Pao: Remarkable New Chinese Specialty Restaurant On Pattaya Klang

Jingthing

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't really intend to totally diss the Vietnamese place. Actually, I have enjoyed some of their (Thai tasting) food. I can't really get past the meat in their Naem Nueng though, but that's not the only thing on their menu. Yes I like the duck place on 3rd also.

BTW, much further up 3rd towards Pattaya North road is Pattaya's Koreatown. Excellent Korean restaurants, you almost can't go wrong at any of them!

Edited by Jingthing

I just cant get it out of my head that he is recommending The Boat.

I can't get it out of my head that The Boat closes at 830pm nightly. Even when I do eventually find the time to visit for dinner and If I love something on the menu, their opening hours will make it difficult to include this place in my weekly dining routine.

I miss Pao. It'll be upgraded to bi-weekly visitation. 1 week till re-opening!

I just cant get it out of my head that he is recommending The Boat.

I can't get it out of my head that The Boat closes at 830pm nightly. Even when I do eventually find the time to visit for dinner and If I love something on the menu, their opening hours will make it difficult to include this place in my weekly dining routine.

I miss Pao. It'll be upgraded to bi-weekly visitation. 1 week till re-opening!

Noticed tonight that Boat is closed for renovation! Uh oh ... price rises coming.angry.png

Yes, withdrawal from Pao is painful.

I too just ate there and loved it. His ramen noodles are crazy good. The slow cooked ribs are my favorite so far. The pan fried beef pies are also super tasty.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I too just ate there and loved it. His ramen noodles are crazy good. The slow cooked ribs are my favorite so far. The pan fried beef pies are also super tasty.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Good Chinese food comes to Pattaya. shock1.gif Who would've imagined it? Edited by Jingthing

Just another update on the wonderful Chinese restaurant: PAO.

They are eager for your visit during evenings (open til late) except Monday and will be open through 12 April. Then a 10 date SONGKRAN closure, and then back to serving their distinctive freshly made Chinese food.

BTW, about the RIBS dishes. Another poster mentioned the ribs were too fatty. Indeed, they were. Well, the chefs have responded and now are using a different cut of ribs and plenty of meat on the bone to enjoy. No longer too fatty. A specialty there appears to be pork ribs slow braised in dark vinegar and Chinese herbs (with rice). Lovely stuff. I think I recall it is only 120 baht including rice. No it is not a big platter of food, more like a large tapas serving; leave room to sample other menu items. Reminds me a bit of Filipino adobo because of the pork in vinegar thing.

Of course, the freshly made noodles (who else in town does that?!?)/dumplings are always the star.

No, they do not have every Chinese dish you can think of, but what they do have is quite good and also they offer a number of dishes you will find nowhere else in town.

It is so very rare to find a local restaurant so deserving of the support of the local food appreciating community as PAO. The place is the opposite of a tourist trap. Yes, read between the lines. There are tables waiting for you ...

Edited by Jingthing

Pao will open on 9/4 (Mon), 10/4,11/4 and12/4.

The 'Frugal Freddy' dining group will be making an appearance at Pao this Tuesday April 12 @ 6pm. There is the choice of 3 'mains' with a choice of 'starter' included. The mains are: (1)Ramen with Spicy Beef @B130, (2)Beef Curry @B180,(3)Pork Ribs @B180. There is an additional 20% discount on the prices above and beverages are also 20% off this time only.

Well I see the Frugal Freddy guy has not clarified the date. Hopefully, he will later. I guess he probably means tomorrow, TUESDAY, which is April 10, not April 12, but who knows?

My bad. Tomorrow Tues April 10 is FF @Pao

• Like 1

This young couple is talented and going places I predict.

Competes with the restaurants I hit in Chinatown, SF.

Wonton soup: Best I ever had really. I savored every bite, it was that good.

Fried beef buns: Unique, juicy, delicious and fun to eat.

Ribs: Intense and succulent. Great flavors and perfectly cooked w/ rice.

Under 300Bt.

The complimentary green tea served cold hit the spot.

• Like 1

intheclub.gif

Going places? crying.gif I hope they stay where they are! Well, in the Pattaya area anyway ...

We're lucky. Appreciate it.

Edited by Jingthing

Wonton soup: Best I ever had really. I savored every bite, it was that good.

Fried beef buns: Unique, juicy, delicious and fun to eat.

Ribs: Intense and succulent. Great flavors and perfectly cooked w/ rice.

Under 300Bt.

The complimentary green tea served cold hit the spot.

Glad you enjoyed! Next to try should be: Ramen with Spicy Beef and Hot & Sour Soup with Wontons.

Frugal Freddy was a bit of non-event, only 9 showed. The new, less fatty version of the rib dish was indeed better than before. The Beef Wontons, Pickled Cucumber and Pork Potstickers starters were nothing special. Somebody brought a Macaw Parrot and the Parrot enjoyed the Pork Rib main.