Cant Activate Brand New Iphone 4S From Denmark

alexpoker

Hey guys,

I was hoping someone else had any experience with this.

I got a brand new iphone 4S sent from Denmark. I made sure it was unlocked by the company that my ex got it from. I emphasized that I needed it unlocked for Thailand.

However I just received it and after putting in a AIS micro sim card, it wont activate. After selecting language and location services, wifi etc.

It says "SIM not valid" and tells me that the sim card is not compatible etc.

Any idea what I can do about this?

Thanks.

So I called up customer support back in Denmark, from where the phone was bought and they told me I have get someone to send me a Telia micro sim card so I can activate it before they can unlock it remotely.

Going to get someone to send me one, unless someone checking this post is per chance from Denmark and has a Telia microsim lol.

So I called up customer support back in Denmark, from where the phone was bought and they told me I have get someone to send me a Telia micro sim card so I can activate it before they can unlock it remotely.

Going to get someone to send me one, unless someone checking this post is per chance from Denmark and has a Telia microsim lol.

Good to see they made good on their word unlocked it in the first place! Did they think you weren't going to notice??

I had the same issue with my Australian telco; they assured m the phone was unlocked, when, in fact, it wasn't. Thankfully I already had one of their SIM's on me...

Have you tried to activate your phone with iTunes. The 4s I recently bought from the Apple online store in Thailand sent me an unlocked phone but Dtac told me it was locked. it only needed to be activated by iTunes.

I hope that's all that's the issue with your phone.

I didn’t have to access itunes with AIS to activate the 4S, so maybe that's a DTAC thing.

Also, (for those that may not know, I didn't) if you cut down your old sim you can use it to upload all your contacts into the iphone memory which makes for a painless transition from a "dumb" phone.

I would have thought that activation via iTunes is all that's needed.

I thought - and I may be wrong - that the magic packet that unlocks your phone is sent from Apple servers after your service provider has informed Apple that your phone should be unlocked. The magic packet is cryptographically unique to your specific iPhone... it's all very clever...

I didn’t have to access itunes with AIS to activate the 4S, so maybe that's a DTAC thing.

Also, (for those that may not know, I didn't) if you cut down your old sim you can use it to upload all your contacts into the iphone memory which makes for a painless transition from a "dumb" phone.

Good tip with the SIM!

AIS might have activated the phone for you. I know True did that for me - they do it on their computer in the shop before they hand you the phone. Probably because lots of people never hook their phone up with iTunes in the first place...