Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

I have been in BKK for a couple of days getting my pension letters confirmed at the embassy but on the way back I decided to treat myself to some international cuisine.

I bypassed the McDs on the southern side of NS and tried the one in town. Parking was OK and there were plenty of seats available.

The problem I found that the counter staff were taking the orders and even collecting the food to put on the tray for you and the only person who seemed to speak English was the duty manageress.

I actually got what I ordered which was the Brazil spicy chicken burger with fries and a coke plus Korean spicy fish balls. The chicken burger was OK but the bun was flabby and the spicy fish balls (I didn't know that fish had balls was disappointing. It took about 5 minutes between ordering and getting the meal and a couple of minutes more for the fish balls.

Will I gop there again? Probably not. I remember in BKK McDs had a 1 minute timer and if it went off before you were served you got your meal free. In NS they would need a 10 minute timer and even then they would lose out.

There was also some nice eye candy there.

Back to Immigration at NS next week to renew my retirement extension.

I have been in BKK for a couple of days getting my pension letters confirmed at the embassy but on the way back I decided to treat myself to some international cuisine.

I bypassed the McDs on the southern side of NS and tried the one in town. Parking was OK and there were plenty of seats available.

The problem I found that the counter staff were taking the orders and even collecting the food to put on the tray for you and the only person who seemed to speak English was the duty manageress.

I actually got what I ordered which was the Brazil spicy chicken burger with fries and a coke plus Korean spicy fish balls. The chicken burger was OK but the bun was flabby and the spicy fish balls (I didn't know that fish had balls was disappointing. It took about 5 minutes between ordering and getting the meal and a couple of minutes more for the fish balls.

Will I gop there again? Probably not. I remember in BKK McDs had a 1 minute timer and if it went off before you were served you got your meal free. In NS they would need a 10 minute timer and even then they would lose out.

Glad to see you got back ok Bill Question what do they the embassy charge for their letter now ?

Now let me get this right you stopped for some International Cuisine!!! in Noodle Shop, N/S come on then that was a joke what. Or did H/M miss April the 1st.

By your post you had a chicken burger with a Brazilian more info needed on that one as sound's interesting.

Tip next time go back to the fish & chip with brown sauce, that by the way hasn't had to many write up's lately has it closed down.

I might take Dave up on his suggestion of being a delivery boy if the eye candy is fair.

Then again we have some pretty good candy in K.P.P I am excluding Mrs H/M from that bit.

Safe journey back on your return trip H/M wont be there this time as don't have to report till mid September I shall be doing that by post once a year in N/S is once a year to many.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

The OTOP market still continues along the riverside causing traffic chaos, the road is blocked off with alternative routing markers, not everyone abides by this surprisingly, if you are going to Immigration be aware and avoid, probably finishes sunday, clear up monday.

Work continues on the bridge heading south, avoid it or expect delays as you move onto the central span.

Bill when you come to Immigration, the pork chop and chips (169bts) at the Pizza Stand looked good the other night, I will try it next time I go.

I will not mention the food that N/S is now famous throughout the land for, I expect buses/coaches to be coming from all corners in the near future as Thailand's Temples get some real competition. It could end up like Thailand's answer to Bury and Black Pudding!

Glad to see you got back ok Bill Question what do they the embassy charge for their letter now ?

Now let me get this right you stopped for some International Cuisine!!! in Noodle Shop, N/S come on then that was a joke what. Or did H/M miss April the 1st.

By your post you had a chicken burger with a Brazilian more info needed on that one as sound's interesting.

Tip next time go back to the fish & chip with brown sauce, that by the way hasn't had to many write up's lately has it closed down.

I might take Dave up on his suggestion of being a delivery boy if the eye candy is fair.

Then again we have some pretty good candy in K.P.P I am excluding Mrs H/M from that bit.

Safe journey back on your return trip H/M wont be there this time as don't have to report till mid September I shall be doing that by post once a year in N/S is once a year to many.

H/M.

Fred.

