Shooting Accident ?

thequietman

Or in USA, or other countries where these dam_n things are allowed!

Guns? Or stupid people?

Take it from the source.........Hanwi felt the need to create a new login just to post that...............

I've been hunting for a LONG time and I can't recall ever seeing a flying boar...

Wooly_Mammoth.sized.jpg

European boars can exceed 600 pounds and weigh occasionally up to half a ton (1000 pounds).

Wild_boar.jpg

Asian boars seldom exceed 200 pounds at best. You just don't shoot at something unless you have a clear target. Any male pig is dangerous, but a big wounded boar is just plain evil. Pigs can absorb a LOT of lead before falling over if they are not hit in the correct place, or a major bone is destroyed. They are one of the toughest animals to kill with just one shot. That said however, panic and excitement are what causes 90% of hunting "accidents"

European boars can exceed 600 pounds and weigh occasionally up to half a ton (1000 pounds).

Wild_boar.jpg

Asian boars seldom exceed 200 pounds at best. You just don't shoot at something unless you have a clear target. Any male pig is dangerous, but a big wounded boar is just plain evil. Pigs can absorb a LOT of lead before falling over if they are not hit in the correct place, or a major bone is destroyed. They are one of the toughest animals to kill with just one shot. That said however, panic and excitement are what causes 90% of hunting "accidents"

Yer man there is doing a good job keeping a brave face after that boar landed on him. What altitude did he shoot it down from?

Wild_boar.jpg

Yer man there is doing a good job keeping a brave face after that boar landed on him. What altitude did he shoot it down from?

Naaaah, the guys a pig-me. drunk.gif
  • Like 1

It's not photoshopped, but just photographic perspective where you place the main subject close to the camera and move everything well back.

That's totally unlike the dangerous mutant chickens we have here in Thailand.

Ed_Layne_with_rooster.jpg

In my hunting days, only those experienced and trusted sportsmen were invited on the various hunts.

Having heard some of the tales, people taking sound shots at unseen prey, shooting a fellow hunter out of a tree stand (it was deer season), passing vehicle being shot, pointer dog shot, spotlighting and having no clue as to the animal whose eyes were in spotlight, shooting and bagging chickens while hunting pheasent, and many other rather far fetched but true stories, I gave up even being around the majority of so called sportsmen hunters.

This story of 3 wounds sound like a sound shooting, if it was accidental as claimed. or as mentioned he was using full auto selector and fired a 3 shot tap. Condolenses to those involved/affected

Might take the missus hunting tomorrow..

I take it that was her suggestion. You might want to cancel your life insurance, first...

SC

EDIT: Yes, officer, he was accidentally shot in a hunting accident

But the neighbours said they heard twenty shots.

Yes, a very bad accident...

• Like 1

This story about a hunter being accused of murdering his friend just because he shot thrice is fascinating. Having never owned a gun, or been hunting I am surprised by videos showing how quickly a semi-auto can fire. I've no idea what type of gun you use for hunting wild boar, probably not a handgun but maybe a semi-auto rifle? anyhow

video on youtube show LA cops shoot a man 10 times in less than 2 seconds. Scary stuff. Thrice whilst hunting seems plausible.

This story about a hunter being accused of murdering his friend just because he shot thrice is fascinating. Having never owned a gun, or been hunting I am surprised by videos showing how quickly a semi-auto can fire. I've no idea what type of gun you use for hunting wild boar, probably not a handgun but maybe a semi-auto rifle? anyhow

video on youtube show LA cops shoot a man 10 times in less than 2 seconds. Scary stuff. Thrice whilst hunting seems plausible.

except that in los those kinda guns are few and far between...and in fact rice farmin somchai is not really allowed any guns...so it was probably a home made job.

I used to use a trusty old 303 for pig hunting...