Motorcycle Parking At Villa Market/Homepro Village (Chalong)

F1fanatic

Does anyone know what is going on with motorbike parking at HomePro Village?

I hadn't been there for a couple of weeks (whereas normally I go a couple of times a week), but when I went on Friday I came very close to just driving on out of the bloody place.

A while ago they stopped motorbikes parking in their normal area and moved them to a '15 minutes only' zone near Villa Market - but now they have stopped that (for no discernible reason) and moved them somewhere near the back, necessitating a walk through the complex.

To be fair, it wasn't quite as bad as I originally thought (albeit annoying) - but does Villa Market realise the custom they may lose?

I spent over 3,000 baht in Villa Market (about normal for me), but will only go in future when desperate for something.

I have noticed that there are always a few motorbikes taking up at least 3 car parking bays nearest to the side entrance to HomePro. This is a new thing this past month, always foreigners, and all badly parked with one bike hogging an entire parking bay. Just very rude.

Perhaps they should go back to the old system? Motorbikes (then) took over one 'aisle', but were closely packed together.

I ALWAYS park with the cars. I have a larger motorcycle with side cases and am not about to park in those cramped motorcycle designated areas. I figure I'm a customer and have as much right to the carpark as anyone else. When a guard complains and tries to direct me to motorcycle parking, I just look at him and smile and say, Mai ow, motrosai yaii, kop kuhn krup." and walk away. Places I frequent, nobody says anything anymore. I never park in the motorcycle area and never will. It's a recipe for scratches and other aggravations.

I can only hope they are intending a better spot for motorbikes - although I doubt it...

As far as I can see there was no reason for changing the original way it worked. i.e. motorbikes took up one 'aisle' near Villa Market.

Personally, I've decided to ignore the signs and just park wherever I like. Its not as though all the car parking bays are packed!

I can only hope they are intending a better spot for motorbikes - although I doubt it...

As far as I can see there was no reason for changing the original way it worked. i.e. motorbikes took up one 'aisle' near Villa Market.

Personally, I've decided to ignore the signs and just park wherever I like. Its not as though all the car parking bays are packed!

Since the original spots are all roped off, at least they were this morning, that is not possible at the moment.

i own both are personally i feel that bikes should of the right to park closer since they are not wasting as much space/creating as much traffic and pollution when going close to their house.

Like at tesco, most people are from 1km to 5km around, no need for a car, yet all the cars parking next to the curb make no sense, unless they are getting something big from homepro which they arent.

i own both are personally i feel that bikes should of the right to park closer since they are not wasting as much space/creating as much traffic and pollution when going close to their house.

Like at tesco, most people are from 1km to 5km around, no need for a car, yet all the cars parking next to the curb make no sense, unless they are getting something big from homepro which they arent.

If they are getting something big from Homepro they can use the carpark in the back.

As a disabled customer who has trouble walking far, nothing shits me more than finding a bike in the car spots close to the shops.

I understand your point and agree, but this is not the case in HomePro Village, Chalong.

Yes 'bikes used to have a good spot, close to Villa Market, but cars had equally good spots - that were pretty empty.

As a disabled customer who has trouble walking far, nothing shits me more than finding a bike in the car spots close to the shops.

I understand your point and agree, but this is not the case in HomePro Village, Chalong.

Yes 'bikes used to have a good spot, close to Villa Market, but cars had equally good spots - that were pretty empty.

Yes, I'm probably thinking more about Tesco the other side of the circle.

Now everyone is parking their bikes at the bottom of the entrance steps so you have to squeeze between bike's with red hot exhaust pipe's to even get into the place.

Just plain lazy inconsiderate knobs can't even walk a few extra meters.

I assume you mean the narrow steps leading down to the 'old' motorbike parking area?

That's a new one and something that makes no sense. Why on earth would anyone do that when it is far easier to park in a car parking space?

I was there 2 days ago and saw no such thing.

Why would Villa Market encourage motorcycles? You can't carry all those luxury goodies on a motorcycle, for heavens' sake! At least not at the rate I buy them, unless rounded up first and eased through the checkout before I get out of control.

