I Just Met This Girl

AnotherOneAmerican

Let me blunt. A fool and his money are soon parted. A 24 year old bird on your arm is a dream come true. You cannot own land in Thailand, the girl can, she is Thai, you are not. Can you link these threads together?

My I direct you to my post #43 which you appear not to have read or perhaps not understood.

I took a quick look at that and it indeed confirms you have jumped out from under a bridge. coffee1.gif

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick check of the OP's IP address will almost certainly reveal him to be an existing - or quite possibly - a banned member - in resurrected, mischievous form, out to create mayhem amongst the gullible and old hands alike...

This is a troll of the first order.

If I am wrong, I swear on the lives of my string of hookers that I will marry the very first lady-boy who crosses my path on my way to the local Pattaya Starbucks.

Troll yes, but not particularly original or believable. Now if he had said he was also 24, that he never had to pay her, that she paid him....eh, well that's not very original either.

But don't you see how cunning he is? he also hasn't told us that she's 'Hi-So', Chinese -Thai with a silky white skin, or that she was educated abroad and has her own business....

If he had said any of the above, everyone would have immediately known he was a troll.

No...this troll is so wily, he's catching all and sundry in his troll-like paws.

Been around the Thai Visa block a few times, I'll be bound...

• Like 2

After his tour of duty they moved to the States where I was born.

I have never been to Thailand before but I still have my mothers (now deceased) Thai passport, her Thai birth certificate, and my Thai birth certificate somewhere.

This is amusing. So you were born in the US? So how on Earth can you have a Thai birth certificate?

• Like 2

if the 24 year old coffee shop girl who resides in bkk doesnt work out, do not despair, i have some good other options for the OP,

a. 24 year old cousin of my wife, works at global house, doesnt drink coffe though

b. 28 year old girl, has slept with a few farangs she has met on thai dating sites but hasnt landed one yet

c. 18 year old cousin, stunning youthful looks, but bit of an airhead, doesnt speak english so she cant ask for anything

and many more to choose from

• Like 1

A quick check of the OP's IP address will almost certainly reveal him to be an existing - or quite possibly - a banned member - in resurrected, mischievous form, out to create mayhem amongst the gullible and old hands alike...

If I am wrong, I swear on the lives of my string of hookers that I will marry the very first lady-boy who crosses my path on my way to the local Pattaya Starbucks.

Troll yes, but not particularly original or believable. Now if he had said he was also 24, that he never had to pay her, that she paid him....eh, well that's not very original either.

But don't you see how cunning he is? he also hasn't told us that she's 'Hi-So', Chinese -Thai with a silky white skin, or that she was educated abroad and has her own business....

If he had said any of the above, everyone would have immediately known he was a troll.

No...this troll is so wily, he's catching all and sundry in his troll-like paws.

Been around the Thai Visa block a few times, I'll be bound...

says the Elizabeth Taylor of Thaivisa

After his tour of duty they moved to the States where I was born.

I have never been to Thailand before but I still have my mothers (now deceased) Thai passport, her Thai birth certificate, and my Thai birth certificate somewhere.

This is amusing. So you were born in the US? So how on Earth can you have a Thai birth certificate?

My mother registered my birth with the Thai Embassy in the US, they issued a Thai birth certificate (as far as I know)

Sorry

I believe the document I have might be officially called 'Thai Consular report of Birth Abroad' but I just called it a Thai Birth Certificate.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

22 replies, none of them about where to live, apart from Mr. Canada who I believe was joking.

1 moderator reply, having remove who knows what.

Are the posters on this forum really so unhelpful?

Quite disgraceful!

I would have thought some people here would have some idea of a nice place to live.

Was it my fault, let me be more specific.

Looking to live somewhere with good Internet access, coffee bars, restaurants American and Thai.

Not too rural, where I could buy or build a house for 4-10Mbht on a few rai of land, money is not really a problem.

Could I have some serious suggestions from people who live in places like this

I love this part:

Not too rural, where I could buy or build a house for 4-10Mbht on a few rai of land, money is not really a problem

well AnotherOneAmerican, i have got all the bases covered for you, blocks of 13 rai or 6 rai or 4 rai available, no more than 20 kilometres from the farang retirement centre that is udon, know a good builder, a house between 4-10 million baht building contract would appeal to him.

and of course, the multitude of available non p4p girls, the previous ones i listed all are within 4 houses of the wife's parents house, so many more to choose from.

This is simply tragic. I feel for the Op.

It appears as though this is a troll of idiotic proportions. However, I doubt that anyone attempting to troll would do so in such an obvious manner. I therefor have to assume that the Op may be genuine. In which case this is even more tragic.

OP: When you were 24, how many 60+ women were you attracted to ?

Under what circumstances would you date a 60+ woman?, and if she gave up her life aboard because of you, exactly how much respect would you have for her?.

If you need to sell your property for tax purposes, keep the money safe and invest it.

Buying any new property at your age would prove daft, you’ll will have sadly passed before you can realise any investment potential. There really is no need to tie yourself down in your twilight years, what could you hope to gain?.

The best advice you can receive on this forum is RENT, there are plenty of highly desirable places around to live in, it appears you can afford them.

If you are less naive than your opening post suggest you will learn from your experience of living here. Anyone with a dash of common sense should know that a 24 year old cannot fall in love with a 60+ year old - your suggestion otherwise does have a savant’ish air about it.

Where to live ? That’s possibly the sole reason why renting is the only intelligent option until you can decide.

Where to live ? That’s possibly the sole reason why renting is the only intelligent option until you can decide.

So where do you suggest I rent?

This will be my first time living outside the US, so I don't have much of a clue where to start.

Which is why I started this topic, not that I have had much in the way of sensible answers.

