Just Moved To Pattaya

merlen10002

1. We need your location in Pattaya

2. What facilities do you want/need to use in the gym

3. Need 24hour access?

4. There is no monthly contracts like you see in the west, everything is paid upfront. You will find that the longer the membership, the much greater the value ( ie a yearly membership is only marginally more expensive than a 3 month etc)

5. Are you a neat/clean freak? Some Phony Phitness gyms here are nasty

I use a "fitness first type gym" called California Wow so suppose I can't comment. I gave up on real gyms after my Tony's membership expired. I have fantastic workouts at California Wow, but it's not for everyone - very busy most of the day and night.

If you want to pay daily and slum it - try Tony's. He has them all over town and one is open 24 hours. Bring your own water and prepare to sweat it out as he's very frugal in using his air conditioners.

Edited by tropo

Pattaya covers a big area so it would probably depend which part of town you're in. On the dark side there's an excellent gym called Castra Gym and Fitness on top of Soi Kao Talo. If you're in town there's Tony's and California Wow.

Royal Cliff Hotel has separate fitness facility. At least a couple of years ago you could pay by day week or month and didn't have to be guest in hotel. Small but quite decent gym including use of sauna, pools and a 3 hole golf practice.

Tony's on the corner of South and Third roads is 39 baht a visit. It is open-air, which I prefer to air-con. I've never been as I have a gym at my condo. Probably need to bring your own towel too.

....and if you train here don't forget your oxygen mask. You're right on one of the busiest corners in town. You'll be breathing in a lot of car fumes.

I noticed a trait at Tonys gyms and it is a phenomena I've never seen before. Some idiot will finish his set of 10 then walk slowly and in his eyes manly around the gym almost like a peacock, glancing at himself in the mirror walking around the complete gym in circles, its f'ing annoying, don't these coc* heads realize they look complete and utter wan*ers.

Edited by VeraLynn

For me personaly I like Tony's.

I bought Lifetime membership back at the end of 07 for 20K, I have

probably used it over 1000 times since then. Not bad value.

But as mentioned the equipment is getting on and there is no

complimentary water now. But I like the 24hr service at the main gym

and the fact there are 7 gyms throughout the city that all come under

the one membership.

If I remember correctly, Fairtex on North Pattaya Road seemed to have all kinds of time periods covered from daily, weekly, monthly, quartly, biannually and annually.

I think there is also 2 types of pass, one for the fitness complex (gym, tredmill, weights, etc) and one for the sports stuff (tennis, swimming, etc).

Definitely worth visiting the place to clarify details and see if they have any promos.

I noticed a trait at Tonys gyms and it is a phenomena I've never seen before. Some idiot will finish his set of 10 then walk slowly and in his eyes manly around the gym almost like a peacock, glancing at himself in the mirror walking around the complete gym in circles, its f'ing annoying, don't these coc* heads realize they look complete and utter wan*ers.

It's not a Tonys gym thing. You'll get one or two in every gym. You obviously haven't been down to California Wow - it's far busier than any Tonys gym and you'll get to see lots of your "friends" in there. Just block them out and concentrate on what you're doing.

I find this comment connecting to my observation at California Wow in the evening when the gym rats and grunters show up. True, they can bench press 300 pounds or more... do curls with the heaviest weights; yet, cannot get the strength to put the dumb bells and free weights away on the rackets--by 8pm the place is cluttered with free weights all over the place.

It's not a Tonys gym thing. You'll get one or two in every gym. You obviously haven't been down to California Wow - it's far busier than any Tonys gym and you'll get to see lots of your "friends" in there. Just block them out and concentrate on what you're doing.

This is what happens after you hear that you're a "hansum man" a few hundred times a day.

(I've sometimes burst out laughing seeing some of the guys who were just called that or "sexy man.")

I find this comment connecting to my observation at California Wow in the evening when the gym rats and grunters show up. True, they can bench press 300 pounds or more... do curls with the heaviest weights; yet, cannot get the strength to put the dumb bells and free weights away on the rackets--by 8pm the place is cluttered with free weights all over the place.

Yeah, guys leaving DB's all over the place is one of my pet peeves too. In actual fact most of these idiots cannot bench anywhere near 300 lbs and don't lift heavy. I'm often amazed how weak these "grunters" really are. Serious lifters who ARE strong are usually the guys who put their stuff away. It's the pretenders who don't.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

Fairtex Sports Club, best I have found in Pattaya...Google or pm me if you want details.
The details would be of general interest. Why not post them here?

Their website is very informative and comprehensive. If anyone has a specific question they want answered, they can pm me.

How do you pretend to bench 300 lbs? wink.png

The "pretenders" I was referring to don't bench 300 lbs, however, to get technical, you can really pretend to bench 300 lbs in a number of ways:

1. Bounce it off the chest with back arched and a** high off the bench.

2. Have someone help you up with the weight.

what's the going rate for the VIP (or diamond of whatever) membership? I mean the one that's good for most of the clubs in Bangkok, and the ones in Patttaya and Chiang Mai. Also allows you to bring a friend and if the gym has towel service, you get towels. And the classes of course.

I'd heard 24K with 100 baht renewals. Wonder if other people got a better price or maybe like 20K + 1K renewals?

Pattaya covers a big area so it would probably depend which part of town you're in. On the dark side there's an excellent gym called Castra Gym and Fitness on top of Soi Kao Talo. If you're in town there's Tony's and California Wow.

+1. great Gym, not too busy and you can pay as you go.