Cheap Calls Ireland To Thailand

bangkokStranger

Hi,

Came across this site www.telestunt.ie that offer cheap calls to Thailand from Ireland. They claimyou can dial thailand for 1.42 cent per minute on Saturday or Sunday and After 6pm Midweek (after 1am in Thailand unfortunately, but you can ring anytime on Saturday or Sunday) and 4.90 cent per minute before 6pm, stilll very very cheap.

Has anyone used this service, usually when it sounds too good to be true, it usually is! Must be some catch, terrible quality, hidden costs etc

They say there is no registration, you just ring an 1850 number and then dial the international number when you get through.

As of yet i cant get through to their email as there is a problem with it but the fact that they have an .ie domain name means they are at least registered as a business in Ireland so unlikely to be a scam.

In the opposite direction, what's the cheapest way to call from Thailand to Ireland?  My middle son lives in Ennis, County Clare.

If you both have broadband you could use www.skype.com, if im correct i think its free. Broadband is around 30 euro p/m in Ireland but you should get it much cheaper in Thailand (ive also seen broadband advertised for 9.99 pm in Ireland but dont know how reliable that would be) if you ring home alot broadband would be a good investment, you could always use an internet cafe if you dont have a pc.

Also im told that its cheaper to ring Ireland this way

use 009 353 area code and number rather than

001 353 area code and number so use 009 instead of 001 not sure how much the difference is

No ive tried the number too from my mobile and i cant get through to the 1890 number at all, ive tried one of the other numbers aswell just to test and it said that number does not exist so maybe they dont operate any more??

I dont have a landline to test but they say in the F.A.Q that mobiles can be used

:o

knew it was too good to be true, anyone know of any other companies

www.perlico.ie offer 49 cent per minutes, thats not too bad, anyone know anyone any cheaper or a similar company that you can dial a number and get cheaper calls, i would prefer to call from a mobile or landline and not a payphone

In the opposite direction, what's the cheapest way to call from Thailand to Ireland?  My middle son lives in Ennis, County Clare.

If you both have broadband you could use www.skype.com, if im correct i think its free. Broadband is around 30 euro p/m in Ireland but you should get it much cheaper in Thailand (ive also seen broadband advertised for 9.99 pm in Ireland but dont know how reliable that would be) if you ring home alot broadband would be a good investment, you could always use an internet cafe if you dont have a pc.

Also im told that its cheaper to ring Ireland this way

use 009 353 area code and number rather than

001 353 area code and number so use 009 instead of 001 not sure how much the difference is

If one person has a computer and (preferably but not essential) broadband, they can call any phone with Skype. It's not free, but it's cheap. Use a credit card to prepay in advance (min EUR10).

Calls to Thailand landline (from anywhere in the world) cost EUR 0.05 per min.

Calls to Thailand mobile (from anywhere in the world) cost EUR 0.07 per min.

Calls to Ireland any type (from anywhere in the world) cost EUR 0.02 per min. Same rate applies to the EU, US and many other countries.

Edit: you don't even need a computer for heaven's sake, most internet shops have a headset+mic or you can buy your own for a few hundred baht. You need to download the Skype software, but it's small enough that that should take under a minute.

Edited by The_Other_Mac

Thanks, will try skype so, i didnt realise that you only needed one pc then again its a long long time since i checked out the site, maybe things changed or maybe i didnt read it properly in the first place.

Either way that seems like the way to go, how is quality usually, do you get many disconnections etc, i have broadband

If one person has a computer and (preferably but not essential) broadband, they can call any phone with Skype. It's not free, but it's cheap. Use a credit card to prepay in advance (min EUR10).

Calls to Ireland any type (from anywhere in the world) cost EUR 0.02 per min. Same rate applies to the EU, US and many other countries.

Edit: you don't even need a computer for heaven's sake, most internet shops have a headset+mic or you can buy your own for a few hundred baht. You need to download the Skype software, but it's small enough that that should take under a minute.