22 replies, none of them about where to live, apart from Mr. Canada who I believe was joking.

1 moderator reply, having remove who knows what.

Are the posters on this forum really so unhelpful?

Quite disgraceful!

I would have thought some people here would have some idea of a nice place to live.

Was it my fault, let me be more specific.

Looking to live somewhere with good Internet access, coffee bars, restaurants American and Thai.

Not too rural, where I could buy or build a house for 4-10Mbht on a few rai of land, money is not really a problem.

Could I have some serious suggestions from people who live in places like this

almost took the bait...

post-49171-0-45450800-1331035603_thumb.j

• Like 1

So where do you suggest I rent?

This will be my first time living outside the US, so I don't have much of a clue where to start.

Which is why I started this topic, not that I have had much in the way of sensible answers.

Start with Bangkok, as your 24y old is currently there (she will teach you about being an ATM...). Then start to move around places from time to time (and see whether she is willing to come with you). Go to Pattaya (and see whether you might want to start shopping around for other girls), to go Rayong, go to Hua Hin, go to Chiang MAi, go to Phuket, follow the sun and the good weather... depending on the girls, you might even end up in the Isaan region some day...

And comes time and more girls, you will learn about more and more places (every new girl will gladly show you their favorite places) until finally you decide where (and with which girl) you want to finally settle. Definitely you need places where lot of expat are already living or places with a good tourist industry, otherwise your American lifestyle might not be available there. So you could as well go to your local travel office and take a Thailand catalogue and choose randomly where to start your trip around Thailand

Definitely you need places where lot of expat are already living or places with a good tourist industry, otherwise your American lifestyle might not be available there. So you could as well go to your local travel office and take a Thailand catalogue and choose randomly where to start your trip around Thailand

I'm not sure I really need much in the way of expat or US people for company. (although a McD nearby would be comforting)

I can speak and understand Thai fairly well (although my gf, who doesn't speak any English, tells me the accent is 'funny') as I always spoke Thai with my mother.

But I can't read or write it.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

This is simply tragic. I feel for the Op.

It appears as though this is a troll of idiotic proportions. However, I doubt that anyone attempting to troll would do so in such an obvious manner. I therefor have to assume that the Op may be genuine. In which case this is even more tragic.

To my recollection there is a three day cooling off period between registering to join Thaivisa and being allowed to post. I can only imagine that policy is in place to prevent sustained Troll attacks.

I did wonder at the time why there would be a waiting period but now I can see why.

During that period, ( and previous to joining ) I had a look at a few threads to see what the site was all about. In effect I researched the site. Now to be honest I can't remember if you can use the search function within the site prior to joining., but I do remember navigating between threads.

Anyway, my point is, if the guy is a troll.........then he has got too much time on his hands, if the guy is genuine, he has had a few days to do a bit of research on the site. It would be impossible to pick up on the nuances of the site and members in a few days but I would say just about every day there is plenty of material to be read about the type of issues the OP has brought up.

Once again I can't remember exactly what happened, but I am sure I saw a highlighted message telling me I couldn't post for three days ( at this point a few members are muttering I wish theblether couldn't post forever!! ), maybe it would be an idea to invite them and show them how to navigate the subjects they are interested in.

At least that way the well intended but naive would be saved some flamings.

Definitely you need places where lot of expat are already living or places with a good tourist industry, otherwise your American lifestyle might not be available there. So you could as well go to your local travel office and take a Thailand catalogue and choose randomly where to start your trip around Thailand

I'm not sure I really need much in the way of expat or US people for company. (although a McD nearby would be comforting)

I can speak and understand Thai fairly well (although my gf, who doesn't speak any English, tells me the accent is 'funny') as I always spoke Thai with my mother.

But I can't read or write it.

Am not talking about you having company of other expat... am talking about your requests "not too rural" and "Looking to live somewhere with good Internet access, coffee bars, restaurants American and Thai.* which you will not find in places where no expat are living (specially the american restaurants).

Focus .. are u back again under a new name

Lots of olding expats in Chiang Mai and it has a good mix of western and thai stuff without being a crowded city. (however that seems to be changing too).

If I was in my 60's and moving to Thailand for the first time, I would choose Chiang Mai. It has the best weather (smog aside), a reasonable number of expats and a reasonable exposure to foreigners. People are generally more polite than anywhere else in Thailand (IMO).

Bangkok may seem overwhelming to someone who has limited overseas travel experience.

Op. If you are serious, you can’t go too far wrong with Chiang Mai (they even have bridges thumbsup.gif )

• Like 1

If the op is serious, I understand why America is so rich.

Have been living in the US for some time... if the op is serious, he just prooves that still most americans think the world is flat and ends at the border of their country...

Edited by Swiss1960

Am not talking about you having company of other expat... am talking about your requests "not too rural" and "Looking to live somewhere with good Internet access, coffee bars, restaurants American and Thai.* which you will not find in places where no expat are living (specially the american restaurants).

Do you mean to suggest that Thais don't frequent McD, KFC, Starbucks, etc. and they are only found where US expats live?

In America I can eat Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Lebanese, etc, without a large community of the nationals of those countries living nearby.

Thailand must be more different than I thought!

Lots of olding expats in Chiang Mai and it has a good mix of western and thai stuff without being a crowded city. (however that seems to be changing too).

If I was in my 60's and moving to Thailand for the first time, I would choose Chiang Mai. It has the best weather (smog aside), a reasonable number of expats and a reasonable exposure to foreigners. People are generally more polite than anywhere else in Thailand (IMO).

Bangkok may seem overwhelming to someone who has limited overseas travel experience.

Op. If you are serious, you can’t go too far wrong with Chiang Mai (they even have bridges thumbsup.gif )

Thank you for your reply, you are much more thoughtful than most of the forum members who have posted on this topic.