Chonburi Province & Pattaya City Targets 10 Million Tourists In Three Years

Rimmer

Chonburi Province & Pattaya City Targets 10 Million Tourists In Three Years

PATTAYA:--Pattaya, Chonburi province is gearing up to increase the number of tourists to 10 million visitors, bringing in 100,000 million THB revenue in three years.

Mr. Vittaya Khunpleum, the Lord Mayor of Chonburi Provincial Administration said, that since establishment of the international five star propereties: Centara and Hilton hotel and with more luxury hotels expected to open. with 3,000-4,000 hotel rooms to support the growing demand of tourists visiting Chonburi province.

Pattaya City has set a target of 10 million visitors within the next 3 years. This will bring in 100,000 million THB in revenue and make Pattaya the number two destination in the Kingdom ahead of Phuket.

Pattaya City has used the budget to build a car park for the popular Cape Laem Balihai area and to improve the traffic flow. The work is expected to finish in September this year.

The marketing strategy, for Chonburi province will include four major annual events: The New Year Count Down, the Song Kran, the Loy Krathong festivals, PTT International Pattaya Tennis Tournament and Pattaya Music Festival.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2012/03/04/chonburi-province-pattaya-city-targets-10-million-tourists-in-three-years/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PattayaDailyNews+%28Pattaya+Daily+News+-+Pattaya+news+Powerful+news+at+your+fingertips%29

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2012-03-04

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Is that an average of 10k baht per person or is my math wrong...

My maths tell me that it is an average of 10 ( TEN ) baht per visitor.

And I guess they are not far wrong with the estimate taking in account that most of those chinese tours are prepaid in their home country.