Good, Cheep Hotel In Phuket Town

stevehaigh

i just stayed in a nice place called the summer hotel, it's on Patiphat Rd. between Krabi Rd and Maeluan Rd on the west side of town. The rooms are from 250 - 350 bhat/night and are very clean, have TV, hot water and AC (350 bhat room).

it's pretty much all thai, i was the only farang there. it's next to a big moo-ga-taa place.

Edited by stevehaigh

• 2 years later...
i just stayed in a nice place called the summer hotel, it's on Patiphat Rd. between Krabi Rd and Maeluan Rd on the west side of town. The rooms are from 250 - 350 bhat/night and are very clean, have TV, hot water and AC (350 bhat room).

it's pretty much all thai, i was the only farang there. it's next to a big moo-ga-taa place.

I know the place, although I have never been inside. The "moo-ka-ta" restaurant next door is a unique place to eat, and not only do they have the traditional cook-it-yourself, open ceramic, fired by charcoal types of food, but they have fried fish and french fries. It is all you can eat for one price and the buffet in the center is full of fresh vegetables and marinated meats and fish for brazing over the charcoal. They put a hunk of suet on the top of the domed cooking surface to provide oil for the cooking as the suet melts.

Also, about two blocks down from the hotel, to the South, is the Jui Tui Chinese temple which is at the heart of the Phuket Vegetarian Festival which is currently being held. The entire street, from the fountain to the east of the fresh market, past the Thai Airways office, past the Buddhist temple, and past Jui Tui to the four-way intersection at the other end is chock full of restaurants and shops selling vegetarian delicacies and while clothing for the festival. Turn right at the four-way intersection after Jui Tui and you are on the way back to the Summer hotel.

We spent much of the day today at Jui Tui and the areas along the street so I do not know if the "moo-ka-ta" restaurant is open for business. Many restaurants which do not sell vegetarian food close for the seven day festival.

Thanks, Steve, for the information.

The summer hotel used to (dunno if still does) have rooms by the hour.

We had a new female teacher at our school and i was taking her round looking for rooms to rent.

We checked out the summer hotel, and noticed that it was 350 for a night or 250 for the hour.

The female teacher i was with noticed it too.

I was SO embarrassed !

We legged it out of there and didnt even look at the rooms.