Toyota Vigo 4-Door 4Wd Current Price?

AfterLOS

I was doubtful that I could buy a motorbike here but they said a residency certificate was a formality (or quite rightly contact the Embassy) becasue i have a business here.

I only have a tourist visa and it was no problem.....so buying a car is a different ballgame then?

• 4 months later...

Prices:

http://www.toyota.co..._cab&opt=grades

These prices are the same everywhere. However some dealers will throw in loads of options and insurance for free.

Keep in mind this is a 5 (?) year old model, due to change in the not too distant future. All competitors have already released a new model.

Reviewing the link anew - in LOS now so can do the legwork in person. Trying to get an engagement visa for gf to States but if

too tough then will just buy the Vigo here and live in both countries, so ............

Toyota dealer NakonPing on the HangDong road gave me a price quote sheet yesterday .....

Toyota Vigo 4-door, 3.0 4-WD AT, 5-speed, leather, foglamp, cruise control, DVD stereo 6-spkr, camera, floor mats, 3-yr warranty1st class insurance, delivery before end of September ................ 999,000 Baht

When I pressed for options, tinted windows, window shades, parking sensor, front parking mirror on left, bedliner, black sporty rollbar, front sporty bumper

....... the rep said that she could include ALL those options and keep the price at 999,000 if I paid the 1st class insurance myself.

Reading other threads here seems to suggest that BKK dealers include these options easily and the prices might be lower still ....... ???

• 3 months later...

Didn't order it on the last trip - didn't want to wait.

This trip, insisted on immediate delivery, 2-3 hours negotiation, truck of choice not available, then a cancellation came thru' - paid deposit on

Wednesday, picked up truck on Friday. All options were installed flawlessly. Got the color (Silver) I wanted and got the leather too - this was a priority.

Brand new Vigo Champ 4x4 auto, ....... 999,000 Baht. Many options were included in the price, some were not. Drove the truck home Friday, very satisfied with the service at Toyota thus far.

Most importantly, I don't have a retirement visa anymore, only the plain tourist visa - given this,

can I still buy a car in my name in LOS?

No.

Because you will need a residency certificate from Immigration to confirm that you live in Thailand on a long term basis. This is not availible for holiday makers.

False

You can also get a letter at a price from your embassy and this is sufficient.

I am glad someone else disagrees, the residency letter can also be provided by any hotel; which in turn can be taken to the Immi to make official. A tourist visa didnt stop me buying a new bike, all in my name so I would imagine a car is the same.

someone will be telling us we cant live here on a tourist visa next! which again is <deleted>

Most importantly, I don't have a retirement visa anymore, only the plain tourist visa - given this,

No.

Because you will need a residency certificate from Immigration to confirm that you live in Thailand on a long term basis. This is not availible for holiday makers.

False

You can also get a letter at a price from your embassy and this is sufficient.

I am glad someone else disagrees, the residency letter can also be provided by any hotel; which in turn can be taken to the Immi to make official. A tourist visa didnt stop me buying a new bike, all in my name so I would imagine a car is the same.

someone will be telling us we cant live here on a tourist visa next! which again is <deleted>

NO special visa or letter or authorization from Immig. or anybody else reqd. - confirmed also at Ford where I almost bought a new Ranger (from cancellation) to be delivered the next day.

No.

Only a local rule made in CM two years ago, and a bribe fixes that.

If you don't use CM immigration, no problem, your consulate will also provide it (but more expensive).

I understand local police stations can also provide a certificate of residency.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

NO special visa or letter or authorization from Immig. or anybody else reqd. - confirmed also at Ford where I almost bought a new Ranger (from cancellation) to be delivered the next day.

I'm sure Ford will be happy to take your money, but the Vehicle License Dept will require proof of address to register the vehicle. Proof of address can be a valid Work permit, a Yellow Tabian Baan, or letter from Immigration or your Embassy. Some dealers can be very helpful and take care of the residency paperwork.

I'm sure Ford will be happy to take your money, but the Vehicle License Dept will require proof of address to register the vehicle. Proof of address can be a valid Work permit, a Yellow Tabian Baan, or letter from Immigration or your Embassy. Some dealers can be very helpful and take care of the residency paperwork.

I do have an address, a rental house in Chiangmai and I do have a valid thai diriver license. Apparently that was all that was required.

No.

I understand local police stations can also provide a certificate of residency.

Not in Ubon, tried it, and l am affiliated to them. sad.png .

• 1 month later...

Just had a quote of 982,000,00 Baht for the latest top of the range spec Vigo 4 x 4 from a dealer in Pattaya

delivery guaranteed within one month

Price ncludes

7000 Baht discount for white colour

10,000 discount for cash deal

Included in the price are;

mats

sun film

Max liner

Licence plate

NOT INCLUDED;

first class insurance.

Tax

Reg no plate

or any other goodies.

Do you think I can do any better by going to a dealer in Bangkok.

Thanks in anticipation

update

after considering the negative feedback on Pattaya Toyota dealers I contacted some Bangkok ones and lo and behold.

Price for top of the range 4x4 auto Vigo Champ 982,000,00

plus 25K discount

plus liner

plus sun film

plus mats

plus 4 x door sun visors

No free insurance, this is only usually available when you buy on the HP (Im told)

availability they had one in stock of the colour we wanted

Enquiry Monday PM

Picked the truck up Tuesday 11.0am

Wed had all the goodies like rear cover, chrome bits , bull bar Etc Etc fitted at Boys air and sound on Sukhumvit road Pattaya.

Total cost for all the lot around 1, 050,00.00

I am informed that if I had gone to dealer of Body kits and the like in Bangkok I could have saved more dosh but the way that Boy treated us and gave us some discount made us feel that we should deal with them especially the shop only being down the road from us.