The embassy charge for the letter is now 2,529 baht but the embassy doesn't set the price. That is done by the FCO in UK and the embassy merely pick the exchange rate figure.

McDs IS international cuisine as you can buy it in many countries but that doesn't mean it is very good or very bad, just bland tasting.

As for the eye candy fortunately I was not attached to my BP tester or it might have gone off the top of the scale.

While I was in BKK food shopping on Monday morning I passed a bar open around 10.30 with a coupleof really cracking katoeys outside. They put most of the bar girls a long way behind in the beauty stakes. No I didn't take up the offer.

The OTOP market still continues along the riverside causing traffic chaos, the road is blocked off with alternative routing markers, not everyone abides by this surprisingly, if you are going to Immigration be aware and avoid, probably finishes sunday, clear up monday.

Work continues on the bridge heading south, avoid it or expect delays as you move onto the central span.

Bill when you come to Immigration, the pork chop and chips (169bts) at the Pizza Stand looked good the other night, I will try it next time I go.

I will not mention the food that N/S is now famous throughout the land for, I expect buses/coaches to be coming from all corners in the near future as Thailand's Temples get some real competition. It could end up like Thailand's answer to Bury and Black Pudding!

I will probably pop into the Pizza Stand for lunch and try something different this time.

H/M.

Fred.

The embassy charge for the letter is now 2,529 baht but the embassy doesn't set the price. That is done by the FCO in UK and the embassy merely pick the exchange rate figure.

McDs IS international cuisine as you can buy it in many countries but that doesn't mean it is very good or very bad, just bland tasting.

As for the eye candy fortunately I was not attached to my BP tester or it might have gone off the top of the scale.

While I was in BKK food shopping on Monday morning I passed a bar open around 10.30 with a coupleof really cracking katoeys outside. They put most of the bar girls a long way behind in the beauty stakes. No I didn't take up the offer.

£50 just for a letter seems quite a lot but needs be I suppose.

You might be right on Mc,D being International but cuisine 'Culinary art' it certainly isn't.

H/M.

Fred.

Had to edit as didn't put a capital for Fred, must have been thinking of you and those lady boy's!!!

Edited by fredob43

Seems like the US and UK use the same number 50. The only thing that makes it cheoer for us is the exchange rate, about 1600 baht last October.

Here's the McDonald's menu in the US http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/full_menu_explorer.html, I don't see any Brazilian Chicken on it and the quarter pounders are missing here! Actually the best burger they have as they don't usually overcook them.

Seems like the US and UK use the same number 50. The only thing that makes it cheoer for us is the exchange rate, about 1600 baht last October.

Here's the McDonald's menu in the US http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/full_menu_explorer.html, I don't see any Brazilian Chicken on it and the quarter pounders are missing here! Actually the best burger they have as they don't usually overcook them.

I have had a quick workout on what it must cost to get a yearly visa couple of days in BKK, Embassy, fuel +++ not far orf £250 EEEEEEEEK.

With such a large menu it must take several hours to make up your mind on what to order it go's on forever. I didn't see any fish ball's either.

I cant remember what was on their menu in England when I last went in a B/Mc but it didn't seem that big.

And yes H/M has been in one in the last year but only for a coffee must admit it was good value at around 80p that compares with Star Butts £2,50.

H/M awaits with some trepidation the next delish delight that Bill comes up with on his trip to N/S over the coming days. Noodles "without liver" now there's a suggestion.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

When I go each year I don't futz around in Bangkok. I make an appointment at the Embassy for 0730. I leave the house at 0430 and take the tollway to Sukhumvit and park in the Foodland parking lot on Soi 5.and have breakfast. Walk across Sukhumvit and get a taxi to the Embassy. When finished taxi back to Foodland and stock up on what I can't get anywhere for another year. I'm usually out of Bangkok by 1000 and miss all of the traffic both ways.. I have a townhouse in Bang Bua Thong but haven't been there in 2 years - tells you how much I like the place. Cost for everything about $125 + groceries unless my wife goes and then all bets are off

