Daily Satellite Tv Updates

jsat

Just put in an IPM HD receiver for a Thai friend and it seems to be a very nice piece of kit!

Plays everything you throw at it, HD, mpeg4, h264 whatever.

Comes obviously with the ipm channels (on nss6), but it's actually a fully configurable fta receiver on top. At a glance most visible satellites are preprogrammed with all their transponders, and it has a clean easy interface to put in anything yourself.

All the diseq controls are there, so multiple or moveable dish no problem.

Has 2 usb ports, plays all your media from thumbdrive or external hdd.

Also is works as pvr when hdd attached.

Paid 2800 Baht, 65cm offset dish with universal lnb included.

Most installers ask 1000-1500 extra to install.

Ipm has pretty much everything your average Thai might want, over 100 channels.

There's 5 movie channels, of which 3 show Western movies, both Thai dubbed and original soundtrack available.

4 HD channels as well, but only the travel channels is in English.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

a couple of questions:

...part # or of the new IPM box?

....using Thaicom2 on older IPM box excellent reception....so do I need separate dish and splitter or .. to receive NSS channels...I see them listed but signal weak

thx

d

Yes, you need a second dish (small 65 cm offset dish) for the nss channels.

You don't need a splitter but a diseq switch.

You will also need to set the ipm box correctly so it will control the diseq switch correctly.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

thanks for that .dseq switch is a smart splitter (from google)...what is the model # of the IPM box?

Have an old 1. 0m something dish should I bin it and buy a small offset dish or just buy another LNB?

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN & Star Sport started free to view on Telstar 18 C Band

Sorry for my limited experience of this, but is FREE TO VIEW the same as a broadcast with the soundtrack missing / all the time / some of the time?

Reason I ask is the hotel I'm staying in at the moment (bordering Thailand) has ESPN on it (not sure the satellite they use) and it only shows the video with occasional soundtrack in English or complete silence. What is the point of that one wonders? I would be keen to steer clear of such when making a choice of satellite TV of my own so was wondering how this kind of broadcast is defined? Much appreciate any feedback..

Sorry for my limited experience of this, but is FREE TO VIEW the same as a broadcast with the soundtrack missing / all the time / some of the time?

Free to view is simply the full channel free to view / free to air with no subscription required

Free to view is simply the full channel free to view / free to air with no subscription required

Thanks for feedback. What does one call a channel such as ESPN or Star Sports that is broadcast with no commentary in any language with ONLY the sound of event being shown? I would like to avoid such channels when deciding a satellite system purchase. Appreciate if you have any experience on this type of TV channel?

Currently my rented accommodation is showing such channels?

. What does one call a channel such as ESPN or Star Sports that is broadcast with no commentary in any language with ONLY the sound of event being shown? I would like to avoid such channels when deciding a satellite system purchase. Appreciate if you have any experience on this type of TV channel?

This is not the thread for this sort of SMATV support (you should start a new thread for it), but the issue would appear to be the audio set up of the set top. smply have someone reselect the correct audio channel albeit most likely not in English by the sounds of it and it will be on your distribution network.

. What does one call a channel such as ESPN or Star Sports that is broadcast with no commentary in any language with ONLY the sound of event being shown? I would like to avoid such channels when deciding a satellite system purchase. Appreciate if you have any experience on this type of TV channel?

This is not the thread for this sort of SMATV support (you should start a new thread for it), but the issue would appear to be the audio set up of the set top. smply have someone reselect the correct audio channel albeit most likely not in English by the sounds of it and it will be on your distribution network.

Sorry for wrong thread use, but appreciate your time to feedback. Understand more now.

Too bad someone like you doesn't live next door, and could come over and program the plastic box next to my TV every week or so. I'd trade fresh fruit and avos from my garden. As it is, I've got to go out and find some tech-savvy person to press the right buttons - and see if we can get some decent channels. I'm into science, nature, history, and news in English shows. Maybe some movies. Sports and most of the rest leaves me yawning.

Active sports feeds now 2pm on Asiasat 5 C band

Asian Tour Golf Selangor Masters - 3867-H-6111

One Asia Golf - High1 Resort Open Korea - 3753-V-7200 HD: 1080i

Taiwan Baseball COL v TPE : 3927-v-7120 HD: 1080i

Edited by jsat

FTA channel swap: NKH News and Australian Network on Telkom 1 C Band

The free to view channel named Australian network has swapped to channel named Inhouse1 and visa versa.

telkfta.jpg

Now huge signals across Thailand on Australia Network in MP4

• 4 weeks later...

sah_logo.jpg

Join our SETI@HOME team 'jsat.tv' on these links

http://setiathome.be...p?teamid=144235

and more about the project here

http://setiathome.be...y.edu/index.php

If you need help simply call us on 02.714.3551 and we will help (for free of course) where we can.

"The science of SETI@home

SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) is a scientific area whose goal is to detect intelligent life outside Earth. One approach, known as radio SETI, uses radio telescopes to listen for narrow-bandwidth radio signals from space. Such signals are not known to occur naturally, so a detection would provide evidence of extraterrestrial technology.

Radio telescope signals consist primarily of noise (from celestial sources and the receiver's electronics) and man-made signals such as TV stations, radar, and satellites. Modern radio SETI projects analyze the data digitally. More computing power enables searches to cover greater frequency ranges with more sensitivity. Radio SETI, therefore, has an insatiable appetite for computing power.

Previous radio SETI projects have used special-purpose supercomputers, located at the telescope, to do the bulk of the data analysis. In 1995, David Gedye proposed doing radio SETI using a virtual supercomputer composed of large numbers of Internet-connected computers, and he organized the SETI@home project to explore this idea. SETI@home was originally launched in May 1999."

Edited by jsat

This image may or may not be here all the time as it is a live demo from one of our office satellite systems see www.jsat.tv for more details

cam_1.jpg

Move dish on 32 satellites - tuned to anyone of the over 1,200 free to view channels (updates every minute or so)