Cherry'S Time Limit?

PolPat

I went to Cherry's with several friends and was presented with the check less then an hour after arriving (none of us requested it.). After paying we continued to chat and were then asked to leave. The reason stated, the table was needed for another party. The front dining area was not in use and many empty tables with reserved signs. I checked my watch and the request was issued one hour from the(reserved) time of arrival. I know several buffets in Pattaya state a time restriction on dining. I believe 90 minutes, however, I have not seen this at Cherry's. Don't get me wrong the food quality at Cherry's is excellent, but the servers are bordering on retarded. To me dining with friends is not about stuffing my face at a high rate of speed, it is a chance for conversation with friends. I told the rude waiter we were not finished and went up for more food. We lingered for a few more minutes then left on our terms. Really a shame as i stated before the food quality is good for Pattaya.

That's a shame. Cherry's obviously wishes to maximize their space. So if they bring you your bill unrequested, simply pay it when you're ready and tip if you wish (I wouldn't). If you pay your bill on delivery, then they know you're not ordering anymore drinks, rendering you obsolete. I think you did the right thing to keep on chowing down. Did anyone else seem to receive this eviction notice?

post-149387-0-57217000-1330798452_thumb.

I don't know what we could have done to bring this on. I have left generous tips in the past. I left only a small amount this time as I was not happy with being presented with an unrequested bill. I agree I should have let the bill sit until I was ready to leave. No one else seemed to get this treatment as far as i know.

Thanks, don't get out from under my rock much. Just read some other reviews and all positive. I have worked at some places that had slow diners moved to the bar area for complimentary after dinner drink or desert but never in Patts. Those would have been fully booked restaurants with months in waiting. Cherries must really be the tits!

http://cherrys-restaurant-pattaya.com/images/home/home_js.php?l=default

Real chef as well.

• Like 1

Eat slowly to exercise your rights. In the end, he's probably just following orders. No good can come from paying the bill until you're ready to leave. Your value goes down if you confirm you won't be ordering more drinks.

Reading the OP, it seems to me there didn't need to be any response to the check being brought early. Just leave the check on the table and hang out as long as you like. Then pay before leaving. I don't see any evidence there would have been any issue with the server if it had been handled that way. Based on the story, the issue became staying long AFTER actually paying, not after being presented the check.

The time I spent monopolizing the table was exactly one hour from the time of my reservation and when I was asked to leave. Other patrons that arrived before me were still seated and not harassed. This was for a buffet not a set meal. Up to me when I am finished not the wait staff.

The time I spent monopolizing the table was exactly one hour from the time of my reservation and when I was asked to leave. Other patrons that arrived before me were still seated and not harassed. This was for a buffet not a set meal. Up to me when I am finished not the wait staff.

I agree. However, I don't think it is unusual at all for waiters in Thailand to present the bill when they think you aren't going to order anything more. It's not the best service but I think paying right away triggered an issue. Getting a bill doesn't mean you need to pay right away.

I have also been given the check and asked to give up our table of 8. We were told people were waiting. We arrived at 6 and had only been there for an hour on a Saturday. I was sad because I am a regular...and helped them with their website. My fellow diners and I have not gone back. Thais are not customer oriented. Sad but true.<br /><br />Posted with Thaivisa App <a href='http://apps.thaivisa.com' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://apps.thaivisa.com</a>

Edited by IAMSOBAD

Do they have one of those pay extra if you leave too much food on your plate policies? I have never seen those actually enforced anywhere but I hate the idea. Suppose you take a portion of a dish and its disgusting. So you're still supposed to eat it ...

Glad to hear this was not an attack on my party and others have been given the same treatment. I had some thought that it could have to do with the skin color of a member of my party. I am glad that was not the case.

Edited by PolPat

Maybe try eating slower. See if they still have the nerve to bring the check while you are still clearly actively eating the food.

BTW, I'm not totally unsympathetic to restaurants trying to turn tables IF there really are people waiting. It's a rough business.

Edited by Jingthing

I have emailed them asking if they have a time limit policy... I will post the reply here.

Hot Pot at Central does, Sizzler's does not.

Most of the places that do have a time limit (typically 1.5 hrs) inform you when you sit down and they also hand you a receipt showing the time you sat down so you have something to go by. Also, I find that they give you a 15m warning when the 1.5 hr mark is approaching. Also, they let you stay after 1.5hrs but start charging you extra based on time.

Just asking diners to get up and leave is plain rude and would certainly stop me from trying this spot.

I have no issues with an all you can eat restaurants limiting the time spent for the included price as long as it's made clear to the customer. If you know ahead of time then you can plan accordingly (ie chose not to go there or eat within the period specified). What I would not like is to be asked to leave if I hit some sort of unspoken time limit. To me this is just plain rude.

• Like 1

I have emailed them asking if they have a time limit policy... I will post the reply here.

Hot Pot at Central does, Sizzler's does not.

Most of the places that do have a time limit (typically 1.5 hrs) inform you when you sit down and they also hand you a receipt showing the time you sat down so you have something to go by. Also, I find that they give you a 15m warning when the 1.5 hr mark is approaching. Also, they let you stay after 1.5hrs but start charging you extra based on time.

Just asking diners to get up and leave is plain rude and would certainly stop me from trying this spot.

Me too. What I noticed at Cherry's last night was that the add on room and the front room were both unused but available. They didn't need our table, they saw the tip in the folder being low (although they don't know if we would have left the tip afterwards on the table) and that we weren't drinking more than bottled water so they booted us. End of.

been to cherries load of times over many years

even when they were a few doors down where wii's is now

never had a problem, sat for over four hours at xmas

brought my own parsnips, cauli cheese and other veg and a bottle of champoo

they could not have been more accommodating to make our xmas special

six of us went the other sunday without incident

it was quiet with lots of tables free

its hard to imagine they have become so busy lately that you have to be booted off the table to make way for others......

• Like 1