I kid you not 17 imported beers and ale's + the usual Thai rubbish, Starting with beer Lao at the cheap end up to the more expensive 8.5% German stuff 'not tried any of that yet' sorry to say that the only English stuff at present is a 7.5% cider have been told that he's working on that.

But I digress back to the food a very large western selection is available nothing Thai at all not even rice or Noodles come to that, In the end H/M decided on a Goulash Soup (do they sell that in the Big Mick place) come's with very good home made bread but being a greedy bugger I ordered French fries Chips to the lower classes as well and have to report it was delish.

I'm sure that it wont compare with the Big Mick with a crappy bread bun thingy or the only other thing it seems available in N/S noodles without Liver.

Chatting to the owner Mike later I discovered that he sells a lot of Beer by the case to yes you've guessed it peep's from N/S bloody long way to go just to get imported beer but it seems that also isn't available in the so called Hub.

H/M is now waiting for update on anything edible non Thai wise in N/S or are you still having to have to make do with fish & Chips with brown sauce Dave.

H/M.

Fred.

Had to do a modified post as forgot to sign out and that would never do.

Edited by fredob43

Wife keeps coming back from the market with chicken feet, some of them ran orf! As well as carcasas, chicken heads and necks ( I think its the season ) dog not sure if they are good or not, liver is ok, drumsticks etc.

I like chitterlings but not sure if they are same as in the UK, swimming in vinegar, wonderful.

Forgot to tell you Fred, a chum of mine was thinking of coming out again to Thailand and I suggested he might like to have a look at KPP. He said and I quote............" been there nothing to write home about." Perhaps new glasses are in order HM?

Well I wont be staying up for the footer but I really do expect the Germans to give the Argies a good spanking, they deserve it but it will probably a close run thing and Messi ends up crying wrapped round a goalpost drinking pepsi.

Cricket is a disaster again, Capatin Cook hopeless as usual well we know where he comes from dont we Fred, an Essex lad, says it all, can the rest of the team bail him out?

Time for radio 5.

KPP, thats the place that stinks of Oil ,and N/W is the home of Floods, Traffic Lights and Congestion, both best avoided.

As usual Talking out of you ar/e AOP please go back to the car post where your childish humour and lack of English might be appreciated. Rant over.

Wife keeps coming back from the market with chicken feet, some of them ran orf! As well as carcasas, chicken heads and necks ( I think its the season ) dog not sure if they are good or not, liver is ok, drumsticks etc.

I like chitterlings but not sure if they are same as in the UK, swimming in vinegar, wonderful.

Forgot to tell you Fred, a chum of mine was thinking of coming out again to Thailand and I suggested he might like to have a look at KPP. He said and I quote............" been there nothing to write home about." Perhaps new glasses are in order HM?

Well I wont be staying up for the footer but I really do expect the Germans to give the Argies a good spanking, they deserve it but it will probably a close run thing and Messi ends up crying wrapped round a goalpost drinking pepsi.

Cricket is a disaster again, Capatin Cook hopeless as usual well we know where he comes from dont we Fred, an Essex lad, says it all, can the rest of the team bail him out?

Time for radio 5.

Sorry to all about my rant about AOP. But he put exactly the same post in I think word verbatim few month's ago just show's his lack of thought or memory come to that.

Now back to the more serious stuff now it seems that N/S has Liver if only for the dog why pray cant they get some for their soup when they advertise it in the walk ??? maybe they should go to the pet shop.

There is a post somewhere that's entitled K.P.P the town that tourist forgot 'you can Google it' and all the better it is for that, even our football team is the pit's. Just the way I like it.

Let me get this right Dave if your chum is coming over why are you advising him to come to K.P.P and not the Hub. Has he got peed of with just noodles to eat perchance???

Re the football H/M will not be looking either 2/3am a trite to early Mike will be opening his Restaurant for the match but then again he is German he also doesn't open on Mondays so he can get a ley in.

Just a thought how many place's will be open selling beer in N/S ??? a trip to the land that time forgot might be in order as we have several here some you have to pay up front as you go in I think they do it that way so they can say that you paid the day before so their not selling on the Buddha night.

H/M will be holding court in Oasis tonight with several chum's some have just returned after a short trip to Blighty. Will be interesting to hear their stories of how they got on with all the cold weather. 18c/66f in Devon today it's July so called summer for Buddha sake.

