Farang Dies In Motorbike Accident In Amphur Kantharalak (Si Saket)?

SantiSuk

I'm hearing village rumours to the above effect - location Ban Sa Kaeo, which is very close to me. Wednesday evening after a family wedding.

Hope it's an exageration or untrue, but RIP if true.

Main point of posting. PM me if there is any help needed by or re a fellow falang living nearby.

This could be what you are looking for:

It has been a terrible 2012 when it comes to tragic road accidents claiming the lives of Swedish citizens. But it does not seem to stop as Wednesday saw another Swede losing his life on the Thai roads, this time in Kantharalak in the East of Thailand.

According to the Swedish paper, Aftonbladet, the Swede was a 60 year old man who was driving a big motorbike as he was hit from behind by a pickup truck.

“I know that there has been a traffic accident,” is the only information Camilla Åkesson Lindblom from the Swedish Foreign Ministry has to give.

According to Aftonbladet the driver of the pickup truck fled the scene of the accident and is now being chased by the police.

The relatives of the dead Swedish man have been informed about the tragic death.

Very sad; I rather suspected it was him. I didn't know him well - in fact i had my first conversation with him a couple of weeks ago in the Pizza cafe bar in K, where he was a regular when in Thailand. Seemed like a decent bloke and I was looking forward to knowing him more. He was the leader of a small select group of riders known as the Kwai Riders Kantharalak or something similar. He had a Thai wife and I think it was his wife's sons wedding that he left to visit some friends.

RIP Aftonbladet. If you had to depart I suspect you would have been happy to depart on your bike.

MODS: you can close this thread. I'll stick a reference point to this thread on the News thread.

Edited by SantiSuk

Very sad news indeed.

I helped out once when a foreigner died in Ubon and I know it was appreciated by his family who were unable to come to Thailand to organise things. I hope you can be of assistance santisuk if they need you.

Also, I think Aftonbladet is actually the name of the swedish newspaper not the gentleman who lost his life.

• Like 1