Why Do Most Female Expats Dress Like Hippies.

maiphedmaiaroi

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I’m all in agreement with western women wearing hippy clothes, having a scruffy appearance and especially not wearing make-up. The thought of any human being having to slap paint on their face in different colours to feel confident enough to go out in public is, frankly, hilarious. If they are ugly surely they should be able to demonstrate the fact to everyone. Actually, they should be made to demonstrate the fact.

I am totally disgusted when from time to time I am exposed to the truly appalling sight of a farang couple walking hand in hand, especially when the woman is old enough to be his wife, and don’t even get me started on western men in their 20’s and 30’s with Thai women of similar age. Now that is so embarrassing to behold. Have they any idea how other people see them?

Let’s face it, women will never be equal to men, ...... well, not until they too are able to waddle down the street with a bald head, yellow teeth, hair growing out of their ears and nostrils, a beer gut, double or treble chin, sweat stained shirt, sandles with socks, nicotine stained fingers and food stained shorts........and still think they are sexy!

hit-the-fan.gif

Without a doubt the best post I've read on TV for a long time.

What do you mean by dressed like in the west, everything here is mega size. Thank god I brought my jeans with me to UK as the smallest size here seems to be too big. 28" jeans are proving really hard to find. On the bright side though I can wear my wellies. But you won't find me wearing those in Thailand.

You take care of them thar Rams when out in ur wellies on the moors.

I'm not an expat but I'm a student here and I don't live in a "Farang area"

I typically wear the university uniform, or wear short skirts or dresses (not hooker style tho), I never wear pants here because it's too hot..I wear some of the thai fashions/dresses but I always wear shorts underneath because I'm kind of tall compared to Thai girls

On my days off I don't really wear make-up just put on some sunglasses and wear shorts and a tshirt...and I've gotten in to the habit of wearing a sweater all the time to be polite..

Your brave walking around like that. Are you not worried about people seeing your vertigo smile or do you mean pants as in trousers.

maybe its not shaved so they couldnt see it anyway .........smile.png

LOL Oh well I'm American, where I come we normally use the word "pants" for "trousers" sorry to confuse you... sleep.png

I don't know where you're from but if you are talking about underwear, yes I wear it.

**edit -- and yes FYI I shave..unlike most Thai girls ... :/

Edited by ihunnieibee

Well, I’m all in agreement with western women wearing hippy clothes, having a scruffy appearance and especially not wearing make-up. The thought of any human being having to slap paint on their face in different colours to feel confident enough to go out in public is, frankly, hilarious. If they are ugly surely they should be able to demonstrate the fact to everyone. Actually, they should be made to demonstrate the fact.

I am totally disgusted when from time to time I am exposed to the truly appalling sight of a farang couple walking hand in hand, especially when the woman is old enough to be his wife, and don’t even get me started on western men in their 20’s and 30’s with Thai women of similar age. Now that is so embarrassing to behold. Have they any idea how other people see them?

Let’s face it, women will never be equal to men, ...... well, not until they too are able to waddle down the street with a bald head, yellow teeth, hair growing out of their ears and nostrils, a beer gut, double or treble chin, sweat stained shirt, sandles with socks, nicotine stained fingers and food stained shorts........and still think they are sexy!

hit-the-fan.gif

Without a doubt the best post I've read on TV for a long time.

LOL

People dress smart when going to the office. I don't know if you've noticed but it's rather hot out here. Then of course it's a sort of drop out the rat race statement, which is what they are doing. Can you be precise.. how do you want them to dress? Also, how do you yourself dress?

I find it to be refreshing and quite sexy! Those ladies are open minded enough to wear whatever they want without worrying/caring about what other people think. Plus I'm sure most western ladies are not here to pick-up guys for a 1 nighter like you gents anyway.

I don't see too many of you farangs gents dressed to kill either. Half of you are wearing those ugly-ass hawaiian shirts, shorts, flip flops with your beer belly hanging over your belt. At the same time you smiled with your big yellow cigarette stained teeth while thinking, "mann...I guess I am a handsum man, cuz the ladies at those bars told me so atleast 10 times"

c'mon now...you know its the truth.

Edited by Misplaced

I know several Western girls living here who compare pretty well with the locals in terms of looks and obliterate them in terms of fashion sense. Granted, they're not out there in large numbers but then again, neither are well-groomed, physically-fit Western men who can carry off contemporary fashion.

As far as Western women being unable to compete effectively with the local gals for Western male attention, why on earth would they want to? Have you seen the state of the majority of these jokers?

I have yet in almost 10 years here to see a western expat woman fixed up a bit while out, they mostly always look disheveled and unkempt which gives off a bad impression of shear laziness but I guess that's what has brought many here in the first place away from that sort of "could careless how I look take me or leave me the way I am" attitude that most western women have.

