Black Magic In Thailand

kunash

my wife's mother has been ill now for several months now. she has been to the doctors many times, and has medicine each month, but the doctors cannot find anything wrong with her.

she has pains in her stomach, finds it hard to breath, cannot sleep, and has no energy.

A few years ago, her brother's wife apparantly put a magic spell on the mum, which made her very ill. there was a dispute over some land. it was resolved, and the spell lifted. then she was fine.

i do believe that the mum is not well. but, personally, i do not believe in black magic and spells.

my wife believes in it though.

the ''shamans'' or whatever they are called, who cast the spells, live in certain areas

how real is magic?

maybe the woman who put the spell on my wife's mum, managed to poison her food. i have no idea.

if magic is real, what can the mum do, how can she get it reversed? my mum knows who the lady is that cast the spell but not sure who asked for it to be put on her or why.

what would be the best way forward?

and no, i have not been asked for any money, nor will i give any.

edit. forgot to add this in, but seeing from the replies i have got, i will.

no silly replies please.

Many people in thailand believe in magic. just because you dont, and i dont believe either, it doesnt help with your stupid replies. The mum is ill. she believes it is magic. so what can be done? and no, i am not going to pay the lady any money who put the spell on her. (because as Mr Dursley said. ''There is no such thing as magic'')

Edited by kunash

Your Mum is "nuts" this is the only problem she has, convince her of this and all will be well.

Edit, your wife is "nuts" too.................... maybe your nuts too for marrying her?

Edited by travelmann
  • Like 1

"she has pains in her stomach, finds it hard to breath, cannot sleep, and has no energy."

Is she married to a farang?

Is she from issan?

I have heard of these symptoms before, usually know as "mia farang".

You couldnt make this shit up, un effin believable.

OK, I'll try to be more practical than some above.

There are two distinct possibilities (more if you include hypercondria or even just play acting - but I'm assuming not): 1-There is a physical problem, 2-there is a psychosomatic problem.

As to Physical:

The first could be illness (doctors misdiagnose and miss things all the time - maybe a full medical at a hospital rather than a clinic may help).

Could be poison also.

As to psychosomatic:

Perhaps her belief in a curse is causing her to manifest those symptoms. This is actually well documented (from phantom pregnancies to African witch doctor curses actually causing victims to die or become very sick through pure fear and belief).

If you can afford it, I would start with taking her to a hospital for the check up (with paid for tests if insurance doesn't cover). At the same time I would take her to a bigger temple (wat) to see the abbot to do a mini-ceremony. This will hopefully get rid of her fears and any psychosomatic issues.

There are two distinct possibilities (more if you include hypercondria or even just play acting - but I'm assuming not): 1-There is a physical problem, 2-there is a psychosomatic problem.

As to Physical:

The first could be illness (doctors misdiagnose and miss things all the time - maybe a full medical at a hospital rather than a clinic may help).

Could be poison also.

As to psychosomatic:

Perhaps her belief in a curse is causing her to manifest those symptoms. This is actually well documented (from phantom pregnancies to African witch doctor curses actually causing victims to die or become very sick through pure fear and belief).

If you can afford it, I would start with taking her to a hospital for the check up (with paid for tests if insurance doesn't cover). At the same time I would take her to a bigger temple (wat) to see the abbot to do a mini-ceremony. This will hopefully get rid of her fears and any psychosomatic issues.

thank you, that was the sort of intelligent reply i was looking for.

As to Physical:

Could be poison also.

As to psychosomatic:

Take her to a local temple.

Sorry I dont know the Thai lingo for it, but basically.

The MIL lies on her back, she has white sheets put over the top of her, some mumbo jumbo is recited, she is then re-born, all her sins are cast aside, total less than 500 baht.

You may mock the poster, but we in the west have magic ,its called placebo, they give people just like this lady tablets with harmless powder or sugar in them , it has the desired affect that the person thinks themselves better. also Stress can make the body think it has an ailment.

• Like 1

As to Physical:

Could be poison also.

As to psychosomatic:

The MIL lies on her back, she has white sheets put over the top of her, some mumbo jumbo is recited, she is then re-born, all her sins are cast aside, total less than 500 baht.

Yes. The temple should get it sorted out. Not expensive unless it is Khmer black magic. Then it will probably require a bit more.

As to Physical:

Could be poison also.

As to psychosomatic:

Yes. The temple should get it sorted out. Not expensive unless it is Khmer black magic. Then it will probably require a bit more.

Wonder if there are discounts or promotions on any specific black magics?

Sorcery has been around for centuries and it is widely believed in asian culture that any omen befallen to them are either from ancestors, environment or curse. In your case, they claim it's a curse hence, just bring her to a white sorcerer to lift the curse.

As to Physical:

Could be poison also.

As to psychosomatic:

....Pointing the Bone is an ancient curse used by aboriginies of Australia but still practiced today - like many Thais - aboriginies are spiritualists and firmly believe in the powerful forces of spirits, curses and spells. The vengeful person takes a kangaroo bone, carves a point at one end, and drills a hole through the other. He then passes a single strand of the victims hair through the hole and ties it in place. Often this is undertaken in a public display of hatred, where the bone is pointed at the victim, who almost immediately falls down and becomes sick. Within a few days, they are always dead. First hand accounts of this ritual are plentiful.. To westerners - it is Baloney..

I'm living in Thailand and play Spellforce 1, which has some cool Black Magic spells, (especially Necromancy & Death, don't bother with Curse)

so there's no denying BM exist in Thailand & elsewhere.

Perhaps you could give your MIL that game ?,

she will be so into it so she forget about other BM

As to Physical:

Could be poison also.

As to psychosomatic:

and if it is khmer black magic what will need to be done? please

As to Physical:

Could be poison also.

As to psychosomatic:

....Pointing the Bone is an ancient curse used by aboriginies of Australia but still practiced today - like many Thais - aboriginies are spiritualists and firmly believe in the powerful forces of spirits, curses and spells. The vengeful person takes a kangaroo bone, carves a point at one end, and drills a hole through the other. He then passes a single strand of the victims hair through the hole and ties it in place. Often this is undertaken in a public display of hatred, where the bone is pointed at the victim, who almost immediately falls down and becomes sick. Within a few days, they are always dead. First hand accounts of this ritual are plentiful.. To westerners - it is Baloney..

All completely true.................ok well the last word is anyway

As to Physical:

Could be poison also.

As to psychosomatic:

All completely true.................ok well the last word is anyway

agreed.

but the wife thinks it is real, so it falls on deaf ears when i say this to her.

i just need solutions to help the mum.

suggestions so far, are to get a different medical opinion, and send the mum to a higher monk, or try and find someone to put a counter spell on the mum.

how real is magic?

It isn't

if magic is real

It isn't

what would be the best way forward?

Stop babbling on about magic

Or alternative go to the local wat, give the monks tell them to go to the mother and wife to erase the black magic. For 5.000 Baht they can erase any magic. Add another 5K for some counter magic.

5.000 for some corrupt monks might be better than the whining from the superstitious family