Where To Spearfish?

dollarman

Where can I spearfish without a boat around Pattaya? A beach within 10 km of pattaya would be nice. Also, I would prefer an area without jet skies;) I am mainly interested in cuttlefish and sweetlips.

oh, and there is no need for discussion about legality since it is legal everywhere except in national parks/national marina.

Thanks.

Here's a serious answer. I frequently go diving around here and I'd much prefer that no one went around killing the bigger fish on the reef. I'm sure most divers would feel the same.

yes, I am sure you dont eat fish ourself wink.png Fish is food, deal with it.

I am not going to spearfish with scuba equipment, so your big fish are pretty safe :P

Edited by dollarman

Skin diving with a spear Gun or just a spear from above water?

Hope you eat what you catch.jap.gif

It is not possible to spear from above the water, it would be very unsafe, since spearguns are only supposed to be used in water. And you cannot aim or see fish from above the water.

It would be nice with only serious answers. Reading these replies I assume the posters are around 14-16 yo, wish they had a age limit on this site..

You asked and I gave you a true answer.No it is not possible to do hear. You can keep searching until the fish come home and you will not find any fish bigger then the spear-head you have. Not without a boat and several hundred meters from shore.

Why do you have to get so rude about what I think were some pretty funny answers. Sometimes a little humor lightens thing up here.

Great sport please give your fish of choice a spear gun as well please to spear you as well. This sort of like when you are 12 years old and you get a BB gun for Christmas and go out in your family yard and kill a bird with your new BB gun. I'm really not trying to turn this into a rant....I just don't understand this stuff. I am new to thaivisa and I guess I better just learn the rules before I jump in. Thanks..............nirun

Spearos are generally kinder to the enviroment than indiscriminate line fishermen.

I won't SCUBA dive with spearos ( esp.Japanese as they seem to get too excited!) More here: http://www.pattayadivingandfishing.com/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/532999-spearfishing-in-pattaya-where-to-go/page__fromsearch__1

Better not to rant if you don't understand.

Try around the headland at Samae San pier near the village of the same name south of Pattaya about 20 Ks , or probably better catch the ferry to the island ( also same name)

This is the area you want to look at for sure. Its a shlept down there , plan on spending the nite in that village . The waters clear right offshore. There are some very heavy tidal currents in that area .