UK pensions

165064_128427217220473_1825598_n.jpg?oh=

URGENT NOTICE!!!! There İs a televİsİon electİon debate İn the UK on Thursday nİght chaİred by Davİd Dımbleby. The panel comprıses the leaders of the Labour, Lİberal, SNP, Greens, Ukİp and Plaid Cymru and questİons are İnvİted. Please email your questİon about pensİon freezİng - especıally İf İt İs a factor İn eİther emİgratİng from the UK or havİng to return there for fİnancİal reasons - to the followİng: [email protected] as soon as possıble. THE MORE EMAILS THEY GET THE MORE CHANCE OF THE SUBJECT GETTING ON AIR!!!!
  • Like 2

I really do hate being a wet blanket ,but you have two hopes and one is Bob,they have just taken away our right to using the national health,do you honestly think that they will give you a pension rise ?

No, but it wont be through not trying, if we all adopt that attitude then nothing will get done, the cause is gaining momentum all the time, its all about keeping at it, keeping it in the public domain and not accepting what they say as face value.

The easy route is say nothing and accept, or we can all do our bit and spend a few minutes to continue to highlight the campaign.

Edited by Expattaff1308
  • Like 2

EX PATS,

By definition , you have chosen to leave your motherland , Britain .

Consequently you spend your pension and savings in a foreign Country ,

you are not supporting the UK economy , your choice .

In summary , how can you expect any future British Government to be concerned about your pension increments ,

or indeed your well being.

• Like 1

EX pats ,

you have chosen to leave your homeland , Britain .

and you now spend your pensions and savings in the country of their choice , Thailand .

Freedom of choice.

How can you expect any future UK Government to be concerned ,

about your well being , and about any increases to your Pension.

The future , be a real ex pat .

submit your UK passport , and relax knowing your new found mother land ,

Thailand will take care of you .wai2.gif

Edited by elliss

....And!

How many pensioners living in the LOS continue to financially support their UK based children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews, I for one provide financial support to my older sister and my niece, all of which is spent entirely in the UK.

I really do hate being a wet blanket ,but you have two hopes and one is Bob,they have just taken away our right to using the national health,do you honestly think that they will give you a pension rise ?

Taken away our right to use the NHS?

I believe it's just going exactly the other way a more lenient policy for expats already fully discussed and prepared and ready for instatement.

First time I quoted myself.....

Anyone know has this new health policy been enacted yet?

I remember quite some time ago it was all over but the fat lady was waiting to sing.

I believe it's just going exactly the other way a more lenient policy for expats already fully discussed and prepared and ready for instatement.

Sorry do you keep up with the news ,thats been kicked into touch ,now we will only be entitled to emergency treatment while in the UK heart attack ect ,and we will be required to pay.

165064_128427217220473_1825598_n.jpg?oh=

The International Consortium of British Pensioners (ICBP)

Courtesy of Andy Robertson -Fox.URGENT NOTICE!!!! There İs a televİsİon electİon debate İn the UK on Thursday nİght chaİred by Davİd Dımbleby. The panel comprıses the leaders of the Labour, Lİberal, SNP, Greens, Ukİp and Plaid Cymru and questİons are İnvİted. Please email your questİon about pensİon freezİng - especıally İf İt İs a factor İn eİther emİgratİng from the UK or havİng to return there for fİnancİal reasons - to the followİng: [email protected] as soon as possıble. THE MORE EMAILS THEY GET THE MORE CHANCE OF THE SUBJECT GETTING ON AIR!!!!

Done ( but you knew that didnt you Taff!) :)

• Like 1

Sorry do you keep up with the news ,thats been kicked into touch ,now we will only be entitled to emergency treatment while in the UK heart attack ect ,and we will be required to pay.

Proof from a reliable source, please.

EDIT: and don't PM me with your posts.

Edited by chiang mai

Look in Camerons message to expats below this thread.