Lack of rain seems to be the norm lately I read that BKK could be in trouble if they don't get some soon. All right here as the Ping is flowing nicely with the normal very clean water.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

KPP Pongs.! Dont You have a sense of Smell, or Humour,or just a sense of superiority, just stay here on your personal page, with your Chums who all seem a fair lot , Nice Insult to the Motoring Lads, they are most impressed with your arrogance.

KPP Pongs.! Dont You have a sense of Smell, or Humour,or just a sense of superiority, just stay here on your personal page, with your Chums who all seem a fair lot , Nice Insult to the Motoring Lads, they are most impressed with your arrogance.

Everyone is more than welcome to join in any post that are on TV but repeat word for verbatim posts do tend to get a bit boring. Maybe next time you can come up with something original that we can all enjoy all of us like a bit of banter at time's.

Re insulting the peep's in the motoring section if you notice I only suggested that the plonkers lots that post there should get a life, The educated one's I praised. After reading most of your off topic post's you and maybe others can work out what group I put you in.

Edited by fredob43

The cricket was a surprise, record last wicket stand, would you believe it! I dont think they play cricket up in KPP, they still believe England open with WG GRACE and Len Hutton, followed by Jack Boycott, Dinsdale Gooch, Wayne Swann, Albert Broad, Godfry Evans-Above, Bertrand Willis, Clint Botham and Kevin Keegan. KPP is without hope, one step away from the knackers Yard ( hope of the erlwhile hunt and fake Melton Mowbray Pie Factory).

I hear England might touring Nakhon Sawan in the future, I have put in an offer for limited overs match at the Palm Garden, wife is busy with the lawnmower, the Tok end is looking rather quick by jove!

Now if I cant sleep sunday night I have a written authority ot get up and watch the crushing of the Argies! In this episode 42 Commando are played by the Arsenal and few Germans. No pies or hamburgers at half time!

Edited by nong38

The cricket was a surprise, record last wicket stand, would you believe it! I dont think they play cricket up in KPP, they still believe England open with WG GRACE and Len Hutton, followed by Jack Boycott, Dinsdale Gooch, Wayne Swann, Albert Broad, Godfry Evans-Above, Bertrand Willis, Clint Botham and Kevin Keegan. KPP is without hope, one step away from the knackers Yard ( hope of the erlwhile hunt and fake Melton Mowbray Pie Factory).

I hear England might touring Nakhon Sawan in the future, I have put in an offer for limited overs match at the Palm Garden, wife is busy with the lawnmower, the Tok end is looking rather quick by jove!

Now if I cant sleep sunday night I have a written authority ot get up and watch the crushing of the Argies! In this episode 42 Commando are played by the Arsenal and few Germans. No pies or hamburgers at half time!

No must admit we don't have cricket here the rubbish football team is about all we can stand. Don't tell me WG Grace hasn't been playing and what's happened to Len Hutten not got a red card next thing you'll be telling me is that our Freddy didn't play either. No wonder we have been rubbish.

My daughter lives not to far from M/Mowbray have had several pies from supposedly the top Pie shop and have been disappointed every time not one of them had any jelly just a void where it should have been dash pore show, have found better and cheaper in the local supermarkets.

Have had a bizzy day today have had problems with some of my electric all hopefully to be sorted Monday. H/M doesn't work on the Sabbath.

And I have also decided to take AOP up on his idea of becoming royalty I can see it now red carpet everywhere peep's doffing their hat's so far all's going to plan just waiting to hear from the embassy.

I wont even you'll be glad to hear have to change my stationary the H/M Hunt Master will automatically change to His Maj.

All sorted in one fail stroke. Might give it a miss though if I have to move into Buck palace as Mrs H/M would only get confused with all the room's there.

Real bummer last night at Mike's no it wasn't dry he was selling ales as normal, but around 7pm a slightly/very pissed copper back his car into one of the hunt members car caused quite a bit of damage glad to say all sorted in the end well he was a copper, peed or not.

Just one thought how can normal policeman own an expensive car 1.4mil bt as well as paying for German beer, beats me.

H/M.

Fred.

Fred do I take it you have riding cart horse round the motoring forum, upsetting normally very quiete people with your words of wisedom?

No what happened was that I put a post in asking about the new diesel that was available in the PTT garages at 3bt lt more expensive than the standard stuff also was it similar to the old V power that Shell sell. I got my answer in the first several replies mostly I must say from clued up peep's that knew what they were talking about, so put in a thank you post in.

