Car Window Tint

spacebass

Try "Boy Sound and Air" on the east side of the Sukhumwit Road and about 500 metres from the Rayong turn off. Quality work here...window film application perfect.

:o thanks artisan but starting at Lotus sukhumvit and heading towards bangkok I take it is on the right hand side how far along approx. any idea how much approx, I have been quoted 4000 bht by alittle old man in a backstreet garage.

Space

Try "Boy Sound and Air" on the east side of the Sukhumwit Road and about 500 metres from the Rayong turn off. Quality work here...window film application perfect.

:o thanks artisan but starting at Lotus sukhumvit and heading towards bangkok I take it is on the right hand side how far along approx. any idea how much approx, I have been quoted 4000 bht by alittle old man in a backstreet garage.

Space

Yes, it is on the RHS heading to Bangkok. Pass the Misubishi Dealer on the right and the large Toyota Dealer on the left. Before the underpass that turns right to the Rayong road, take the U-Turn and head back towards Pattaya. Boy Sound &Air is then on the left side. Mr. Boy has a popular business. There is a large sign on the top of the premises advertising "Meridium" and "Swiss" window tinting. I paid 7,500 baht for a Mitsubishi G-Wagon (large windows!) but my wife paid 4,500 baht for a small Honda City.

Just be careful about a "backstreet garage" as applying the window film is a skillful job.......have a look at the botched tinting jobs around....air bubbles, peeling, folds, creases. Good luck Spacebass, I don't think that you will be disappointed.

Space

Yes, it is on the RHS heading to Bangkok. Pass the Misubishi Dealer on the right and the large Toyota Dealer on the left. Before the underpass that turns right to the Rayong road, take the U-Turn and head back towards Pattaya. Boy Sound &Air is then on the left side. Mr. Boy has a popular business. There is a large sign on the top of the premises advertising "Meridium" and "Swiss" window tinting. I paid 7,500 baht for a Mitsubishi G-Wagon (large windows!) but my wife paid 4,500 baht for a small Honda City.

Just be careful about a "backstreet garage" as applying the window film is a skillful job.......have a look at the botched tinting jobs around....air bubbles, peeling, folds, creases. Good luck Spacebass, I don't think that you will be disappointed.

Thanks Artisan great info,

Spacey

there is a great little place on Threpasit road. Coming from Lotus travelling towards Thrappaya road pass 10th street about 100 m further on the right hand side. Advertise in Thai only, if you see a pregnant Thai woman, the owner, you found it. had my car done two weeks ago and the service was great.

there is a great little place on Threpasit road. Coming from Lotus travelling towards Thrappaya road pass 10th street about 100 m further on the right hand side. Advertise in Thai only, if you see a pregnant Thai woman, the owner, you found it. had my car done two weeks ago and the service was great.

Thanks for info how much did your car cost?

Cheers

On the subject of window tints, what is the current law on the maximum density? 40%, 60% ?

About four years ago, legislation was passed to reduce the limit for minimum light transmission to 40%. This was never enforced so I guess that "it's up to you". Imagine the furore that would arise if the occupants of these blacked-out Mercedes Benz limos were made visible, especially if they turned out to be government, police or military big wigs leaving a Rachada massage parlour. :o

Edited by Artisan

About four years ago, legislation was passed to reduce the limit for minimum light transmission to 40%. This was never enforced so I guess that "it's up to you". Imagine the furore that would arise if the occupants of these blacked-out Mercedes Benz limos were made visible, especially if they turned out to be government, police or military big wigs leaving a Rachada massage parlour.  :o

I remember that on again off again situation. When they first announced it it was later 'postponed' due to complaints of not enough material to do it and not sufficient time. That was the last I heard. I have 60% for about 8 years now and never been stopped for it. Even the the times I get stopped for random checks they never said anything so guess you are right "up to you". :D

• 2 years later...
Go for the max blockage. Thailand is dam hot.

Quality of work is acceptable in most place. price depends on the quality of the film used.

I have seen black looking tints and chrome looking ones, which would is best and would look good on a black car?

I once installed 70% Film on a car. It was a nightmare to drive at night, you could not see what was happening around and behind you. All you could see very small fuzzy lights in the mirrors (if any).

It lasted 1 day, the next day I opted for a 30 or 40 % one.

As nice as the very dark films might look, they are a potential security risk driving at night.

Edited by moo9

I once installed 70% Film on a car. It was a nightmare to drive at night, you could not see what was happening around and behind you. All you could see very small fuzzy lights in the mirrors (if any).

It lasted 1 day, the next day I opted for a 30 or 40 % one.

As nice as the very dark films might look, they are a potential security risk driving at night.

Lighter timts or frits on the front passenger doors, darker tints on the rear windows.

Makes the wife feel like a mafia moll :o

I've been meaning to get my windows re-tinted for months, the existing tints have warped in the heat causing a ripple like effect on the windows and back windscreen. It's like driving under the influence of LSD, which is not cool. It is cool however if you are a regular drug user and you would like to save money.

I've been meaning to get my windows re-tinted for months, the existing tints have warped in the heat causing a ripple like effect on the windows and back windscreen. It's like driving under the influence of LSD, which is not cool. It is cool however if you are a regular drug user and you would like to save money.

Maybe a mix of the two the windows would look normal?

I will post how it goes for mine once I have it done.

over-tinting your widows is dangerous...it limits the amount of light getting through and thus the detail of vision. By night this can prove highly dangerous.

often you think you can see quite well, but you are unaware of the extent of detail you have lost.

Edited by kedawi

Will give Boy Air Sound a try and see how I go, black car with black interior and no tint doesnt work well here

Baz, I know Boy. His people do very good work. Alarms, Audio, Air/con, and window tinting. I just ordered a new 2008 Toyota Vios, and tint for free. O yold them 60% all the way around. my last car I had 60% on the sides and back and 40% on the windshield and I had wished I had put 60% on the windshield also. Anything darker than 60% I think would impair nightvision.

Barry

Will give Boy Air Sound a try and see how I go, black car with black interior and no tint doesnt work well here

Baz, I know Boy. His people do very good work. Alarms, Audio, Air/con, and window tinting. I just ordered a new 2008 Toyota Vios, and tint for free. O yold them 60% all the way around. my last car I had 60% on the sides and back and 40% on the windshield and I had wished I had put 60% on the windshield also. Anything darker than 60% I think would impair nightvision.

Barry

Ended up about 100m back towards Pattaya from them at a shop called Charoenkit Autoair, nice staff, they have lamina and Hikool films, chose lamina 60% with the effect finish for 4,500baht, will see how its goes.

Barry

Ended up about 100m back towards Pattaya from them at a shop called Charoenkit Autoair, nice staff, they have lamina and Hikool films, chose lamina 60% with the effect finish for 4,500baht, will see how its goes.

Isn't the windshield at 60% a little dark at night?

Barry

Barry

Barry

that will be 40% black

Barry

Barry

that will be 40% black

That's what I changed it too on the car I ordered. 60% on the sides and 40% on the windshield. Car should be here next week.

Barry

Barry

Barry

that will be 40% black

That's what I changed it too on the car I ordered. 60% on the sides and 40% on the windshield. Car should be here next week.

Barry

Just got it back and it looks good, 40% is ok for the windscreen, the effect film looks good, with the oring leak fixed too in the AC its now real cool!