Best Bank Account In Pattaya These Days

bmanly

is it easy to open an account with Bangkok bank? as easy as Kasikorn? they will just take your hotel address as home address?. But I am worried about that what if they mail stuff to hotel and they get my mail and possibly will get to my banking info?

anyways in Thailand to take out money you must have passbook and signature right? if you don't have passbook there is no way you can take money out?

I am thinking that after US ends QE THB will depreciate a lot, so it's worth it to open an USD account. I need it anyways but what do you guys think? before the QE the THB was around 35, 36!!

So Kasikorn will let you open up an USD account...any other banks in Pattaya will let you do that?

thanks guys

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it easy to open an account with Bangkok bank? as easy as Kasikorn? they will just take your hotel address as home address?. But I am worried about that what if they mail stuff to hotel and they get my mail and possibly will get to my banking info?

anyways in Thailand to take out money you must have passbook and signature right? if you don't have passbook there is no way you can take money out?

I am thinking that after US ends QE THB will depreciate a lot, so it's worth it to open an USD account. I need it anyways but what do you guys think? before the QE the THB was around 35, 36!!

So Kasikorn will let you open up an USD account...any other banks in Pattaya will let you do that?

thanks guys

Yes, it's quite easy to open an account with Bkk bank while a tourist, but it will be only passbook/atm, no internet banking possible unless you can convince the manager that you are at least sort of a longer term resident.

Kasikorn is your best bet, no paperwork asked, only passport and an address (hotel OK). You'll get the works including internet banking, which includes a virtual credit card to shop online.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone update this info please? Which is the best bank to park a few mill at the moment?

SJ

i will send you my bank details

let me know when its been deposited

Well thank you very much.

As luck would have I just received an email from a Nigerian lawyer who informed me of the sudden death over there of a long lost uncle who left me $50M.

Your timing couldn't have been better

Can anyone update this info please? Which is the best bank to park a few mill at the moment?

SJ

i will send you my bank details

let me know when its been deposited

Well thank you very much.

As luck would have I just received an email from a Nigerian lawyer who informed me of the sudden death over there of a long lost uncle who left me $50M.

Your timing couldn't have been better

thats great Sid

send them my bank account details too

its at K bank, the best and easiest to join in these parts

See the pinned interest rate thread in the jobs/banking forum for more info.

A lot depends on your personal situation (visa) and whether you want instant access or not but if you do then Bank of Ayudhya/Krungsri is one of the best and quite simple to deal with.

Time deposits will depend above all on the term but Kbank, TMB and CIMB are usually quite competitive and should not be very hard to open an account with.

thanks guys

The bank will not send any (snail) mail and surelely no written account statements.

That is the difference to the western system: all transactions are printed in the passbook.

Ususally you get an ATM card which allows to withdraw money without the passbook.

If you are concerned you can probably aks to leave that out.

thanks guys

Bang of Ayudhaya/Krung Sri (The yellow ones) also do foreign currency deposit

But for hedging against devaluation, Kasikorn's pretty good, you can have your deposit linked to other index too, like oil or gold

For me K Bank is the best as you can apply for their virtual VISA - 'K Checkout Card' which works perfect for PayPal accounts.

This is great. They call it a web shopping card. They gave me a credit limit of 100 k straight off and I've used it many times to buy stuff off the web. It is a virtual VISA debit card as they give you the expiry date and security code.

I think Kasikorn is one bank really in tune to foreign customers' needs. Most branches are a pleasure to visit. Some branches don't even want you to fill in a deposit slip and send you straight to the teller.

Edited by tropo

thanks guys

I don't know for sure, but I think if you open a USD account you can transfer money to your Thai baht account (buy baht), but not the other way around (buy USD). You might have to physically withdraw baht, buy USD at a currency exchange and then deposit them on your USD account. This would be easy to do in Pattaya.

Edited by tropo

• 6 months later...

Tried opening account with kasikorn bank at central festival they wanted 10000 Baht for book 800 baht for card and something like 8000 baht for insurance I have Thai drivers license 90 day non o visa my passport and certificate of residence anyone know where something is a bit less hassle only want card with internet access transfer money and not insurance and passbook thanks if can get some ideas where to go down pattaya

K Bank, otherwise known as Kasikorn Bank.

Very easy to get all of the above on the spot. Any kind of Visa will do. No work permit requirement. No residence certificate required.

Branches and ATMs located all over Pattaya/Jomtien.

yes agree with that.

Been with K Bank for 5 years and never had the slightest problem.

K Bank, otherwise known as Kasikorn Bank.

Very easy to get all of the above on the spot. Any kind of Visa will do. No work permit requirement. No residence certificate required.

Branches and ATMs located all over Pattaya/Jomtien.

yes agree with that.

Been with K Bank for 5 years and never had the slightest problem.

Same here. Been with KBank about 7 years. KBank's online banking is flexible, powerful and secure as far as I know.

Another poster said KBank required 10,000 baht for a new-account passbook! That's craziness. Also that 800 baht ATM card has extra features, such as insurance and no-charge card replacement. Plus you pay an annual fee on top! Not worth it. Insist on the 150 baht basic ATM card. It's debit card too.

My home branch is on Pattaya Klang for Pattaya and on Sukhumvit at soi 33 for Bangkok. Excellent service in both cases.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

I went to another kasikorn bank today wanted 10000 baht for passbook 2500 for insurance and 800 for ATM card woah! My visa is 3 month non o and had other docs also, so should I tell them I only want k bank! Let us know I will try tomorrow if you can reply thanks

DaleSanthi

Maybe they meant that the minimum deposit to open that acount is 10,000 baht insurance for what ? you don't need that

ATM card up to you if you want one or not mine was 400 baht.

My step daughter opened a Kasikorn account at Central Pattaya Beach with 1000 baht 400 for the ATM card

so 600 deposited in the account as soon as account was opened she went to the ATM just outside the bank and withdrew 500 baht.

What account are you asking for ?

Edited by johng

• 1 year later...

To update

I think KBank @tukom or jomtien beach road ( soi 2or 3 ) are ideal for the OPS REQs

They are farang friendly, branch /online or telephone services

Eg last week i gave the wrong password trying to manually enter the password for the verified by visa purchase code (when booking air tickets 5 hours before dep )

(No power in phone SO NO OTP ETC )

My account was locked for security -all of it even ATM cash

AND I NEEDED the money in my account to purchase the tickets and hoped i could use the KBank debit Visa for hotels/shopping in. SINGAPORE

A 5 min (in eng) call to the callcenter @5.30am enroute to airport , with the correct answers to my security Questions put it the acc back in operation and my Thai ! Debit VISA is working at Singapore atms/ shops/hotel etc

I think its pretty good service from a Thai Bank

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Tapatalk

To update

I think KBank @tukom or jomtien beach road ( soi 2or 3 ) are ideal for the OPS REQs

They are farang friendly, online or telephone services

Eg last week i gave the wrong password trying to enter the for the verified by visa (when booking air tickets

Not for me, walked out,, they just wanted to

sell me insurance.

Louts branch jomtien much better, but a bit small.

this was about 1year a go.

I do have an account at the lotus branch, ok for me