Daily Satellite Tv Updates

jsat

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would just like to give follow-on information to jsat recent post regarding CinemaWorld HD on Telstar 18.

Have watched this content for awhile. Free quality HD movies from around the world, in several languages, all with English language subtitle. No commercials, or image censoring.

http://cinemaworld.asia/

(Also, on Telstar 18 as part of D-Sky package is ETTV Foreign Movie, which is free programming. Quality English language movies, with Chinese subtitle. But, with commercial interruptions.)

Equipment required is a C-band dish and HD capable receiver.

Cheers

Edited by TwentyBaht
  • Like 1

jsat has previously posted regarding the Skynindo package Palapa D (113 E) being broadcast as FTA.

The package again became FTA around midnight last night.

And, the routine for many months now has been for the Skynindo package to be broadcast as FTA from Saturday midnight through Monday midnight each week. About, two days of free programming each week.

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skynindo.html

*Note that ESPN and Star Sports do remain encrypted.

But, all other channels are free, including ASN.

Would add also that the the Skynindo movie channels are not premium channels. Although, Haari Movie does have some English language movies. And, the HD channel is National Geographic (day)/Fashion Channel (night).

Aside from the Skynindo package, the "RCTI" channel, "O" channel, and "Global TV" channel on the Palapa D satellite do randomly broadcast free English language movies and American tv series "Macgruber" programs. But, with varying lengths of commercial interruptions.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Australia Network Pacific is moving from IS5 to IS18 this week

anetis5.jpg

Intelsat, the provider of satellite capacity to Australia Network (and Radio Australia) is launching new satellites which will affect the reception of these ABC services throughout the Pacific.

Between early August and end of September 2012, Australia Network will be transitioning from Intelsat 5 at 169° East to Intelsat 18 at 180° East. If you are presently receiving Australia Network from Intelsat 5, you will need to re-point your satellite dish to Intelsat 18 (IS18) and make changes to the satellite dish feedhorn from linear polarity to circular polarity.

Read the Rebroadcasters - Pacific information sheet (pdf) for more information about the change from IS-5 to IS-18. http://australianetwork.com/tuning/satellite_pacific_DTH.pdf

http://australianetwork.com/tuning/satellite_pacific_rebroadcasters.pdf

* Note this is where for years here in Thailand we have seen the extra live AFL games not played on IS8 or IS7/10

Edited by jsat

anetis5.jpg

Intelsat, the provider of satellite capacity to Australia Network (and Radio Australia) is launching new satellites which will affect the reception of these ABC services throughout the Pacific.

Between early August and end of September 2012, Australia Network will be transitioning from Intelsat 5 at 169° East to Intelsat 18 at 180° East. If you are presently receiving Australia Network from Intelsat 5, you will need to re-point your satellite dish to Intelsat 18 (IS18) and make changes to the satellite dish feedhorn from linear polarity to circular polarity.

Read the Rebroadcasters - Pacific information sheet (pdf) for more information about the change from IS-5 to IS-18. http://australianetw...pacific_DTH.pdf

http://australianetw...roadcasters.pdf

* Note this is where for years here in Thailand we have seen the extra live AFL games not played on IS8 or IS7/10

anetis5.jpg

Read the Rebroadcasters - Pacific information sheet (pdf) for more information about the change from IS-5 to IS-18. http://australianetw...pacific_DTH.pdf

http://australianetw...roadcasters.pdf

For the technology challenged amongst us, how do we check to see if we're connected to Intelsat 5?

I looked at the menu but couldn't find anything.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

For the technology challenged amongst us, how do we check to see if we're connected to Intelsat 5?

Regards

Will

The satellite 95% of Thailand uses is Intelsat 8 also called on older set top boxes, Panamsat 8 and PAS 8, so if it says any of these then you are OK, else a quick call to your satellite provider may be in order.

Edit: If you also had the rugby card from Australia Network then you are on Intelsat 8 / Pas 8 so no issue - as Intelsat 5 used a different system for the rugby.

Edited by jsat

Regards

Will

The satellite 95% of Thailand uses is Intelsat 8 also called on older set top boxes, Panamsat 8 and PAS 8, so if it says any of these then you are OK, else a quick call to your satellite provider may be in order.

Edit: If you also had the rugby card from Australia Network then you are on Intelsat 8 / Pas 8 so no issue - as Intelsat 5 used a different system for the rugby.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I'll get on it.

Regards

Will

With the OP's permission, will add an update regarding Thaicom 5 (78.5E) ku band.

Transponder 12314 V 30000

All Tongfang encrypted channels on this transponder are now being broadcast as FTA.

Channels are;

Animal Planet

Nat Geo Wild

Discovery Channel

Discovery Turbo

Discovery Science

Discovery HH

Discovery TLC

Fox Family Movies

• Like 2

With the OP's permission, will add an update regarding Thaicom 5 (78.5E) ku band.

Transponder 12314 V 30000

All Tongfang encrypted channels on this transponder are now being broadcast as FTA.