Here is the rates i was quoted from the skype.com site, have you got the prices wrong The_Other_Mac or am i looking in the right place

Thailand € 0.106

Thailand - Mobile € 0.107

Thailand-Bangkok € 0.057

Heres the link i sourced them from

http://www.skype.com/products/skypeout/rat....html#listing-T

Still 10cent per minutes is a great price, thanks

Here is the rates i was quoted from the skype.com site, have you got the prices wrong The_Other_Mac or am i looking in the right place

Thailand € 0.106

Thailand - Mobile € 0.107

Thailand-Bangkok € 0.057

Heres the link i sourced them from

http://www.skype.com/products/skypeout/rat....html#listing-T

Still 10cent per minutes is a great price, thanks

Your prices are the correct ones. I think possibly the other Mac listed the prices to Ireland. Remember with Skype it is totally irrelevant where you are in the world, the only important thing is where you are calling to... to call Thailand from Ireland, Hungary, South Africa or Chile is the same price - even if you are within Thailand itself and calling a Thai number you pay the same rate. The Skype rate is usually just a tad higher than the local landline rate - which is high in Thailand for upcountry calls.

The Skype switching station (unless they have several) that transforms the VoIP signal and sends it out over the regular telephone network must be located in Bangkok since prices within Bangkok are cheaper.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

All,

I know this thread has't been added to in some time, but a way of making cheap calls to that special someone in LOS is worth mentioning.

Check out www.13434.ie - sign up and link your laser or visa card to your account and enjoy EUR0.01/min call to Thai mobiles and landlines from your 'landline' with a EUR0.05 connection fee. 1hr call to LOS = EUR0.65 (from landline) I've been using this for some time now and have had no issues.

You can use it from your mobile phone too - only negative is you pay local rate per/min on your mobile as your call is routed via a national number (if you have free minutes though with your provider this is one way of ensuring you use them up!)

Good luck, K

The Gizmo project is now free to call Thai landlines and mobiles via VoIP..

Same goes for Calling UK landlines..

http://www.gizmoproject.com/

They even have a website set up to use it without any software (script in page) for 10 mins per day calling.. https://www.gizmocall.com/

I dont know how much cheaper than free you could want but I guess they could start paying us to make calls..

Just for anyones interest.. Current free calls are

CALL FREE TO THESE COUNTRIES

LANDLINES AND MOBILES

Canada

China

Cyprus

Guam

Hong Kong

Malawi

Malaysia

Puerto Rico

Russia

Saipan

San Marino

Singapore

South Korea

Thailand

United States

US Virgin Islands

Vatican City

LANDLINES ONLY

Argentina

Australia

Austria

Belgium

Brazil

Bulgaria

Chile

Czech Republic

Denmark

Estonia

Finland

France

French Antilles

Germany

Gibraltar

Greece

Guadeloupe

Hungary

Iceland

Ireland

Israel

Italy

Japan

Liechtenstein

Luxembourg

Monaco

Netherlands

New Zealand

Norway

Panama

Peru

Poland

Portugal

Slovenia

Spain

Sweden

Switzerland

Taiwan

Turkey

United Kingdom

Venezuela

Zambia

Hi,

Came across this site www.telestunt.ie that offer cheap calls to Thailand from Ireland. They claimyou can dial thailand for 1.42 cent per minute on Saturday or Sunday and After 6pm Midweek (after 1am in Thailand unfortunately, but you can ring anytime on Saturday or Sunday) and 4.90 cent per minute before 6pm, stilll very very cheap.

Has anyone used this service, usually when it sounds too good to be true, it usually is! Must be some catch, terrible quality, hidden costs etc

They say there is no registration, you just ring an 1850 number and then dial the international number when you get through.

As of yet i cant get through to their email as there is a problem with it but the fact that they have an .ie domain name means they are at least registered as a business in Ireland so unlikely to be a scam.

Hi,

I'm in England, and i use Discount Dial 08444621919 then country code and number.

I pay £1 for 60 mins to mobile or landline, sometimes i call with my pre-paid O2 mobile but don't seem to get charged any more. Quality is good too

In the opposite direction, what's the cheapest way to call from Thailand to Ireland? My middle son lives in Ennis, County Clare.

F'in hysterical! My mother was born in Ennis (a Kearney), still have family there and around Connemara (Galwayish area), but most of us ended up in Boston, like just a few others :o. Anyway, if you have a monthly no-limit plan on Vonage (I got biz for 50 bucks/mo., but residential is 25) you can call unlimited to the States, Canada, Ireland, UK, France, Spain, Italy and some others. I call my sister in Dublin all the time, though she says it's never often!