My Black Bamboo Tattoo Is Changing Blue!

17drchud17

Well, what does it say?

another Dumb farang ?

Too be honest Souty, thats not so far from the truth.

What did this guy want, a tattoo or a sak yant?

If it was a sak yant why did he go to a regular tattoo shop?

The only people who usually do these type of tattoos (sak yant) are monks, ajarns or rusei, the guy doing this isnt one.

This may impress the backpackers on KSR, or the hippy chicks and gap-year students on the Southern Islands who dont know any better.

In the third pic the OP loaded, why has the kata been completed before the rest of the sak yant, the kata is the last to be done.

I doubt if there are more than a handful of people on here who can read the kata (assuming its correct), Spencer is probably one, Sabajai over on the religious forum is possibily another, thats about it.

The writing (kata) isnt Thai, its Pali, written in old Khmer, there arent may Thais would know what it says.

If the OP paid more than one thousand baht, they saw him coming, of course the tattooist isnt going to tell the OP that, to them he is just another (dumb farang) customer.

This is a sak yant rip off with no magical/supernatural powers.

Is the OP aware of the "rules" that come with having a sak yant?

Judging by the length of his hair, the OP isnt military or police, the people usually associated with these type of tattoos.

Does the OP actually know the name of this sak yant?

Its called, suea koo, he can do his own research.

I am almost certain that design was ripped off from Ajarn Noo, the kata has probably been added later.

Best of luck to the OP, imagine sitting through that pain for at least 30 minutes.

They probably used dark blue color instead of black.

thats just what i was thinking ,tattoos do fade but usualy its over years ...not 5 or 6 days

i still dont understand why people let these guys in tourist areas tattoo them just because the prices are lower than usual

when i lived beside kao san rd i met a girl who got a badly tattooed elephant on her shoulder ,it didnt look anything like the picture on the wall

the shop refused to even give a discount shops like these really dont care since they get thousands of backpackers passing per day so they

dont have to worry about reputation or doing it welll

Couldn’t agree more.

Firstly I would never want a tattoo in the first place, but never mind.

There are many risks from having a tattoo in Thailand. HIV infected needles, bad ink and if something goes wrong, there are virtually no comebacks to the tattooist. This is why I would recommend only having tattoos done in the West.

20 years ago one of my female work colleges in Spain had a tattoo done of a rose in various colors on the left side of her back. This too after a few days faded into a murky light blue color.

What had happened was that the tattooist penetrated the skin too deep and most of the ink seeped into her bloodstream. After a time she had acute blood poisoning (Tetanus). She nearly died.

If you begin experiencing any muscle spasms, lockjaw or infections spreading on your body, get to the hospital double quick.

Well, what does it say?

It's from the ancient Pali language (only used for ceremonial purposes).

An auspicious phrase of goodwill and honor, especially concerning foreigners.

Pronounced: "Fa-rang kee nok."

happy.png

I just wanted a tattoo, I was told if I get a sak yant and broke the 5 basic rules of a bhuddist by taking intoxicants, taking life, theft, and whatever the other 2 were it totally defeats the purpose of the sak yant and it would lose the 'magicpowers' behind it or even cause bad luck. I intend to keep breaking most of their rules throughout my life so getting it from a temple was kinda out of the picture. He wrote the name down for me suea koo is correct and he basically told me it represents fearlessness, strength, power, and would ward off evil spirits or magic but his English was really not the best. I don't recall if it was another guy in his shop or some one else telling me the 2 lines under it were 2 from the hah taew yant, protection and luck but idk that might just be bull shit. Just curious what the translation would be if it isn't gibberish.

• Like 1

I just wanted a tattoo, I was told if I get a sak yant and broke the 5 basic rules of a bhuddist by taking intoxicants, taking life, theft, and whatever the other 2 were it totally defeats the purpose of the sak yant and it would lose the 'magicpowers' behind it or even cause bad luck. I intend to keep breaking most of their rules throughout my life so getting it from a temple was kinda out of the picture. He wrote the name down for me suea koo is correct and he basically told me it represents fearlessness, strength, power, and would ward off evil spirits or magic but his English was really not the best. I don't recall if it was another guy in his shop or some one else telling me the 2 lines under it were 2 from the hah taew yant, protection and luck but idk that might just be bull shit. Just curious what the translation would be if it isn't gibberish.

This sak yant sounds nasty.

Can it be treated with anti- biotics?