Channels are;

Animal Planet

Nat Geo Wild

Discovery Channel

Discovery Turbo

Discovery Science

Discovery HH

Discovery TLC

Fox Family Movies

Think they are channels from a Myanmar based operator.

Mpeg4 as well so suitable receiver needed

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

movedish.jpg

The OpenBox / SkyBox transponder list for satellites from 62.5e to 172e on the C and Ku bands (as we see them from here in Thailand) has been updated in the shop (free download) on this link http://jsat.tv/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=64

*Warning * if you have a clone box do not use it, as it will most likely brick all clone boxes and not our responsibility if that happens

longball53098,

Openbox clone? You can try the instructions in this URL;

http://www.ftaprofessionals.tv/openbox-s9-instructions/14911-how-find-out-if-your-openbox-skybox-not-clone.html

Verifying further will require looking inside the box. And, a bit of DIY.

But, a successful flash will be the ultimate test.

Edited by TwentyBaht

Just put in an IPM HD receiver for a Thai friend and it seems to be a very nice piece of kit!

Plays everything you throw at it, HD, mpeg4, h264 whatever.

Comes obviously with the ipm channels (on nss6), but it's actually a fully configurable fta receiver on top. At a glance most visible satellites are preprogrammed with all their transponders, and it has a clean easy interface to put in anything yourself.

All the diseq controls are there, so multiple or moveable dish no problem.

Has 2 usb ports, plays all your media from thumbdrive or external hdd.

Also is works as pvr when hdd attached.

Paid 2800 Baht, 65cm offset dish with universal lnb included.

Most installers ask 1000-1500 extra to install.

Ipm has pretty much everything your average Thai might want, over 100 channels.

There's 5 movie channels, of which 3 show Western movies, both Thai dubbed and original soundtrack available.

4 HD channels as well, but only the travel channels is in English.

• Like 1

Bye bye TVNZ, allot of kiwis will miss you in Asia

After many years of Kiwi ex-Pats being able to view TVNZ ONE News from the Intelsat 5 satellite, TVNZ will be leaving our Asian skies in the next few weeks.

TVNZ Pacific Service on Intelsat 5 is moving to:

Satellite: IS19

FREQ: 4145

SR: 4000

from the 5th of September at 16:30hrs NZST (10:30 local time).

I for one would like to extend my thanks for the service they also provided across the region enabling many ex-Pats. wives and families to keep up to date with what is going on in New Zealand.

http://tvnz.co.nz/news

tvnz.jpg

Solar outages over the next two weeks

During March and September of each year (also know as the Solar Equinox) for two weeks the Sun will move behind all the satellites you are watching and cause brief outages on your TV ranging from 5 - 15 minutes of black screens. If you do not see your satellite signals after 30 minutes then there is something else wrong.

This outage period is expected from 01SEP12 to 11SEP12 across all satellites in our Thai skies.

sun_out.jpg

• Like 1

movedish.jpg

Great radio channels still free after many years

Those of you who have visited our offices and heard the music playing it is from this JCSAT satellite with the following channels.

US New Songs & Chart

US Popular Songs

Sweet Love Songs

50 & 60 Popular Hits

R & B

Hiphop

Party Music

Rock Music

Jazz Vocal

Jazz Main Stream

Lounge

Enka

Japanese Popular Songs

J&T Station

Bossa Nova

Classical

Piano Easy Listening

Crystal Music

Soft Hearing

Season Music

Old Deck

Chinese Best Selling

Chinese Soft Songs

Chinese Classical Music

Children Music

Easy Listening

Birthday Songs

Wedding & Good Bye

Sweet Love Channel

Pop Music

Exclusive Channel

Exclusive Channel Napoli

Da Ai Radio

Exclusive Channel Audrey

Exclusive Channel KF

Crystal & Piano Music

Fashion Music

Soft Music

Exclusive Channel KG

Asia FM

Ufo Network

With the demise of DMX in a weeks time this is a great free alternative that many move dish users across the region have been using for the last 6 year plus. If you have a move dish on the C Band (not upset by the weather) you can tune them in to your system for free. More details on this link - http://www.lyngsat.com/JCSAT-3A.html and can be used with the starter pack on our web site.

Just put in an IPM HD receiver for a Thai friend and it seems to be a very nice piece of kit!

Comes obviously with the ipm channels (on nss6), but it's actually a fully configurable fta receiver on top. At a glance most visible satellites are preprogrammed with all their transponders, and it has a clean easy interface to put in anything yourself.

There's 5 movie channels, of which 3 show Western movies, both Thai dubbed and original soundtrack available.

a couple of questions:

...part # or of the new IPM box?

....using Thaicom2 on older IPM box excellent reception....so do I need separate dish and splitter or .. to receive NSS channels...I see them listed but signal weak

thx

d

a couple of questions:

...part # or of the new IPM box?

....using Thaicom2 on older IPM box excellent reception....so do I need separate dish and splitter or .. to receive NSS channels...I see them listed but signal weak

thx

d

Yes, you need a second dish (small 65 cm offset dish) for the nss channels.

You don't need a splitter but a diseq switch.

You will also need to set the ipm box correctly so it will control the diseq switch correctly.