Police Report

Had my phone stolen Friday Am at Samui Airport around 5:15 am

I just returned to Samui, went to Natorn police station to file a report for my insurance company.

They told me I had to file the report in Menam.

As a long time resident and my first visit to the Natorn Police Station, it was not reassuring

The funny thing is i do not believe they understood what I wanted or really cared, no one seemed to understand English.

The Natorn Police station is a disgrace. It reminds me of a Mexican village police station in the 1960's.

Or did I wander into the wrong place, there are certianly no signs if some one need help.

What a shame that our guests and tourists who need help have to see this, so much for good impressions.

the island is divided in three parts regarding police administration, lamai, chaweng, nathon, in your case it is the chaweng police where you should fill the report however as the BIB are also mexicans there, the best option is to do the report at the tourist police at samui town, staff is very good and report will be done within minutes and with money asked for the report.

i used touriste police to do a report for my lost driving license.

why would you file a report in naton when they have moved the main police station to chaweng? ( the naton station has been demolished )

anyway, as a forigner, you must report anything lost or stolen to the Tourist Police , they are located in Samui Town Centre...

also , i would get your story straight, as why would you been in samui airport at 5.15 am ( just arrived back ) as the first flight doesnt arrive in Samui airport untill 7.05 am ! ( they are very heavy with people claiming insurance fraud ! )

Edited by Boater

Thanks for the information about where to file the report, didn't know.

As for 05:15 at the airport, I was paying for my ticket at least 2 hours prior to departure. My flight was at 8;am

Been a card holder on BKK air for over 10 yeras and they still want payment long befor the filght and if you live in Natorn it is a bit out of the way.

No place to pay here in Natorn.

Thanks agian for the information.

<deleted> is samui Town

As you asked so politely tongue.png Samui Town Center is on the ring road between Bophut and BigC and is where the Tourist Police are located.

And for the OP, the TP will happily do a report for you at no charge. The report will be acceptable by just about any insurance company even though it is in Thai. They may ask you to leave the charger with them to prove the phone is no longer in your possession. In the past some people have claimed to have had their iphone and ipad and camera and everything else stolen, only to be seen using them the next day. I am not accusing you of this ... just pointing out that it may be needed to get the report.

the island is divided in three parts regarding police administration, lamai, chaweng, nathon, in your case it is the chaweng police where you should fill the report however as the BIB are also mexicans there, the best option is to do the report at the tourist police at samui town, staff is very good and report will be done within minutes and with money asked for the report.

i used touriste police to do a report for my lost driving license.

Sorry, wrong post!!!!

Edited by Eric1949

"...anyway, as a forigner, you must report anything lost or stolen to the Tourist Police , they are located in Samui Town Centre.

I don't know about "must," as they are not actual law enforcement, and for insurance purposes, you need to report to the local law enforcement agency.

If you think this has anything to do with ever recovering your phone, you are wrong, you know that.

I too would be interested in how your phone was stolen at such an hour when it must have been all but deserted.

"...anyway, as a forigner, you must report anything lost or stolen to the Tourist Police , they are located in Samui Town Centre.

I don't know about "must," as they are not actual law enforcement, and for insurance purposes, you need to report to the local law enforcement agency.

If you think this has anything to do with ever recovering your phone, you are wrong, you know that.

I too would be interested in how your phone was stolen at such an hour when it must have been all but deserted.

the only reason i say ' must ' is the normal BIB will always say to go there, plus for insurance purposes, the tourist police write the report in thai and english ..

but as you mentioned above, i would also like to know how the phone was ' stolen ' , as the place is covered in CCTV, and i would think to be the last place to get a phone stolen !,

maybe the OP just lost it? ,

It isq split into 2 sections tip part school just before manama post office to laminitis covered by both put police station which funnily enough is in challenging near petchbuncha boxing stadium.

The other part of the island is covered by nathon.

They were probably we're not bothered if u were in the police station. Not your fault but the police probably could not be bothered to explain how the system works. In which case they probably did not care about your case.

Nathon police station is in the process of being re built so it is a tempers office