2012 Recommended Tradesmen & Services. Travel, Teachers ,Baby Sitters, Pet Care Etc...

Easy to find and not in the centre of Chewang.

Take the road at the traffic lights south of Tesco Lotus (Chewang).

Head towards the lake and just before you get to the little roundabout (now a water feature) where you turn right to the lake - on the right hand side - Bar Ice. About 100/150 metres before the roundabout.

Big sign wink.png BAR ICE.smile.png

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for a shop that sells music gear like pro monitors, keyboard & mic stand for home studio. Or will we have to order it online & get it shipped in?

What about Mahajak? close to Big C on opposite side of the road. Also, I noticed in Maenam, a couple of hundred yards past Honda, a shop selling guitars. Maybe try there.

Hi Hoping someone can help with some contacts for a lot of work I need doing on a house in the next month.

I need a good contact for someone that can fix a leaky roof and replace parts of the ceilings

Plumer that can take out an old toilet and fit a new one

Add a hot water box in the shower

Fix a water pump

Bit of electric work

+ a few other small handy man jobs

Was recommended 1 Thai person who seemed ideal, had done jobs for other people who recommended him, good english took notes as we went through each item and was due to give me a price within a day or 2. That was 2 weeks ago and despite calling him I always get the response tomorrow. After lots of tomorrows coming and going I am now looking for any other contacts as have to get things moving to be done before Christmas.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Motorbike repairs in Mae Nam.

Not just scooters but big bikes, too - all the local area bikers (all German, it seems . . .) take their bikes to him.

(Plus one guy I know who has a bike rental business in Lamai . . . )

Haven't used him yet but will be doing so if my bike bits get here before Xmas . . .

Locally he's called (ahem) 'The Chinaman' cos he's Chinese-Thai - speaks good English and prices very reasonable (so I'm told).

Dunno yet if he can sort out awkward repairs (ie creative and can find alternative bits that fit) or whether he's just a 'bolt-on-a-new-bit' type of guy - I'll keep you posted.

From Mae Nam Soi 5 head in the direction of Nathon, go past where the Lazy Coconut used to be, and it's the next bike shop on the right - just a little way.

Cheers

R