After number 1 son told me that you can recognise Russians because they wear socks and sandals, I can't help myself. Any large falang on a motorbike I'm passing, I just HAVE to glance down giggle.gif

After number 1 son told me that you can recognise Russians because they wear socks and sandals, I can't help myself. Any large falang on a motorbike I'm passing, I just HAVE to glance down giggle.gif

There are many farang who are guilty of that practice. The give away for Russian spotting is usually their strange haircuts, and woollen swimwear.........

Edited by pagallim

Now everyone is parking their bikes at the bottom of the entrance steps so you have to squeeze between bike's with red hot exhaust pipe's to even get into the place.

Just plain lazy inconsiderate knobs can't even walk a few extra meters.

I assume you mean the narrow steps leading down to the 'old' motorbike parking area?

That's a new one and something that makes no sense. Why on earth would anyone do that when it is far easier to park in a car parking space?

I was there 2 days ago and saw no such thing.

Well I was there today and I saw such a thing.

They have fenced the main stairs off in front of Villa Market to do repairs or something and they are parking in front of the main stairs leading to Home Pro..Go take a look if you don't believe me and you can also take a look at the burn on my leg if you want to

better to do like the russians, drop your car or bike wherever you feel like it and pretend to not understand the parking attendants, walk in, be rude to the staff and other customers, and live happily ever after

No need to complain on Thai Visa

LOL yes now that sounds about right, just do and say whatever you want, the Russkie rule

For a good gleen of motos not wanting to particiate in the system have a look at Rawai Lotus. If you were to go renengade at as big C, Central or even Macro NOT ALLOWED.. The cark park security is the problem. Do a little looking into the HomePro office info. When they first opened the mendicant Motos used to cover the side of the road... One call and that stopped. Just what would happen if a full sized truck or Fortuner took up 15 stalls in the moto park...

For a good gleen of motos not wanting to particiate in the system have a look at Rawai Lotus. If you were to go renengade at as big C, Central or even Macro NOT ALLOWED.. The cark park security is the problem. Do a little looking into the HomePro office info. When they first opened the mendicant Motos used to cover the side of the road... One call and that stopped. Just what would happen if a full sized truck or Fortuner took up 15 stalls in the moto park...

Why on earth would a car park in the 'bike area?! They enjoy the best and closest areas!

Admittedly the 'bikes used to take up on car parking aisle, but it was double-parked it was so popular. The rest of the allocated car space (just as close to the entrances/exits) had plenty of room available.

How does one look into the HomePro office info? I started using Villa Market soon after it opened and the motorbikes were always parked in the one aisle.

Edit - I do realise that this is hardly the most important issue on Earth - but the gradual creep of stupid rules for no discernible reason always annoys me...

Edited by F1fanatic

I spent over 3,000 baht in Villa Market (about normal for me),

F1fanatic. I'm a bit curious what kind of bike you have. I mean 3000Baht worth of groceries, where do you stuff all this on a bike? blink.png

Obviously you don't shop in Villa Market, I can spend 2,000 baht and it ,goes in one bag. Can fit in any bike.s front basket.

Once spent 3000 THB at Villa Market when no. 1 son had a mad idea about gourmet sandwiches. Three large plastic bags. How on earth do you manage to spend 2000 & fit it on the bike LIK?

Must say, I spent a lot of time lobbying for a salaeng, since I'm no longer allowed to ride motorcycles. He must have lobbied all his friends - they looked blank & said there weren't any for rent.

Oooh I'm scratching at the thought of woollen swimwear. Those Russians mess with your mind. For a bit of a giggle, ask a Thai to say 'Russian'.

I spent over 3,000 baht in Villa Market (about normal for me),

F1fanatic. I'm a bit curious what kind of bike you have. I mean 3000Baht worth of groceries, where do you stuff all this on a bike? blink.png

Obviously you don't shop in Villa Market, I can spend 2,000 baht and it ,goes in one bag. Can fit in any bike.s front basket.

No, I'm used to Tesco and the like. smile.png