UK pensions

mrmazinkle

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/15/2018 at 5:07 PM, billd766 said:

If you want to stay in Asia with a full pension go to the Philippines - reciprocal agreement ie full pension there.

<snip>

What do I do with my Thai wife and son?

Died a death this thread not much to add actually 'cept where to relocate to escape the farce of supposed frozen pension,cannot believe majority of OAP are frozen,surely to god they have more gumption.,survival of the fittest,perhaps all dead,lack of means of taking care of oneself

Yes looking at ins and outs ,in the autumn of our lives Asia is a no-go,got to be Lanzorte,somewhere in the hinterland,got mutts though,bit difficult a problem

7 hours ago, pastprime said:

Died a death this thread not much to add actually 'cept where to relocate to escape the farce of supposed frozen pension,cannot believe majority of OAP are frozen,surely to god they have more gumption.,survival of the fittest,perhaps all dead,lack of means of taking care of oneself

Yes looking at ins and outs ,in the autumn of our lives Asia is a no-go,got to be Lanzorte,somewhere in the hinterland,got mutts though,bit difficult a problem

I am quite happy here living in reasonable comfort in may wife's house on 16 rai and my expenses are not that high.

If I were to go and live elsewhere I would have to find a country that my wife and son would like (and that they could get a visa for), pay rent for the rest of my life, buy another car, change my whole life style for the sake of a few extra quid that I will be taxed on anyway.

In life its not easy to cherry pick the best of all the possibilities, you need to make a pros and cons list and see where it takes you. Its not perfect here, just ask the PM, nowhere is and nice though the Canaries are, the view we see from here and the reality of life when you get there could be very different. I see the UK as I would like to see it, the real UK with my tilt for the better, the truth is when I go back I see how it has changed and I would not want to go back there full time, its not the country I grew up in, its only the older British who say sorry and excuse me these days, manners have gone and standards have dropped.

Pastprime if you are thinking of a move I would suggest you take a month or more to go and have a good look round and see if its all its cracked up to be.

1 hour ago, nong38 said:

In life its not easy to cherry pick the best of all the possibilities, you need to make a pros and cons list and see where it takes you. Its not perfect here, just ask the PM, nowhere is and nice though the Canaries are, the view we see from here and the reality of life when you get there could be very different. I see the UK as I would like to see it, the real UK with my tilt for the better, the truth is when I go back I see how it has changed and I would not want to go back there full time, its not the country I grew up in, its only the older British who say sorry and excuse me these days, manners have gone and standards have dropped.

Pastprime if you are thinking of a move I would suggest you take a month or more to go and have a good look round and see if its all its cracked up to be.

All this is true,but I just want to wake up and find its all a bad dream being here,had enough.

anyway just entered ,bought a ticket UK lottery.5.1 million tonight(yes I know the rules),gives hope for sure...take the damned dogs,myself and off into the unknown,with money it gives choices,without none.  Got a few bob,just glad thought of house purchase did not take hold,might even take Thai girlfriend as illegal ,she takes good care..tonight? heres hoping

I read the article and I read that the M.P's are asking only for the yearly pension increases and not the updating of frozen pensions to the full pension that all in England now get.

Correct me if I am wrong but it reads to me that people like mrs Puckeridge will still get just 72 pounds a week but will only get whatever the increase in pensions is yearly .

8 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Look at the readers comments

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

21 minutes ago, billzant said:

p414 I suspect it is a compromise measure.

"Annulling the Up-rating Regulations would introduce annual up-rating to all currently frozen pensions going forward, but from their current rate only, rather than first making up frozen pensions to “as UK” rates." I agree with your assessment about Anne's payments, p414.

Taken from http://frozenbritishpensions.org/a-solution/

If so then this is an insult to all of us that have had national insurance deducted [compulsory] for up to 44 years to qualify for 'full state pension'

Basically if all the govt did was give yearly rises on the pension you are now getting,it would mean that anyone leaving now on a full pension would be ok,but guys that have been abroad for years would just get rises on the pension they now have, that would be a real cop out as most will be dead in a few years .

50 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Basically if all the govt did was give yearly rises on the pension you are now getting,it would mean that anyone leaving now on a full pension would be ok,but guys that have been abroad for years would just get rises on the pension they now have, that would be a real cop out as most will be dead in a few years .

The cost of up rating in full is about the amount Hammond has given to fix potholes, I have great sympathy for the potholes its a miserable life!

A partial up rating is a cop out but it would be a start and one that could be built on so I would not be totally against it for that reason but they could afford more, just give the EU 38.5B.

I await a comment from the potholes.

1 minute ago, nong38 said:

The cost of up rating in full is about the amount Hammond has given to fix potholes, I have great sympathy for the potholes its a miserable life!

A partial up rating is a cop out but it would be a start and one that could be built on so I would not be totally against it for that reason but they could afford more, just give the EU 38.5B.

I await a comment from the potholes.