When I go each year I don't futz around in Bangkok. I make an appointment at the Embassy for 0730. I leave the house at 0430 and take the tollway to Sukhumvit and park in the Foodland parking lot on Soi 5.and have breakfast. Walk across Sukhumvit and get a taxi to the Embassy. When finished taxi back to Foodland and stock up on what I can't get anywhere for another year. I'm usually out of Bangkok by 1000 and miss all of the traffic both ways.. I have a townhouse in Bang Bua Thong but haven't been there in 2 years - tells you how much I like the place. Cost for everything about $125 + groceries unless my wife goes and then all bets are off

That's all right for you country folk that seem to be up at 4am anyway, but for us gentry not forgetting it's a longer trip by over an hour a stop over would be required, if only to visit the local Restaurants###

Point of order how can Bill find all the lady boys if he didn't spend at least one night there.

I don't have to do the yearly Embassy bit but it would be interesting to know Bill do the Brit Embassy issue the note the same day, and do you have to get it translated ??? On the odd occasion I have been there well once to get some papers signed I had to go back the next day to pick it up.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

I have had a quick workout on what it must cost to get a yearly visa couple of days in BKK, Embassy, fuel +++ not far orf £250 EEEEEEEEK.

With such a large menu it must take several hours to make up your mind on what to order it go's on forever. I didn't see any fish ball's either.

I cant remember what was on their menu in England when I last went in a B/Mc but it didn't seem that big.

And yes H/M has been in one in the last year but only for a coffee must admit it was good value at around 80p that compares with Star Butts £2,50.

H/M awaits with some trepidation the next delish delight that Bill comes up with on his trip to N/S over the coming days. Noodles "without liver" now there's a suggestion.

H/M.

Fred.

After Immigration, in at 10.00 and out at 10.40 that was easy but there are 2 new forms to sign (see my post today on Thai visas) I went to the big market at the top of Sawanvithee looking for swedes, turnips and beetroot and found none. I went looking for my bakery supply shop but couldn't find that either, then over to Makro which was still where I left it last year then back to BigC for bulk shopping and lunch in KFC. I can eat it and it works for me then back home.

That's all right for you country folk that seem to be up at 4am anyway, but for us gentry not forgetting it's a longer trip by over an hour a stop over would be required, if only to visit the local Restaurants###

Point of order how can Bill find all the lady boys if he didn't spend at least one night there.

I don't have to do the yearly Embassy bit but it would be interesting to know Bill do the Brit Embassy issue the note the same day, and do you have to get it translated ??? On the odd occasion I have been there well once to get some papers signed I had to go back the next day to pick it up.

H/M.

Fred.

I went down on Sunday and stayed 2 nights. I left home about 10.30 on Sunday and got in about 1630 as I wasn't in a hurry. I stay in a cheap hotel out at Sukhumvit 64 for 900 baht including breakfast. There is good parking, free wifi and it is only 150 metres from the BTS station at Punnawithi. I parked the pickup on Sunday and never used it till Tuesday to go home.

Monday morning at the embassy handing the stuff in plus 2,529 baht and collect in the afternoon. Do some food and spices shopping for stuff I can't get up here and came back home on Tuesday.

The reason for 2 nights was that if I missed the collection on Monday afternoon I still had Tuesday morning to collect it. (Embassy note attached). No need for a translation as it is in English and Immigration accept it that way.

Not a lot of people know this Fred but I lived in BKK and worked upcountry in 1993, 1994 to 1997 and 2001 to 2004 so I do know my way around plus the "girls" were working out of a small bar between Sukhumvit sois 5 and 7 and it was about 10.30 on Monday morning.

post-5614-0-04394000-1406288981_thumb.jp

H/M.

Fred.

I went down on Sunday and stayed 2 nights. I left home about 10.30 on Sunday and got in about 1630 as I wasn't in a hurry. I stay in a cheap hotel out at Sukhumvit 64 for 900 baht including breakfast. There is good parking, free wifi and it is only 150 metres from the BTS station at Punnawithi. I parked the pickup on Sunday and never used it till Tuesday to go home.