Then the sh1t hit the fan with well over 50 post all mainly from plonkers ranting on about this and that, one talking about condoms!!! I'll give you one guess who put that in. My remarks of maybe they should all get a life didn't seem to go down to well, cant for the love of me understand why.

Then as you can see AOP decided to yet again put in offensive post in Central forum am I surprise by that well no. I do feel sorry for him actually as he doesn't seem to have a life other than the Motoring section on TV by putting in 8 post day 365 day's a year. A lot rude or mostly off topic.

But and it's a big but he did for the first time ever put in amongst his ranting's something that gave H/M an idea Royalty.

Now why didn't I think of that must be slipping in my old age anyway the upshot is H/M is now applying for same, don't think it should be to hard as I'm half way there already what with the H/M logo.

There will of cause be openings for a page boy, footman and the like's I'll let you know when my staff shall be holding interviews.

H/M.

Fred.

Had to do a modification I missed out the r in first. Next time put the light on H/M when it gets dark. Look's like we are getting some rain.

Edited by fredob43

I did look at their new menu first time in ages.

Took some time as it starts with the drinks menu that now consists of 17 I kid you not 17 imported beers and ale's + the usual Thai rubbish, Starting with beer Lao at the cheap end up to the more expensive 8.5% German stuff 'not tried any of that yet' sorry to say that the only English stuff at present is a 7.5% cider have been told that he's working on that.

Imported beers are easy to get hold of and have been for some time. Basically what you see in a shop, bar, liqour store or supermarket your local liqour store can get for you. The problem area is quantity. Your local guy is hardly likely to oblige if you only ask for a couple of cases of your favorite brew. You need to find a few buddies and pool your order to attract the interest of a local store where you're a regular customer.

Jerry

KPP, thats the place that stinks of Oil ,and N/W is the home of Floods, Traffic Lights and Congestion, both best avoided.

Not the part where I live in by the Mae Wong national park up in the valleys boyo.

I always thought that the terms were 'up in the hills' and 'down in the valleys' but never mind. Although using a term like 'boyo' I thought you may know this.

Away from the cities there's definitely less traffic congestion and the air is definitely cleaner when the locals aren't burning rubbish, making charcoal or burning sugar cane and rice fields.

I wiouldn't mind seeing particulate counts for the contested areas of this thread. Might be a surprise there for one or two folks.

Jerry

I live in the country definitely away from any city and about 12 kilometers from the nearest small town. There is definitely less traffic congestion unless the raod is closed because one of the overloaded "cane" trucks turned over as it was exiting the field or took down the power lines as it passed underneath. In rainy season it's sometimes a real "E" ticket ride getting to the main road due to the condition of the dirt and gravel road, yesterday mornig was fun as it rained all night on Monday.

Where I live is farm country with mostly dirt and gravel road s.As far as the air is concerned, my house is not airconditioned, by choice, although I do have air in the bedroom but haven't turned it on in years. There are scrreens on all of the windows and the windows are open 24/7. Even when there is no burning the dust from other sources is reatively high. The screens need to be cleaned at regular intervals and if you dust one day there is a layer the next. I'm sure that its's caused by the constant farming and farm vehicles travelling on the roads.

We burn our thrash and my FIL makes charcoal. We seperate recyclable items which are picked up about once a month and burn the rest as does most everybody else. There is no rubbish collection and the closest "bin" is in the town about 12 kilomters away. I've asked where the landfill is but nobody seems to know because they wouldn't use it. Some people put their trash in a big plastic bag and throw it along side of the raod in a remote location.. Suddenlty that location becomes the local dump until someone cleans it up and it moves to another place. Taking the trash to the bin in the town is not feasable as most peolple only have motorbikes and farm equipment.

Making charcoal is a way of life. They use it daily for cooking. I use it a lot. "Kingsford" charcoal briquets are mot available in the local markets.

As far as the burning of the sugar cane it's necessary to harvest it, as it cut by hand not a combine, and then the leaves are raked and burnt after the harvest to aid in germination of the new shoots.

I live here, and have for 16 years, because I love it and it has become my home. I would never live in a city again. I even have a townhouse onin Bangkok but haven't even been there in almost two years and have no plans of going soon. My Step son lives there.

