Three Days' Extension?

Howdy,

I have a non-imm O visa. Need just three more days! Planning to go back home three days after the day I'm supposed to leave. Dont want to overstay. Have a simple question about whether I can get permission to stay another few days.

The non-imm O visa is issued due to thai child, I am aware that I can permission to stay longer by going to some office and doing some paperwork, but I've seen the description of what's required for that, too much paperwork, I'd rather not do it.

My question is, is there a simple way to just get an extra three days? Some kind of kinder, gentler process for just extending the 90-day stay by another 3 days?

Thanks for any advice.

Based on your child you can get 60 days, by visiting with child and mother and their ID'cards, birth certificate and household registration books

But you can get 7 days without any paperwork (besides passport, form and ticket out of the country within 7 days). Cost is 1,900 baht. Just visit you local immigration office a few days before your permisison expires. Do not forget a print of your ticket!

Cool that's great to know. Thanks. I'll call and check it out. I looked into the longer extensions based on children before and it seemed too much paperwork. An extra few days would be great for 1,900 baht, a lot cheaper than a visa run, lol...

Just a couple of questions about the 7-day extension, is the TM.7 "Application for extension of temporary stay in the kingdom" the form that I want to fill out? And just to clarify, having been here 90 days on a non-imm O, I can get this 7 day extension? Am I still supposed to do the "staying over 90 days" registration thing if I leave on day 93 with this visa extension?

Thanks for any help.... much appreciated

Also I notice some people are saying there are services whereby people will take your passport & application, and ticket copy, and go to the office and get the extension for you.....

That sounds great, I dont fancy spending several hours waiting around in a busy thai office. Is there a reputable such service I could use? I dont want to pay someone to steal my passport, lol...

Also just to confirm, oversaying by 3 days isn't advised, right?......

I'm surprised that nobody has stated the obvious and most easy solution for you to just overstay by 3 days and pay 1500 baht when you leave. Everytime I have spoken to an Immigration officer this is what they have advised me to do and they will probably tell you the same when you go to get a 60 day extension of stay to use just 3 days of it.

I'm not advising you do that, I have never overstayed even 1 day before, but it does seem to be your best choice - just don't get arrested for anything or need medical care in those 3 days!!

What I would do if I was you is get the 7 day extension, the paperwork is easy but it involves going to immigration and potentially waiting around for a while to submit it.

Edited by KunMatt

Yeah Id rather not overstay, and I think its not good in general, who knows in the future I might want some kind of upgraded immigration status, not sure what the future holds, probably not good to have that on your "record" or marked in your passport.

Id definitely be interested in finding out if there is a reputable service that can wait on line for me. I found a post somewhere where someone said they hired a service to do it, cost 200 baht.... that would be a well spent 200 baht, as long as you actually get your passport back.

Yeah Id rather not overstay, and I think its not good in general, who knows in the future I might want some kind of upgraded immigration status, not sure what the future holds, probably not good to have that on your "record" or marked in your passport.

Id definitely be interested in finding out if there is a reputable service that can wait on line for me. I found a post somewhere where someone said they hired a service to do it, cost 200 baht.... that would be a well spent 200 baht, as long as you actually get your passport back.

If you insist on not overstaying, i think a visa/border run would be the quickest and most hassle-free way to get another 14 or 15 days.

"2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from TV android app.

If you insist on not overstaying, i think a visa/border run would be the quickest and most hassle-free way to get another 14 or 15 days.

"2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from TV android app.

How could travelling to a border, crossing, then crossing back be less trouble than going to an office to do some paperwork??

Im in bangkok, there's no border close enough to make that faster than going to an office here....

Question, is there a time frame within which it's best to submit this TM7 form? Ie, if I go a month ahead of time will they tell me to just get out in time, lol....? Should I wait until a week before visa runs out? Thanks for any adivce.

For a normal extension of stay you can do early and it starts at end of current stay but for the disapproved 7 days it would likely start on day you apply so it can only be done at last moment (depending on how many days you really need).

How could travelling to a border, crossing, then crossing back be less trouble than going to an office to do some paperwork??

Im in bangkok, there's no border close enough to make that faster than going to an office here....

Depends on the situation. It looks like the extension this person is qualifying for is much more straightforward than having to have money in a bank for xx months and other documentation for marriage/retirement. Not sure how long you must wait at the bangkok immigration office and or what paperwork is required. A visa run can last several hours, but the process is simple. Stamp out thailand, stamp in/out of border country, stamp in to thailand; no questions asked.

Any advice about day / time of day to go, to get in and out fast? I'm looking at goign to the immigration office in Sathorn. I'm guessing early in the morning is best? Or is that just my impression that I dislike getting up early so I'm thinking everyone else will think the same? :)

thanks

Any advice about day / time of day to go, to get in and out fast? I'm looking at goign to the immigration office in Sathorn. I'm guessing early in the morning is best? Or is that just my impression that I dislike getting up early so I'm thinking everyone else will think the same? smile.png

thanks

You must go to Chiang Wattana Road, not to Suan Plu (Sathorn)

Wow that place is a madhouse. I can see how a border run could start being competitive with waiting there all day, lol.... took me almost 4 hours.

Anyway mission accomplished, but funny thing is, the stamp they put in my passport says "Application for extension of stay is not approved. Applicant must leave country by <new date>". They gave me the 7 days as I requested. Looks like they either used the wrong stamp, or that was just the most convenient stamp around, as most non-imm O applicants are asking for longer extensions. Maybe they didnt have an appropriate stamp for just a 7 day extension?

Is there any negative implication of having this stamp in the PP, ie, it looks like I was denied extension of stay before? They actually approved my request, I filed a TM7 form asking for a 7 day extension and that's what they gave me..... Would it look odd in the future if I do in fact apply for a year long extension or something like that, and they see the stamp saying "Application for extension denied"?

They used the right stamp - it is a disapproved extension of stay (there is no 7 day extension allowed by regulations) but allows you 7 days to depart so in effect it the same thing. See my post #14.

I see, got it. Is this a negative thing to have in the passport, or doesnt matter?

Just as paid overstay stamp is not viewed as negative this is also not so viewed - and in this case it is a formal paid method to allow such short term stays so do not believe it will be viewed as a negative in future either. I won't qualify for the Olympics either. It may sound negative; but it is just a fact.

• Like 1

Just as paid overstay stamp is not viewed as negative this is also not so viewed - and in this case it is a formal paid method to allow such short term stays so do not believe it will be viewed as a negative in future either. I won't qualify for the Olympics either. It may sound negative; but it is just a fact.

Ok cool thanks for the advice. It was much easier for me than going to a border.