Monday morning at the embassy handing the stuff in plus 2,529 baht and collect in the afternoon. Do some food and spices shopping for stuff I can't get up here and came back home on Tuesday.

The reason for 2 nights was that if I missed the collection on Monday afternoon I still had Tuesday morning to collect it. (Embassy note attached). No need for a translation as it is in English and Immigration accept it that way.

Not a lot of people know this Fred but I lived in BKK and worked upcountry in 1993, 1994 to 1997 and 2001 to 2004 so I do know my way around plus the "girls" were working out of a small bar between Sukhumvit sois 5 and 7 and it was about 10.30 on Monday morning.

attachicon.gifembassy pickup letter.jpg

Thanks for the info Bill always nice to keep abreast of how thing go re our rubbish Embassy.

Right what's all this Worked a word not befitting us Upper class dash pore show if you ask me.

I did try to overlook the fact that you dined!!! in a Bic Mc in N/S put that down to seeing how the lower class lives.

Regards the lady men we all have our little foibles so up to you on that one.

H/M.

Fred.

H/M has had a few crazy days, Monday the electric man should have turned up but alas due to Bundle's of rain and for the first time since I have lived here the power going off at 5am and not back till just before 10am had to put him orf.

Needless to say he was here today to put right what his man had buggered in the first place. I did say before that I had a problem with my electric, prior to that a post about Thai workmen doing the job they were paid to do only to mess up something else.

Well it's happened again. The man that came and put on H/M new motor for the gate, that went on the blink all down to his man cutting through one of my wires a little bit of rain and it was no more.

He had tried to tell me it was my wire that H/M had put in in the first place nothing to do with the fact that he had buggered it.

Well today H/M got at it cut off offending wire and after checking it was as right an nine pence let him see it would now turn on and not blow the fuse.

He still wouldn't have it and said the I would not be able to rewire without him helping. You'll like this bit only Thai's can do electric. I told him not to touch anything and maybe he should call back later in the day to see if I had a problem I also offered him 5,000bt if I couldn't do it.

Shore as egg's are egg's back he come just in time for the switching on. Did it work first time of cause, after checking all my work he had to admit that maybe some Farang are able to put right what a Thai had buggered in the first place.

Nice to see you putting in a few post Jerry thought we had lost you.

Have to agree with your post that you can get booze in most places, where Mike scores is that he's cheaper than any other place by about 20% 40% if you are in BKK and also he will do you a mixed box at a reduced rate.

H/M.

Fred.

Not lost and apparently not forgotten. Been travelling around and resolving a problem or three. Seems you've been doing a little of the same. Don't you just love dealing with tradesmen.

Actually I find the 'not me' or 'nothing that I did' syndrome an international misgiving with these folks. The benefit of Thai tradesmen is that they actually help you with problems that occur much later and the service is free of charge. All you need do if you have a new problem is look where the last guy was working and you'll find the cause of it. Then you get it fixed and the cycle continues.

The price of the beers is directly proportional to the number of middle men between the importer and your point of purchase, If your man doesn't have many of those, then there's no surprise that you can get a good deal. Especially if he's not making seperate charges for service and tax.

If you organised delivery yourself you could definitely undercut him though. However unless you drink like a fish or are cash poor, the question has to be; is it worth the effort? I buy mine when I'm in Hua Hin and load the truck before I come North. I'll make a note of your post though. Just in case I ever run short and have no plans to travel. Can your man get Paulaner Dunkel (the blue labelled bottle)?

Jerry

Sorry for the late reply I didn't manage to get to Mike's last week.

Have been tonight though and yes he does sell Paulander beer white and dark 5.5% I think

He retails it at 170bt a large bottle if you buy 6 or more he knocks off 10bt a go but will reduce it a lot more by the case depending on how many you want.

I don't know what you pay or even if this compares but at least now you know.

H/H.

