2012 Recommended Tradesmen & Services. Travel, Teachers ,Baby Sitters, Pet Care Etc...

Electrician - Chris (English) 0878150524

Electrician – Bob (UK) 0805195600

Pest Control – Eco friendly www.ecopestsamui.com – Alistair 085-7912496

Snake Man – Phil - 089 663 5085

TV & Stereo Setting-up - Rin – Chawang 086 522 7802 (call after 11 am!)

Window cleaning – Billy (UK) – Squeaky Clean Co. – 0870137650

• 2 weeks later...

Want to give a shout out to Patrick at Baan Computing in Ban Tai, KPN. Took my UK laptop there as it seemed to have expired whilst on holiday last week, and his healing hands coaxed it back to life within minutes.

He said that the heat and humidity might have been a factor, or leaving it plugged in to KPN mains electric might have done it no good, but any which way, it came back to life after three dead days and I was able to do the things I needed for my UK business without shortening my holiday. Maybe it just enjoyed getting out of the bungalow and jumping on the Sonic with me for a ride?

Patrick wouldn't take a fee, so I bought a USB stick from him and gave some money to a PAC collection box as well. Good to know there is some tech support on the island for such pesky problems (this was not needed here 12 years ago when I started to become a regular visitor, with a borrowed out-of-date Lonely Planet, a paper diary and my "future-proof" sony mini disc player).

Ady

• Like 1

samuijimmy

• photo-thumb-85461.jpg
  • Advanced Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 1,214 posts

Posted Yesterday, 21:07

The former manager of Ibeats & BananaIT shops, has gone out on his own repairing Macs and PC's ... Also mentions, Ipad, Iphone, Hardware, Software on his card.

I've dealt with this guy several times and always found him to be honest and helpful.... His name is Boyd & English is pretty good....

Sign orange and black N@Net Mac & PC repair.

Phone 083 388 4422

Located just about opposite Sirisin Appliance shop in Chawang... before Tesco. (coming from Maenam)

Motor Bike repairs / Service: Maenam

The Castrol Shop in Maenam, (near Honda Dealer) always busy .... good service ... and reasonable prices ... "JJ" is the owners name, his English is very good.... The "Grease monkeys" seem to know what they are doing... !smile.png ,

Actually the Honda Shop in Maenam is good too... I try to share the business with either one of them...

One sees a quite a number of the Castrol Shops around the island, I am not sure if they are all good?

Air Con repairs or install.

Paitoon Air - 077 332 309 or better still 084 308 6760

Really good a/c engineers. Very reliable - once they know where you live.

Only replace parts when they have too - usually try to repair first. They have just fixed the motor on my a/c unit. At first he said - need new one from Bangkok. Thought about it for a while and then said - I will try to fix. He went and got his box of spare parts from home. sorted. 1,000 baht.

Only downside for some - no English spoken. Do a good job though thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

As suggested by Roooo I will post name and contact details of a termite control company I can recommend.

They appear to be thoroughly professional, turn up on time,speak English and use correct chemicals (according to Wikipedia).

Infinity Home Management.

Contact Khun Tay.

24/27 Moo 5 Choengmon, Bophut

077426608, mobile 0847450055

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Most of the companies that do property management also provide cleaners as part of the service.

There have been a few companies in the past that tried to offer just house cleaning, but I have not heard of them lately.

Why not try the management companies? What area are you in?

It might help if you let folks know how many times a week you require cleaning - size of property (no of rooms) etc etc

The other area that causes confusion is dish washing and laundry. This is not normally a cleaner's job - but a maid service.

Does anyone know of an agency or company that supplies cleaners? i am not really interested in individual people, more of someone who has several cleaners on their books.

• 2 weeks later...

samuijimmy

• photo-thumb-85461.jpg
  • Advanced Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 1,214 posts

Posted Yesterday, 21:07

The former manager of Ibeats & BananaIT shops, has gone out on his own repairing Macs and PC's ... Also mentions, Ipad, Iphone, Hardware, Software on his card.

I've dealt with this guy several times and always found him to be honest and helpful.... His name is Boyd & English is pretty good....

Sign orange and black N@Net Mac & PC repair.

Phone 083 388 4422

Located just about opposite Sirisin Appliance shop in Chawang... before Tesco. (coming from Maenam)

Just an update... on Boyd at M-Net... his hours start roughly at noon, (used to be 10 am) but his internet shop keeps him open until 4 or 6 AM, .... so his sleep patten has changed... whistling.gif .... He closes on Thursday, I think because his wife gets Thursday off too...

The other local Mac tech guy at Ibeats in Tesco Chawang seems to be "on the ball" , his name is "Paint" the tall guy with glasses... he will make house calls after his shift...if needed .thumbsup.gif

He's sometimes starts work at noon too and there until closing 9 pm I believe... English seems OK too.... thumbsup.gif

• 1 month later...

i need a refrigeration expert to fix my fridge

have tried many locals but fridge still keeps collecting ice behind the freezer ,which stops the fridge part from cooling

this usually takes about 3 days

have had new thermostat and timer replaced several times already

each time the fridge works for the first few days

does anybody know what the problem might be and who can fix it

Hifi? somewhere on the island? There was a JBL shop at Menam, still there? The one opp. Big C is gone. My nice Denon stereo amplifier does not work anymore and Sirisin has only home theater receiver. Bought that Denon many years ago for only 10.000...and the repair shop opp. Tesco Chaweng says, that it can't be fixed, maybe in BKK, maybe not? Or does someone know an other reliable repair shop?

it's kind of urgent, I am addicted to music!

