A Non Immigrant Multi-Entry O Visa For Retirement Issued Locally?

licklips.gif Just out of curiosity...are there any reports of anyone getting a non O multi-entry visa anywhere in Asia (including such places as Japan, Korea, etc.) in the last (say) 2 years based on retirement?

I'm not referring to Non O visas based on marriage to a Thai....but strictly for retirement.

I know they are very difficult to get now...if you get one at all you usually get a single 90 day entry non O which you then extend in Thailand.

I don't need one myself, but a family member is retiring in the U.S., and for some reason he wants to know the answer to that question.

I told him to get it in the U.S. if possible...but he asked me about the possibility of getting a multi-entry Non O for retirement in countries in Asia....so I'm looking for any information on that topic.

And he's not married to a Thai.

licklips.gif

Japan I expect would be a real problem but even in the US believe some Consulates are again issuing multi entry after the change that they can no longer provided O-A long stay visas. I suspect Oz would be the best choice in Asia area.

I thought Non-o/a visas had to be got in your own country.

They do, the Op is asking about one year multi-entry Non-Immigrant "O" Visas, not the same thing.

Is there such a thing as a non -"O" for retirement....OA for retirement only i thought ...

But nothing stopping him getting a non O over the retirement age , but it wont be based on retirement...

I thought Non-o/a visas had to be got in your own country.

They do, the Op is asking about one year multi-entry Non-Immigrant "O" Visas, not the same thing.

Is there such a thing as a non -"O" for retirement....OA for retirement only i thought ...

But nothing stopping him getting a non O over the retirement age , but it wont be based on retirement...

The usual procedure for many, is to obtain an "O" (O for other) Visa and apply for a one year extension of stay based on retirement.

Edited by beechguy