Fred.

have a dozen or so books to anyone who would like to stop by and pick them up........intersection of 11 and 3004.....between phai sali and tha tako....seems my tourist visas no longer collectible items in the kingdom and have thus been re-assigned to the colonies

H/M has had a few crazy days, Monday the electric man should have turned up but alas due to Bundle's of rain and for the first time since I have lived here the power going off at 5am and not back till just before 10am had to put him orf.

Needless to say he was here today to put right what his man had buggered in the first place. I did say before that I had a problem with my electric, prior to that a post about Thai workmen doing the job they were paid to do only to mess up something else.

Well it's happened again. The man that came and put on H/M new motor for the gate, that went on the blink all down to his man cutting through one of my wires a little bit of rain and it was no more.

He had tried to tell me it was my wire that H/M had put in in the first place nothing to do with the fact that he had buggered it.

Well today H/M got at it cut off offending wire and after checking it was as right an nine pence let him see it would now turn on and not blow the fuse.

He still wouldn't have it and said the I would not be able to rewire without him helping. You'll like this bit only Thai's can do electric. I told him not to touch anything and maybe he should call back later in the day to see if I had a problem I also offered him 5,000bt if I couldn't do it.

Shore as egg's are egg's back he come just in time for the switching on. Did it work first time of cause, after checking all my work he had to admit that maybe some Farang are able to put right what a Thai had buggered in the first place.

Have to agree with your post that you can get booze in most places, where Mike scores is that he's cheaper than any other place by about 20% 40% if you are in BKK and also he will do you a mixed box at a reduced rate.

H/M.

Fred.

Not lost and apparently not forgotten. Been travelling around and resolving a problem or three. Seems you've been doing a little of the same. Don't you just love dealing with tradesmen.

Actually I find the 'not me' or 'nothing that I did' syndrome an international misgiving with these folks. The benefit of Thai tradesmen is that they actually help you with problems that occur much later and the service is free of charge. All you need do if you have a new problem is look where the last guy was working and you'll find the cause of it. Then you get it fixed and the cycle continues.

The price of the beers is directly proportional to the number of middle men between the importer and your point of purchase, If your man doesn't have many of those, then there's no surprise that you can get a good deal. Especially if he's not making seperate charges for service and tax.

If you organised delivery yourself you could definitely undercut him though. However unless you drink like a fish or are cash poor, the question has to be; is it worth the effort? I buy mine when I'm in Hua Hin and load the truck before I come North. I'll make a note of your post though. Just in case I ever run short and have no plans to travel. Can your man get Paulaner Dunkel (the blue labelled bottle)?

Jerry

Have been tonight though and yes he does sell Paulander beer white and dark 5.5% I think

He retails it at 170bt a large bottle if you buy 6 or more he knocks off 10bt a go but will reduce it a lot more by the case depending on how many you want.

H/H.

Fred.

No reason for apologies. I'm hardly a prolific or prompt poster myself. I appreciate your taking time out to get the information.

I did try to find a website, but only found a couple of links. One did give an address and a phone number for some-one called Oss. Anyway I found the place using Google Earth and now have GPS co-ordinates. As far as pricing goes, your guys restaurant price is far better than that of a small bottle of Hoegarden in Phitsonulok and I prefer dark beers. So the dark beer is all I would be interested in.

It looks like I would need to pay him a visit in order to discuss price and availability if I was in the need to avoid Bangkok's malls. Big C were retailing it for about 135 THB last time I looked and I get mine cheaper than that. I don't know his source cost or his business model, but I wouldn't be surprised or insulted if he rejected any bid that I would make.

Thanks again for your help.

Jerry

H/M.

Fred.

Jerry

H/H.

Fred.

No reason for apologies. I'm hardly a prolific or prompt poster myself. I appreciate your taking time out to get the information.

I did try to find a website, but only found a couple of links. One did give an address and a phone number for some-one called Oss. Anyway I found the place using Google Earth and now have GPS co-ordinates. As far as pricing goes, your guys restaurant price is far better than that of a small bottle of Hoegarden in Phitsonulok and I prefer dark beers. So the dark beer is all I would be interested in.

