Chalong Pier Parking Fees

petercallen

I have never been asked to pay a parking fee. Parked there often.

For years and years already there are parking fees there, with big signs announcing it, including the prices (20 Baht short term, 40 Baht full day). People parking there get an official receipt.

There are 2 ladies taking care of this.

Edited by stevenl

Years and Years? I have never been charged. That being said, I have not parked there for about a year now.

Well, years and years may be a bit overdone.

By heart about 5 years ago exploitation of the pier changed hands because it was a big money drain, there was an offical bid, etc. Since then parking has been charged.

If you're not paying either you're very lucky or avoiding the ladies walking around there.

Just checked this morning, all people working there, including the parking ladies, staff making sure people going on the pier are paying, etc., are employed by the OrBorTor. The whole operation, including the parking fees, is 100% legit.

Edited by stevenl

Yes I have always paid only time nearly got away with it was during PIST fishing competition when I arrived before 7am but the lady caught me on the 3rd day and I had to fork out 120 thb.

Yes I got a receipt for it all.

I am not sure if the OP is talking about bikes but this is certainly for a 4 wheeled vehicle.

Would not leave my car parked there for 5 minutes due to the scum that lurks around there.

Vandlism on cars and broken into.

Never had a problem in 6 years (Touch Wood) and I leave my pick up there all day at least 4-5 times a month. I have also never heard of anybody elses car being broken into either.

I think that you are just scaremongering and more than likely do not even have a car. IMHO

Parked my car and truck there all day many times. Stevenl is right, been charging for cars for several years. Ladies are very nice. Always in uniform and I'm given a reciept. If I just had to pop in and out they would actually not charge me. Also parked my CBR400RR and Ninja650R there all day. Never a problem.

Those that say they never have been charged, are you perhaps taking about motorbikes? Parking those is still free.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Parked my car and truck there all day many times. Stevenl is right, been charging for cars for several years. Ladies are very nice. Always in uniform and I'm given a reciept. If I just had to pop in and out they would actually not charge me. Also parked my CBR400RR and Ninja650R there all day. Never a problem.

Those that say they never have been charged, are you perhaps taking about motorbikes? Parking those is still free.

Yep whenever I park there to go island hopping I always have a parking fee when I get back with a reciept.

Also parked my CBR400RR and Ninja650R there all day. Never a problem.

Is it really necessary to give the numbers, the make, the model and the cc's when the word "bikes" would suffice?

biggrin.png

Be glad he did not mention the year and the adjustments made.

I regularly park my standard Honda Wave 110 cc 2012 there very often as well, foc.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out this new answer in PG (online, so probably also in next printed issue) from Phuket Province OrBorJor

“We have had both Thais and foreigners (approximately five people) bring us a copy of this Issue and Answer, claiming that they do not want to pay the parking fee at Chalong Pier.

However, this fee was set in place by the Phuket Provincial Administration Organization (OrBorJor) when the pier opened. A receipt will be issued for those who pay the parking fee. The fee is 40 baht for long-term parking and 20 baht for temporary parking (there is no fee for motorbikes). The fees will be used to help maintain the pier. If there are further questions please call 076-210807 or 081-2732608.”