Chiang Mai Documentary Arts Festival

Greenside

The Chiang Mai Documentary Arts Festival runs this weekend at venues around the city. The organisers have put together a great line up of exhibitions, screenings and workshops in what must be the most ambitious photographic event the city has seen, including National Geographic images and work from internationally respected photographers.

i-zz59bNf-X3.jpg

i-3ZXBS44-X3.jpg

The events and shows run from the 24th - 26th February and you can see and download the full programme here. Entrance to all the exhibitions and screenings is free so if you're interested in seeing a terrific collection of work focussing on life in Asia, don't make any plans for this weekend!

• Like 2

There is a free walking tour starting at El Diablo's near Thapae Gate tonight at 6:00pm. It will be led by one of the photographers behind the Documentary Arts Asia programme and visit four of the exhibition venues so you'll get the chance to get a guided sneak peek. I was going to say that El Diablo's is next door to Mikes Burgers but they expanded significantly of late so it's probably the more noticeable of the pair now and if the food is still up to their old standard, a good place for an early dinner. Here's my map for their location.

I just got back from the Ami Vitale exhibition at the Lanna Architecture Centre (near Wawee Coffee on Ratchamanden Road) and I'm completely knocked out.pixel.gif Stunningly good pictures! If you do nothing else this weekend I urge you to go and see it.