Some people will always find something bad about anything but still stay where they live. Sometimes I get pi**ed about things that are happening but then pause and reflect on why I moved here!

• Like 1

I live in the country definitely away from any city and about 12 kilometers from the nearest small town. There is definitely less traffic congestion unless the raod is closed because one of the overloaded "cane" trucks turned over as it was exiting the field or took down the power lines as it passed underneath. In rainy season it's sometimes a real "E" ticket ride getting to the main road due to the condition of the dirt and gravel road, yesterday mornig was fun as it rained all night on Monday.

Where I live is farm country with mostly dirt and gravel road s.As far as the air is concerned, my house is not airconditioned, by choice, although I do have air in the bedroom but haven't turned it on in years. There are scrreens on all of the windows and the windows are open 24/7. Even when there is no burning the dust from other sources is reatively high. The screens need to be cleaned at regular intervals and if you dust one day there is a layer the next. I'm sure that its's caused by the constant farming and farm vehicles travelling on the roads.

We burn our thrash and my FIL makes charcoal. We seperate recyclable items which are picked up about once a month and burn the rest as does most everybody else. There is no rubbish collection and the closest "bin" is in the town about 12 kilomters away. I've asked where the landfill is but nobody seems to know because they wouldn't use it. Some people put their trash in a big plastic bag and throw it along side of the raod in a remote location.. Suddenlty that location becomes the local dump until someone cleans it up and it moves to another place. Taking the trash to the bin in the town is not feasable as most peolple only have motorbikes and farm equipment.

Making charcoal is a way of life. They use it daily for cooking. I use it a lot. "Kingsford" charcoal briquets are mot available in the local markets.

As far as the burning of the sugar cane it's necessary to harvest it, as it cut by hand not a combine, and then the leaves are raked and burnt after the harvest to aid in germination of the new shoots.

I live here, and have for 16 years, because I love it and it has become my home. I would never live in a city again. I even have a townhouse onin Bangkok but haven't even been there in almost two years and have no plans of going soon. My Step son lives there.

Some people will always find something bad about anything but still stay where they live. Sometimes I get pi**ed about things that are happening but then pause and reflect on why I moved here!

It's 35km to the nearest traffic lights where we live here. No traffic congestion here also and very little burning. Sugar cane is burnt between November and March, but we don't get much fallout because of the wind direction at that time of year.

A local guy takes away the rubbish for a small fee payable each month. No idea what he does with it though. Probably anything recyclable is taken out and the rest is burnt.

Whether anything is better than something else or not can't be defined by binary thinking as some do. It's a subjective definition that an individual should make for themselves without following the herd. You also need to make compromises wherever you live and here's as good (or better) a place as any to do that. Looks like you've managed to find the ideal place for your lifestyle choice.

I love Thailand and the variety of what it has to offer. However, I do get bored with village life here after a while and want to be somewhere else in Thailand. After a while at the beach or wherever I will get equally bored and move again. Sometimes (eventually) going full circle. For this reason we didn't build a farang mansion near my wifes village. We have more modest properties at different places where we like to spend time.

Thailand just doesn't have all the things I prefer in one place. Nowhere ever has and nowhere is pefect. Besides, I was born a rambling man.

Jerry

• Like 2

Not the part where I live in by the Mae Wong national park up in the valleys boyo.

I always thought that the terms were 'up in the hills' and 'down in the valleys' but never mind. Although using a term like 'boyo' I thought you may know this.

Away from the cities there's definitely less traffic congestion and the air is definitely cleaner when the locals aren't burning rubbish, making charcoal or burning sugar cane and rice fields.

I wiouldn't mind seeing particulate counts for the contested areas of this thread. Might be a surprise there for one or two folks.

Jerry

I live in a valley between a couple of hills but it is up above the flatlanders who live on the plains of KPP or NS.

The only traffic congestion we get is on market days and the annual big village fair in November or when the funeral procession or men becoming monks are out but that isn't too ofter.

The boyo came from another life long ago when I was in the RAF near Barry, Glamorganshire. The valley commandos used to come down from the hills in their best pit helmets and miners boots as black as coal with 3 pints of beer in each hand and terrify young airmen into dancing. And they were only the women, muscles like Popeye on spinach carrying a pit pony under their arm. A scary sight afte eleventeen pints of Brains SA (Skull Attack) bitter of the River Taff in Cardiff.

Memories of the good old days.