Visa For My Brother From The Uk

My brother will shortly be taking a career break, and is looking to come to Thailand and stay with me, I live in Thailand and I am married to a Thai National.

He is looking to stay for up to a year, so I want to try and establish which visa is best, and if indeed he can do that.

I looked on the Hull website and Cat 0 - visiting non Thai family working/living in Thailand seems suitable, would he qualify under that, if I was to provide a) Our Birth Certificates and a letter from me and relevant stamp from my passport showing I am here. (i.e. the requirements highlighted on the additional docs required information).

Any advice you can give, would be greatly received.

I have emailed Hull and chased, but after 3 days nothing !.

Thanks

Davidcool.png

Edited by David73

Provided you supply the paperwork supporting the application as you have said and a copy of your marriage certificate and porperty details he may get lucky.

Other than that a triple entry tourist visa would provide 9 months with 60 days per entry and each entry extended by 30 days at immigration.

(3 x 90= 9 months)

3 Visiting non Thai family working/living in Thailand

Evidence required:

a Birth/Marriage Certificate to show relationship

b Letter from relative confirming they are in Thailand together with a copy of page

in their passport showing valid entry visa or a copy of their valid work permit..

Please note that either a single or multiple entry visa can be granted in these circumstances.

That is what the website says so I do not see why not.

Thanks again for the replies, I have also just had a message back from Hull confirming that providing all information is submitted they do not see a problem with the visa application for my brother.

Someone suggested on Thai Visa that for the purpose of an O Visa to visit non thai family working or living in Thailand, it did not apply to siblings, just Parents, Spouse & Children. My response from Hull suggests it does in fact cover Brothers/Sisters, so they can be added to the list.

Hope this helps anyone in future, as it give better length of stay and less hassle than a Tourist Visa.

Thanks.

Edited by David73

It is for an extension of stay (from an immigration office in Thailand) that siblings do not qualify. For a visa (from a Thai consulate) the rules published on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs say "to visit family", which allows the issue of a non-O visa to visit a sibling.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com