That's just the cost of the debt to bring things up to par, the cost in deficit terms going forwards is likely to be significant, especially given that the lines between income tax and NI are increasingly blurred. If it were a case of a one time hit to finances in order to bring everyone up to the same level that would be one thing, maintaining them at the new level is something else entirely.

Will be evident to DWP that an overnight free for all would occur,if partial uplift occurred,no chance., UK govt are quite happy for other govts. to pick up the bill for their citizens

When realisation takes hold and change of address is needed  to change individual status,DWP  have not the means, resources or will to go chasing,proof of life statements tell all

Problems mounting,if the visa extension requiresxxxxxx baht deposited every month from foreign source  that cancels out Transferwise,especially the baht might even go higher (doubt it)   IM not putting 800000 in Thai bank for sure,but Thai marriage is nothing,might marry the GF  bring it down to half the amount,do not really want the marriage bit tho          Someone did mention if pension goes direct into UK bank that cancels out life certificate as bank activity can be seen

4 hours ago, pastprime said:

Problems mounting,if the visa extension requiresxxxxxx baht deposited every month from foreign source  that cancels out Transferwise,especially the baht might even go higher (doubt it)   IM not putting 800000 in Thai bank for sure,but Thai marriage is nothing,might marry the GF  bring it down to half the amount,do not really want the marriage bit tho          Someone did mention if pension goes direct into UK bank that cancels out life certificate as bank activity can be seen

Not necessarily. Because they guarantee the amount you're transferring, once you've completed the transfer request with transferwise you get a fairly comprehensive receipt that shows, among other info, the exact amount, down to the last satang, of the transaction paid into your Thai bank, which should match.

Let's just wait and see exactly what requirements are needed by TI to use the income method in the future.

3 hours ago, sumrit said:

Not necessarily. Because they guarantee the amount you're transferring, once you've completed the transfer request with transferwise you get a fairly comprehensive receipt that shows, among other info, the exact amount, down to the last satang, of the transaction paid into your Thai bank, which should match.

Let's just wait and see exactly what requirements are needed by TI to use the income method in the future.

Transfer does not go directly into your Thai bank,it goes majority of times into TMB bank,then distributed,  needs direct deposit  from outside Thailand

2 hours ago, pastprime said:

Transfer does not go directly into your Thai bank,it goes majority of times into TMB bank,then distributed,  needs direct deposit  from outside Thailand

If you look at the Transferwise conformation receipt you get with every transaction it shows:

• Your personal details
  • The transfer ref number
  • date I initiated the transfer
  • Date Transferwise made the transfer
  • The amount in GBP 
  • The exchange rate to five decimal points
  • The amount being sent in Thai Baht, down to the last satang
  • The destination account in Thailand (acc holders name, name of the bank and acc number)
  • The method of transfer (eg: local bank transfer)
  • The initial Thai bank receiving the transfer and forwarding it on to my bank account (eg: Bangkok bank, TMB, etc it varies depending on the most efficient route taken)

Now, I think that's a fairly comprehensive list that traces the transfer from my account in the UK to Thailand.

My local Thai bank can then confirm:

• The date of transfer
  • The exact amount, down to the last satang
  • The Thai bank that transferred the money into my bank account in Thailand

That then completes a fully traceable route from my account in the UK to my account in Thailand.

Of course, at the moment, this is just pure speculation. As of now, TI haven't even confirmed an income option will even be available in the future, and if/when they do we will also find out what restrictions, etc, we will have to abide by.

This exercise is purely to show that it is possible to use Transferwise (and presumably other finance houses) and prove a transfer from outside Thailand.

2 hours ago, sumrit said:

If you look at the Transferwise conformation receipt you get with every transaction it shows:

• Your personal details
  • The transfer ref number
  • date I initiated the transfer
  • Date Transferwise made the transfer
  • The amount in GBP 
  • The exchange rate to five decimal points
  • The amount being sent in Thai Baht, down to the last satang
  • The destination account in Thailand (acc holders name, name of the bank and acc number)
  • The method of transfer (eg: local bank transfer)
  • The initial Thai bank receiving the transfer and forwarding it on to my bank account (eg: Bangkok bank, TMB, etc it varies depending on the most efficient route taken)

Now, I think that's a fairly comprehensive list that traces the transfer from my account in the UK to Thailand.

My local Thai bank can then confirm:

• The date of transfer
  • The exact amount, down to the last satang
  • The Thai bank that transferred the money into my bank account in Thailand

That then completes a fully traceable route from my account in the UK to my account in Thailand.

Of course, at the moment, this is just pure speculation. As of now, TI haven't even confirmed an income option will even be available in the future, and if/when they do we will also find out what restrictions, etc, we will have to abide by.

This exercise is purely to show that it is possible to use Transferwise (and presumably other finance houses) and prove a transfer from outside Thailand.

Again, it does not go directly  from a source outside of Thailand         Transfer does not go directly into your Thai bank,it goes majority of times into TMB bank,then distributed,  needs direct deposit  from outside Thailand     Makes no difference 'fully traceable'     Am damned sure immigration will sit down a while and trace your traceable source

Archived