Best Prices On A Laptop

luther

OS. I used LINUX cowboy.gif

not really a proud thing though since im on puppy, its the only os that i could install on my old pizza stone sturdy ibm without lagging it, actually pretty dam_n fast. but hey its free and i prefer that to the win7 basic on my acer netbook, cant even change wallpaper with that.

Edited by barefoot1988

• 1 year later...

Hey All

I've been out laptop shopping this morning and will probably buy something from Computer City/Plaza + Icon.

I've settled on either an Asus or Lenovo in the 15,000 baht region.

Does anybody have any last minute advice for me?

With thanks

scd

Yep just buy a macbook instead, within a couple of years if not sooner that laptop you buy will have slowed up so much you will be loo,ing to buy another

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hmm yes I have experience with Apple products, and I do know that they are certainly ahead in some areas. The whole iTunes restricted thing shits me though.

Also I'm only looking to pay 15,000 tops. Not sure i would be able to buy something at that price?

I just bought a samsung chromebook for 239 usd inc..

So what's that little over 7k? Where? Import tax? P and P? Get it yet? Apparently the Acer version is only 199 USD, but imported only???

Edited by wolf5370

that was from www.newegg.com. I was able to avoid sales tax by buying in a neighbor State; California. The Acer has a 320 HDD, the Samsung has a 16 SSD.......longer battery life due to no moving parts....smaller, has 1.7 ghz duo instead of 1.1 on Acer. I sold my last thinkpad in 1996, and finally made the move. Except for dirty backpacker in tanktop, the 10 thb per hour shops in CM have been great, and it's been great not traveling with more sheat, but.......now the hotels have free wi-fi.....bought a great case-logic case for 15. Microsoft might as well be a buggy whip company.......according to the Steve Jobs Bio, not only did BG never have an original idea, he would steal ideas from others; then take credit for them.

Tesco is worth checking out too.........was in there the other day and they were selling a 10" Acer netbook for 7200 baht

when u buy a computer in thailand it comes with a copy of xp installed............i have a genuine windows xp home disc unused with license code for one computer that i brought from UK but dont need it now i paid £30 for it off ebay so if u want it i will take 1500 baht which is cheaper than u can buy in thailand

I see where Microsoft os going to stop upgrades on XP. Trying to get people to upgrade to windows 7 or 8

Update! I ended up buying an Asus from one of the shops on the computer store strip on the North Gate side. All good so far. The place has several stores, and was running a big promotion. After two days of shopping around, it seems that that area is still the place to go.

Tesco is worth checking out too.........was in there the other day and they were selling a 10" Acer netbook for 7200 baht

when u buy a computer in thailand it comes with a copy of xp installed............i have a genuine windows xp home disc unused with license code for one computer that i brought from UK but dont need it now i paid £30 for it off ebay so if u want it i will take 1500 baht which is cheaper than u can buy in thailand

I see where Microsoft os going to stop upgrades on XP. Trying to get people to upgrade to windows 7 or 8

I'm still using XP in my desktop, but Win7 in my notebook. Frankly. I prefer XP. It may be slower, but .08 seconds is not to long a wait. And a notebook for me is just a travel convenience. Plus I can always check my e-mail on my phone if needed. Once I've settled in, I much prefer to use a desktop with a large monitor. I don't want to sit in a coffee shop and stalk the Internet. I'd rather do that at home. The tower system that I'm using was put together for me by the shop on the second floor of Computer Plaza 6 years ago. I've changed the video card since, added a USB-3 card and some external storage drives, but that's about all. Runs fine on XP, but I'm starting to notice that some of upgrades for the software I like for photo editing is no longer supporting it. I may have to bite the bullet and install Win7.