It looks like I would need to pay him a visit in order to discuss price and availability if I was in the need to avoid Bangkok's malls. Big C were retailing it for about 135 THB last time I looked and I get mine cheaper than that. I don't know his source cost or his business model, but I wouldn't be surprised or insulted if he rejected any bid that I would make.

Jerry

I don't look at German beer in super markets in BKK as it's a bit pricy but a friend of mine pointed out that a large bottle of German Erdinger beer (spelling) was selling at 185bt in Tops in Chang Mai he retail's it for 160bt.

I think you have got the wrong peeps regarding the Oasis restaurant as his name is Mike and his Thai wife is Anne so who Oss is Buddha only knows.

If you look up Global store in K.P.P it's on the 1 road. The Oasis is some 1 km down the Soi on the left just as you get to it. To save you a trip I can always let you have his phone no: Via a PM and you can discus what he will do business at also if he has what you want in stock he doesn't stock to many of the lesser selling beers so might have to get some in.

H/M.

Fred.

Jerry

I don't look at German beer in super markets in BKK as it's a bit pricy but a friend of mine pointed out that a large bottle of German Erdinger beer (spelling) was selling at 185bt in Tops in Chang Mai he retail's it for 160bt.

I think you have got the wrong peeps regarding the Oasis restaurant as his name is Mike and his Thai wife is Anne so who Oss is Buddha only knows.

If you look up Global store in K.P.P it's on the 1 road. The Oasis is some 1 km down the Soi on the left just as you get to it. To save you a trip I can always let you have his phone no: Via a PM and you can discus what he will do business at also if he has what you want in stock he doesn't stock to many of the lesser selling beers so might have to get some in.

H/M.

Fred.

Quoting prices from Tops isn't a reasonable comparison to show anything other than high profit margins. I do shop there for convenience though and paid the princely sum of 1,900 THB a kilo for Salmon Trout Fillet on Tuesday afternoon. I never looked at the liquor section, as mostly there are more choices and better prices elsewhere.

Erdinger beers are generally more expensive than Paulaner brews, but not by much. Only a few Baht if compared like for like.

Here’s the Oasis contact information I got from the web:

Co-ordinates: - N 16-21-12.55 E 99-28-26.15

Address; - Amphoe Muang, Kamphaeng Phet, Kamphaeng Phet, Thailand 62000

Telephone:- 0818947160

e-mail:- [email protected]

I guess Oss was the guy who provided the link. Not the owner. Most of the above came from the Oasis Restaurant Facebook account.

I don’t need to replenish beer stocks yet awhile, but I may call in on my next visit to Tak and check out the menu (food and beers). It’s only about 50km south of there and there’s an alternative route back home from Kamphaeng Phet. I’ll let you know if we do.

Jerry

Edited by Jerry Cornelius

Jerry

H/M.

Fred.

Quoting prices from Tops isn't a reasonable comparison to show anything other than high profit margins. I do shop there for convenience though and paid the princely sum of 1,900 THB a kilo for Salmon Trout Fillet on Tuesday afternoon. I never looked at the liquor section, as mostly there are more choices and better prices elsewhere.

Erdinger beers are generally more expensive than Paulaner brews, but not by much. Only a few Baht if compared like for like.

Heres the Oasis contact information I got from the web:

I guess Oss was the guy who provided the link. Not the owner. Most of the above came from the Oasis Restaurant Facebook account.

I dont need to replenish beer stocks yet awhile, but I may call in on my next visit to Tak and check out the menu (food and beers). Its only about 50km south of there and theres an alternative route back home from Kamphaeng Phet. Ill let you know if we do.

Jerry

I make you right about Topps, we just happened to be in there as it was near our hotel I also wanted some chocolate biscuits Waitrose ones.

1.900bt kl for salmon trout all be it delish that's a bit pricy. Then again if you want it you have to pay for it.

