Is It Possible To Get Another Month Visa From Immigration After Two 2 Month Visa?

Was wondering if I can get another 30 days after a two 2 month visa.I got the visa from the uk and was stamped on 14 of November,I have been out of Thailand to get my other 2 month.I believe my visa will expire on the 13th of march but I have changed my flight to the 2nd of April.

I will need another month but how do I get this? Can I get another month at the immigration in hua hin or do I have to go out of the country by boat?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated,thanks.

I believe you obtain a two entry tourist visa in the UK and used only the 60 days of first entry and are now using the first 60 days of second entry? You can extend this entry for 30 days at any immigration officer for 1,900 baht and photo/filled out TM.7 form. You could also have done on first entry but until your plans changed there was no reason. Be sure to obtain extension now (you are getting close to overstay) and what is important is your permitted to stay stamp date (not any visa date). That is what will be extended 30 days (regardless of when you do it).

thanks lopburi,just one thing with that.i came back into thailand for my second 60 days on the 17th of jan but the thai immigration at nong khai stamped my 'admitted until' at 31 january.i dont think this should be a problem because obviously i have my two 2 month visa stamped as proof but im just wondering for future relevance wheather the immigration should have stamped me for another 60 days this giving me until the 16th of march.

What visa did you obtain in the UK? A single tourist visa or a two entry tourist visa? Unless it was two entry you only have one stay of 60 days that can be extended 30 days at immigration. And unless you stayed outside of Thailand for a few days that 17 January date does not equate to 60 days from November 14. What is issue date of of visa? What is expiration date of visa? How many entry is the visa?

What visa did you obtain in the UK? A single tourist visa or a two entry tourist visa? Unless it was two entry you only have one stay of 60 days that can be extended 30 days at immigration. And unless you stayed outside of Thailand for a few days that 17 January date does not equate to 60 days from November 14. What is issue date of of visa? What is expiration date of visa? How many entry is the visa?

sorry dont think i made it clear,i came in with a two entry tourist visa

came from uk 17th of november

went into lao 14 of january

returned 17th of january

if its worked out at 60 days (per 2 month) i believe i have until the 16th of march,the issue date of the visa is 14th of november,the visa has to be utilised by the 16th of may and the visa is a two 2 month visa.someone else replied saying it is my duty to make sure they stamp it correctly,is this true,i dont think so personally because they dont even speak english and i would say it is their job to look for these things.maybe im wrong but we will find out when i go to the immigration office tomorrow.

once again thankyou very much for the advice

Whether it is your responsibility or theirs it is always better to check the stamp to save yourself the hassle of going to an immigration office to have it fixed. Once it is fixed then go ahead and apply for a 30 day extension of stay, bring one or two photo's and a photocopy of your passport and visa page.

Your responsibility to check the permision to stay stamp.

You are now on overstay.

Hopefully you will be able to sort it out tomorrow without being fined.

I hope so.

Be polite and act dumb.smile.png

no way im on overstay,i paid 100 quid for 4 months,i went out within the 2 months and im within the second 2 months now,yes i should have checked the stamp to save the hassle but what is the point of the officials at the border flipping through the pages of my passport and looking at my visa,is this just for show? Where does it state that it is your responsibility to check the stamp and if you dont check it you will be charged 500 baht a day overstay if the officials make a mistake.I dont think so.

...Where does it state that it is your responsibility to check the stamp and if you dont check it you will be charged 500 baht a day overstay if the officials make a mistake.I dont think so.

The technically and legally more correct way of putting it would probably be to say that it is your responsibility to comply with the provisions of Thailand's Immigration Act B.E. 2522, of which an English translation of Section 81 reads as follows:

Section 81 : Any alien who stay in the Kingdom without permission or with

permission expired or revoked shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding

two years or a fine not exceeding 20,000 Baht or both.

From the above derives the more practical and easier-to-understand statement that it is the traveller's responsibility to check the stamp in his passport that tells him how long he is permitted to stay and, if he discovers that he was not given the correct period of permission to stay to which he understands his visa should entitle him he should take the necessary steps to get this corrected at an immigration office or otherwise, in compliance with the law, leave not later than the expiration date of the permission to stay stamped in his passport.

That's it, in a nutshell. Basically, it cannot be expected of a tourist to research and read the immigration laws and rules of the countries to which he travels, but it is reasonable to expect that he should abide by the conditions of his stay as stamped in his passport.

You are now on overstay.

I hope so.

no way im on overstay,i paid 100 quid for 4 months,i went out within the 2 months and im within the second 2 months now,yes i should have checked the stamp to save the hassle but what is the point of the officials at the border flipping through the pages of my passport and looking at my visa,is this just for show? Where does it state that it is your responsibility to check the stamp and if you dont check it you will be charged 500 baht a day overstay if the officials make a mistake.I dont think so.

did you put your visa number on the entry slip,? Your permitted to stay stamp says 31st January. so yes you are on overstay.

i hope you calm down before going to immigration, listen to litebeer! nothing like shooting the messenger,

"Be polite and act dumb.smile.png"

I don't know about the polite part, but the rest...shouldn't be a problem.

I don't think an entitlement attitude will go over very well with immigration.

It might be their mistake, but it's your problem.

Edited by TerryLH

did you put your visa number on the entry slip,?

fredtitm

That is a good point, if you did not care and did not write that you entry Thailand with a Visa, fill the Entry form in the right way, the Immigration officer was not aware, that you had a valid Visa and acted with giving you only 14 days allowance to stay.

Edited by ALFREDO

You are now on overstay.

I hope so.

My advice chill brother and listen to the advice that's been given as ya requested. These guys no there stuff

• 2 weeks later...

You are now on overstay.

I hope so.

You were right lite beer,sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say you were wrong.Basically i thought you were just to put the frighteners on me but i was wrong.I forgot i was in thailand for a while then, anyway i went to the immigration office in Hua Hin with my wife she had a word with one of the officers outside showed the passport,explained the situation she said it would be ok but at the time we didnt have the departure card with the passport the officer said if you cant find it you have to go to the police station to get something similar and come back OR (whispering) i can sort this out for 500bht,we found it and it wasnt a problem but it felt like we were down walking st in pataya all of a sudden.

Anyway we gets in there and the lady officer says your on overstay you have to pay 20,000 baht or go back to nong khai and get them to stamp it correctly OR i can do it for you now under the table for 3000bt,the wife was doing the negotiating and got her down to 2000bt.I didnt get involved i just paid the 2000bt plus the 1900bt visa fee and she corrected the mistake and stamped me until the 16th of april and off i trundled.

lesson learned

"Be polite and act dumb.smile.png"

I don't know about the polite part, but the rest...shouldn't be a problem.

I don't think an entitlement attitude will go over very well with immigration.

It might be their mistake, but it's your problem.

we all make mistakes,like your shitty reply,that took alot of imagination.

welldone

• Like 1