Toyota Overfills Oil While In Service

bikerjoy

It sure sounds complicated getting a vehicle serviced in CM. I just wonder how the hell my friends have been able to do it for the past 20+years, they must really have it together or ......

I don't think it's only CM...and if your friends did not have problems,I want to know how they did it ??

It sure sounds complicated getting a vehicle serviced in CM. I just wonder how the hell my friends have been able to do it for the past 20+years, they must really have it together or ......

I don't think it's only CM...and if your friends did not have problems,I want to know how they did it ??

First, the problem is not really common. The OP asked if others had encountered the problem and how many said they did, one or two?

Second, the solution, according to one of my friends is very simple, check the oil carefully at the dealer before paying and if it is not correct, do not pay for the service until it is. All purchases and services should be checked before paying.

It is not really complicated.

The sad part is that a good many people don't even know what is under their bonnet, let alone how much oil should be in the engine. I have friends here that never open the bonnet for any reason and just leave it to the dealer to do regular services without question. I used to try and educate them but I've given up as they don't want to get their hands dirty or even try and understand the basics. Ignorance is bliss to them I suppose.

• 4 months later...
First of all; KENKATE nails it when he writes: "My advise would be to reduce it to the correct level. Too much oil puts exess presure on the crankshaft oil seals and they could fail."

Care to elaborate on this? We are talking about 1 liter extra oil.

No real need to elaborate really, but I will for your benefit. I litre of extra oil is way too much, and will cause excessive pressure in the crankcase, which can result in blown crankshaft seals, to say nothing of other internal seals, and valve stem seals.

it takes more power to turn the crankshaft, so your engine appears to "lose" some power. This may, in extreme cases, damage certain seals and gaskets.

Far worse, however, is that the surplus oil will be blown into the air intake manifold, from there it gets into the cylinders (together with the air), where it is burnt - damaging or destroying the catalytic converter, which is really expensive! Ideally, the oil level in your engine should be somewhere between the "min" and "max" marks on the oil stick for everyday use.

I am also not expert about it, just what to share what I saw, read and a little bit know and have experience about it.

Normally Vigo 3000 cc. need oil 6.9 liters (included the filter change) and 6.6 liters (not included filter change, oil in filter approx. 0.3-0.4 liter), some people do it self oil changing , mostly until Max mark or a bit lower(1-2mm.).

FINALLY AFTER CONTACTING THE TOYO MASTERS IN JAPAN I GOT A REPLY FROM TOYO THAILAND..

THEY WILL SERVICE THE VIGO CAR AGAIN, BUT FREE!

And of course you will make sure you take it back to the same dealer that you complained about. They will have some "special" treatments in store for your vehicle for this face losing free service and any subsequent works they do on the vehicle in the future.

• Like 1

My advise would be to reduce it to the correct level. Too much oil puts exess presure on the crankshaft oil seals and they could fail.

Rubbish, if the engine is that worn (to much blow by/leak down) it's ready for a rebuild anyway. smile.png

it's not rubbish but a quite correct statement. if the level is too high in the oil sump the crankshaft churns the oil too much, causing air bubbles which reduces the oils lubrication capability.

moreover, a scheduled oil change during a service has nothing to do with a worn out engine.

• Like 1