Hifi? somewhere on the island? There was a JBL shop at Menam, still there? The one opp. Big C is gone. My nice Denon stereo amplifier does not work anymore and Sirisin has only home theater receiver. Bought that Denon many years ago for only 10.000...and the repair shop opp. Tesco Chaweng says, that it can't be fixed, maybe in BKK, maybe not? Or does someone know an other reliable repair shop?

it's kind of urgent, I am addicted to music!

Not seen a JBL shop around Maenam, so can't help there...

There is a shop in Nanthon, that may be able to do what you want, I've not been in there yet, (some one did recommend to me a while back) .....

It's located toward the end of the one way street... has a non dis-script shop on both sides of the road... just before you reach the right turn at the Honda dealer... might be worth a try.... (?)

Although if the guys across from Tesco, can't do, you may be up a creek without a paddle! wink.png

Want to give a shout out to Patrick at Baan Computing in Ban Tai, KPN. Took my UK laptop there as it seemed to have expired whilst on holiday last week, and his healing hands coaxed it back to life within minutes.

He said that the heat and humidity might have been a factor, or leaving it plugged in to KPN mains electric might have done it no good, but any which way, it came back to life after three dead days and I was able to do the things I needed for my UK business without shortening my holiday. Maybe it just enjoyed getting out of the bungalow and jumping on the Sonic with me for a ride?

Patrick wouldn't take a fee, so I bought a USB stick from him and gave some money to a PAC collection box as well. Good to know there is some tech support on the island for such pesky problems (this was not needed here 12 years ago when I started to become a regular visitor, with a borrowed out-of-date Lonely Planet, a paper diary and my "future-proof" sony mini disc player).

Ady

When I was living on Phangan always went to Patrick he is a sound guy who knows his stuff and never ever rips you off only downside is sometimes it may take a few days as he is a very busy guy !!!

Hello

In November, our family will arrive to the island.

We have daughter, 3 months. We are looking for a babysitter for a long time. Prerequisite - experience of working with children from 0.

I would be grateful for any information that will help to find a good babysitter.

Maybe someone already has children older than my daughter, and they can advise their former babysitter.

Thank you.

Edited by NadenoK

Eye Doctor - Dr Puchong

Located on the beach road in Nathon, two shops before the Palace hotel...(close to ferry terminal end)

Not easy to find first time, as no sign in English!.... and hidden behind two blue awnings (perhaps sometimes)...

Phone 081 273 6940 or land-line 077 236 090... (Open Monday to Saturday 9 to 5 pm... morning only Saturday)

He seemed OK, full test and some pills, 650 baht thumbsup.gif

post-85461-0-36283300-1349846236_thumb.j

Hey,

I'd like to recommend Andy (based in Lamai). English guy working in an international school here.

Excellent at fixing & setting up computers / networks for home and small businesses. Very reasonable rates.

Andy - 0843097096

Edited by Lite Beer
E Mail removed

• 2 weeks later...

I took my Thai staff out for a day's tour of Samui on Friday.

Samui Island Explorer were the company that I used - one of the few offering tailor-made tours.

Excellent service. We sat down and worked out a one-off itinerary for Thais to see what the Samui had to offer. We all had a brilliant day and the tour was a big hit - ending up at Bar Ice in Chewang. (Thanks for organising that Michael. It was great to see the Issan-ites freezing their toes off - they loved it. They had never been so cold.)

So - well done Samui Island Explorer and it didn't break the bank. I highly recommend them for a personalised tour. thumbsup.gif

They can be contacted on 085 781 3918 or 089 027 3827 or at the Big Buddha Coffe shop.

I took my Thai staff out for a day's tour of Samui on Friday.

Samui Island Explorer were the company that I used - one of the few offering tailor-made tours.

Excellent service. We sat down and worked out a one-off itinerary for Thais to see what the Samui had to offer. We all had a brilliant day and the tour was a big hit - ending up at Bar Ice in Chewang. (Thanks for organising that Michael. It was great to see the Issan-ites freezing their toes off - they loved it. They had never been so cold.)

So - well done Samui Island Explorer and it didn't break the bank. I highly recommend them for a personalised tour. thumbsup.gif

They can be contacted on 085 781 3918 or 089 027 3827 or at the Big Buddha Coffe shop.

This Ice bar has to be one of the best kept secrets on Samui, where exactly is it?

I suppose it means driving into the centre of Chawang! w00t.gifbiggrin.png

Easy to find and not in the centre of Chewang.

Take the road at the traffic lights south of Tesco Lotus (Chewang).

Head towards the lake and just before you get to the little roundabout (now a water feature) where you turn right to the lake - on the right hand side - Bar Ice. About 100/150 metres before the roundabout.