Sorry to say I don't do co-ordinates never had to look up any.

The phone No: is not Mikes but it could be his wife's I will ask tomorrow when I pop in.

I will also get the proper address just in case.

I've no doubt you will find the place if you go to Tak after you have gone through well bypassed K.P.P on the 1 it come's up about two KM on the left next to Global.

If ever your going passed put a post in and I'll let you have my Phone No: maybe we can meet up at Mike's for a beer or two, that's depending on time as I don't drink during the day I could always have a coffee I suppose.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Jerry

H/M.

Fred.

Heres the Oasis contact information I got from the web:

I dont need to replenish beer stocks yet awhile, but I may call in on my next visit to Tak and check out the menu (food and beers). Its only about 50km south of there and theres an alternative route back home from Kamphaeng Phet. Ill let you know if we do.

Jerry

I make you right about Topps, we just happened to be in there as it was near our hotel I also wanted some chocolate biscuits Waitrose ones.

1.900bt kl for salmon trout all be it delish that's a bit pricy. Then again if you want it you have to pay for it.

Sorry to say I don't do co-ordinates never had to look up any.

The phone No: is not Mikes but it could be his wife's I will ask tomorrow when I pop in.

I will also get the proper address just in case.

I've no doubt you will find the place if you go to Tak after you have gone through well bypassed K.P.P on the 1 it come's up about two KM on the left next to Global.

If ever your going passed put a post in and I'll let you have my Phone No: maybe we can meet up at Mike's for a beer or two, that's depending on time as I don't drink during the day I could always have a coffee I suppose.

H/M.

Fred.

We take the salmon trout more often than not. It makes a nice change from the local fare.

To get to the restaurant we would be coming south from Tak. Calling in at the Tak Beef Co-op and Muser market on the way and would probably return by the reverse of the route you're thinking of.

I'll definitely let you know when/if we make the trip. We won't be too late as it's a 150 km drive back.so it'll probably be coffees all round. I don't drink much during the day either. I spill most of it

Jerry

Coming from Tak Global comes up on your right, perchance there's a gap in the central reservation right opposite the road you need to go down If you miss it you will have to go to the Traffic lights a couple of KM and do a U turn. Hope to see you for Coffees.

I don't know of the Tak Beef market some info on that, where and what do they sell yes I know it's Beef what sort of cuts size etc would be a help.

Thanks in advance.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

The work continues on the Bridge over the CP on the southbound carriageway, give it a miss, seems all the buses and lorries are heading out west and join the by-pass on the Krok Phra road, work does not seem to going at break neck speed so expect this to be going on for some time.

The footbridge over the main Asia Highway ( Bangkok-Tak Road ) is now open and peoples from far and wide are coming to have their pictures taken on it.

I think it to be known as the "Stairway to Heaven" ( where "Heaven" is the Big C centre, or alternatively, if I am about, "Stairway to the Stars" ( me being one of the "Stars" or should I say "Superstar"). It is free so all are welcome.

We popped into McDonalds yesterday, sold out of Noodle burgers so I opted for a couple of hamburgers and the mrs had some chicken legs which were described as wings, still makes a change and small queues, dont go at the weekend full of "wannabees".

Tokland ( where I live), often referred to as the Burbery Hills , or is that the Beverly Hills of Nakhon Sawan anyway a rather swish suburb of the Heavenly City, frequented by stars, superstars and noodle worshipers and talking od noodles its time indeed to get our fix.

Dont know if anyone picked this up on Thai tv3 yesterday morning but they are going to start broadcasting English Premier League games free this season, dont know which ones guess you will just have to tune in to the channel at the kick off time and see whats there, might be a few minutes delay and they will get in cheaper.

Toodle Pip and greeting to one and all, especially the Salmon Trout and biscuit fraternity north of the border.

Dont know if anyone picked this up on Thai tv3 yesterday morning but they are going to start broadcasting English Premier League games free this season, dont know which ones guess you will just have to tune in to the channel at the kick off time and see whats there, might be a few minutes delay and they will get in cheaper.