Look in Camerons message to expats below this thread.

Please provide a link.

I find this quite disturbing if what you suggest is true a backflip has occurred recently contradicting previous statements......one with important repercussions.

I found this on the CAB website...it is also confusing:

”You are entitled to free NHS hospital treatment if you are one of the following people and fall ill during your visit. You are not entitled to routine treatment for a pre-existing condition.

You are entitled to receive free NHS care if you:

get a UK state retirement pension or another state benefit and normally live in a non-EEA country. You must have lived lawfully in the UK for at least ten years continuously in the past, or worked for the UK

(I have erased stuff not relevant to us here)

Maybe there's now a glimmer of hope for expats getting the rise in the State Pension, since they've just discovered a massive oil find, under Gatwick Airport.

That came out a couple of months ago but little has been said. With the current price of oil there is a question mark regarding cost of extraction. The ME can get it out for a couple of dollars a barrel and with Iran trying to get back into the market it is not looking particularly viable.

EDIT: and don't PM me with your posts.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-rules-to-improve-overseas-visitors-contributions-to-nhs-care

”You are entitled to free NHS hospital treatment if you are one of the following people and fall ill during your visit. You are not entitled to routine treatment for a pre-existing condition.

get a UK state retirement pension or another state benefit and normally live in a non-EEA country. You must have lived lawfully in the UK for at least ten years continuously in the past, or worked for the UK "

I have decided I think I know what this means.

It means if you get a state pension you can get NHS care for all but routine pre existing conditions. So I reckon for eg if you had a serious episode of any kind you are entitled......and it would make ethical sense to not withhold this from pensioners who have paid into the system after all.

What I reckon they are avoiding is routine non-vital stuff.

Well it's at least somewhat comforting.....

Think this deserves looking further into the detail.

The other question is if you have been in Thailand for say a decade or two and you sign into a GP in Winchester or Chester who's to say what was pre-existing?

Edited by cheeryble
  • Like 1

get a UK state retirement pension or another state benefit and normally live in a non-EEA country. You must have lived lawfully in the UK for at least ten years continuously in the past, or worked for the UK "

I have decided I think I know what this means.

It means if you get a state pension you can get NHS care for all but routine pre existing conditions. So I reckon for eg if you had a serious episode of any kind you are entitled......and it would make ethical sense to not withhold this from pensioners who have paid into the system after all.

What I reckon they are avoiding is routine non-vital stuff.

Well it's at least somewhat comforting.....

Think this deserves looking further into the detail.

The other question is if you have been in Thailand for say a decade or two and you sign into a GP in Winchester or Chester who's to say what was pre-existing?

I'm not sure that (most) UK pensioners are still entitled to free treatment on the NHS...

From https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-rules-to-improve-overseas-visitors-contributions-to-nhs-care

People living outside the EEA

People who live outside the EEA, including former UK residents, should now make sure they are covered by personal health insurance, unless an exemption applies to them. Anyone who does not have insurance will be charged at 150% of the NHS national tariff for any care they receive.

Exemptions

There are several groups of people who are exempt from charging, or entitled to free care because they remain ordinarily resident here despite spending time outside the UK. UK Crown servants, British Council or Commonwealth War Graves staff, those working in UK government-funded posts overseas, and the spouse/civil partner and children under 18 of these people, are exempt from charging if they were ordinarily resident prior to leaving the UK for that purpose. Those who were not ordinarily resident in the UK before taking up such a post will be charged.

There is also no change for armed forces members, war pensioners and armed forces compensation scheme recipients and their families, who are not required to have formerly been an ordinary resident of the UK.

Another interesting page here... http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/movingabroad/Pages/Introduction.aspx

"If you are moving abroad on a permanent basis, you will no longer be entitled to medical treatment under normal NHS rules. This is because the NHS is a residence-based healthcare system. You’ll also have to notify your GP so that you and your family can be removed from the NHS register".