They did that last season and I think it is same deal this year, 20+ games on ch3. Last time full list of these matches was available before season started.

They did that last season and I think it is same deal this year, 20+ games on ch3. Last time full list of these matches was available before season started.

Was not aware of that, please keep us updated on whats on and when, thanks.

Was not aware of that, please keep us updated on whats on and when, thanks.

I think you'll find that the commentary is in Thai with woops and arrs not forgetting Cups being everyother word.

There is also a cheapish via a Sat dish about 9,000bt (an update on price in a few day's as H/M will be paying for his one) a year alternative CTH. Where ALL the sport programs will be in both English as well as Cups. Not forgetting many other programs available without Cups. Even has the English Sky news, the other day Tony Blackburn was on I bet you peed orf that you missed him.

H.M can see it now a new sign being mounted so all can see, Hollywood or even Hollysmog or some such thing with Dave's house being pointed out by a big red arrow, there I've no doubt you can get copies/maps of the so called stars house + where you can find the best noodle's in the world 'without liver' allegedly, cant wait to get my free copy. Just the thing for toilet reading.

N/B make the most of H/M exciting posts as we shall be orf at the end of the week for a short break. Don't panic I shan't be spending to much as it's Mrs H/M birthday last thing I want is for her to get above her station.

Now there's a thought pick up some noodles for her from N/S on the way through.

Would be helpful if anyone can point out places to get them on the by-pass, as there's no way I'm going via the so called town.

Point of order the salmon trout Man Mr Jerry come's from N/S.

I have heard that he has a yearly pass/visa to visit K.P.P well the outskirts anyway so don't any of you so called Stars get any big ideas on just popping in at will.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

You can get CTH stadium channels for GMM box too, 999b/month

http://www.gmmz.tv/package.php

Looks a trite pricy as the full system for CTH is 1,069bt if paid by the month.

As stated does include 5 film cannels as well as many others in English.

I do believe that GMM & CTH have now combined so could be lots more on both set up's coming soon???

H/M.

Fred.

Coming from Tak Global comes up on your right, perchance there's a gap in the central reservation right opposite the road you need to go down If you miss it you will have to go to the Traffic lights a couple of KM and do a U turn. Hope to see you for Coffees.

I don't know of the Tak Beef market some info on that, where and what do they sell yes I know it's Beef what sort of cuts size etc would be a help.

Thanks in advance.

H/M.

Fred.

The place is called 'Tak Beef co-op' and yes they sell beef. You can get most popular cuts if you know the Thai names. I remember there being a butchers diagram with pictorial views of the various cuts, so if you know your beef you can just point at the diagram.

The beef is fresh or frozen. It's better to phone an order through if you want fresh as they don't have it every day and what isn't sold on the day gets frozen Last time I got; chuck rib eye and filet mignon. I rest the beef for between 10 and 20 days before cooking or freezing. One woman spoke some English but she usually wasn't the person who answered the phone.

I have two telephone numbers: 0822278976 and 055511934.

You'll find the place easily enough. Just drive to Tak and turn right on Hwy 12 (going to Sukhothai). I'm not sure about the distance but the place is on the right just after the point where the road widens. You'll see a large concrete Hereford at the entrance. If you get as far as the main gate to the infantry barracks (on the left), you've gone too far.

There used to be a restaurant on the road out to Lampang which sold their beef, but that closed down more than a year ago. It wasn't very good anyway, so no great loss. That was the last time we visited the co-op.

Jerry

Any news on when the bridge will be open again coming out of Nakhon Sawan. Everytime I go past no one ever looks to be working on it. I avoid going weekends now as the traffic is so bad.

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by bim

have a dozen or so books to anyone who would like to stop by and pick them up........intersection of 11 and 3004.....between phai sali and tha tako....seems my tourist visas no longer collectible items in the kingdom and have thus been re-assigned to the colonies

Thats my neck of the woods. When do you have to return?

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app