I see them all the time. Where have you been hanging out the past 10 years, Walking Street?

I have yet in almost 10 years here to see a western expat woman fixed up a bit while out, they mostly always look disheveled and unkempt which gives off a bad impression of shear laziness but I guess that's what has brought many here in the first place away from that sort of "could careless how I look take me or leave me the way I am" attitude that most western women have.

Well, shouldn't you take these Western ladies as they are? why would you want to take them as someone else?

Many of the replies I see here are from men whom I'd imagine are unable to find success in a relationship in their homelands and have found solace in the fact that their sexists and bigoted opinions are tolerated by someone with limited life choice.

I know several Western girls living here who compare pretty well with the locals in terms of looks and obliterate them in terms of fashion sense. Granted, they're not out there in large numbers but then again, neither are well-groomed, physically-fit Western men who can carry off contemporary fashion.

As far as Western women being unable to compete effectively with the local gals for Western male attention, why on earth would they want to? Have you seen the state of the majority of these jokers?

Very true - It should be compulsory for people making such posts in threads like these to accompany their comments with a photo of themselves.

Frankly, they don't even register on my radar... just as obese men don't register either. I've got selective vision and only focus on what I find attractive. I think sbk mentioned it somewhere that there are just as many fat, sloppy Thais, but we just don't notice them.

Well, shouldn't you take these Western ladies as they are? why would you want to take them as someone else?

Many of the replies I see here are from men whom I'd imagine are unable to find success in a relationship in their homelands and have found solace in the fact that their sexists and bigoted opinions are tolerated by someone with limited life choice.

And quite predictable, whenever there is even the slightest critical remark on Western women, immediatly the pussy-whipped White Knights jump into defense.

No, I won't comment about your success with women in your homeland. But I have quite a clear image.

• Like 1

Very true - It should be compulsory for people making such posts in threads like these to accompany their comments with a photo of themselves.

I think this is a brilliant idea!! It should be a new rule; before posting comments about how unattractive such and such women are, you have to post your own picture.

Since I have complied with this rule myself...I don't quite agree with the OP's comments. I think you might be hanging out in the more "hippy" areas. I mean if people are tourists on vacation, they may not want to wear makeup and dress up to impress total strangers. Kind of a different thing in the professional areas of BKK like Silom as opposed to KS road.

And quite predictable, whenever there is even the slightest critical remark on Western women, immediatly the pussy-whipped White Knights jump into defense.

No, I won't comment about your success with women in your homeland. But I have quite a clear image.

Rather a somewhat childish attempt at getting personal there GreenSnapper...

Respecting a lady by no means makes a pussy-whipped man. It does however establish those not intimidated by a lady of equality.

Please read my comments again. Rather than a defense of women, they are an attack on the opinions of some of the more bigoted posters.

Edited by richard_smith237

I think this is a brilliant idea!! It should be a new rule; before posting comments about how unattractive such and such women are, you have to post your own picture.

Since I have complied with this rule myself...I don't quite agree with the OP's comments. I think you might be hanging out in the more "hippy" areas. I mean if people are tourists on vacation, they may not want to wear makeup and dress up to impress total strangers. Kind of a different thing in the professional areas of BKK like Silom as opposed to KS road.

You dont agree with my comments because you failed to read the op correctly.

I stated that the areas i see western women are not tourist areas.

A few people are asking about what i wear or what do i look like?

Why? This is irrelevant. The thread is about my opinion that western women seem to let themselves go when they come to thailand. Expats i mean.

Its like they are travelling around india or something.

As i said it would be pleasant to see more women making a effect. I know its hot here but come on surely a nice flower patterned dress wouldnt make you sweat much more.

Now thats another one? Ever seen a farang lady not in a tourist area wearing a dress??? I havent.

• Like 1

A few people are asking about what i wear or what do i look like?

Why? This is irrelevant. The thread is about my opinion that western women seem to let themselves go when they come to thailand. Expats i mean.

Its like they are travelling around india or something.

As i said it would be pleasant to see more women making a effect. I know its hot here but come on surely a nice flower patterned dress wouldnt make you sweat much more.

Now thats another one? Ever seen a farang lady not in a tourist area wearing a dress??? I havent.

ive talked to (farang ) girls that cant find clothes that fit ,my ex gf was from south america

she wasnt fat but had a big ass and a good rack

she was unable to find jeans ,bras ,tops etc in the big c that could fit her kind of body

another old gf was german ,she also complained about the lack of clothes on sale she could wear

and also the shoes were not the right size either (flip flops yes ,but sexy kind of shoes no )

and she also could not get bras that she could wear

Seen a couple of blokes wearing them.....................

Yeah me to in foodland petchaburi rd. Short bobbed blonds wigs on too.

Farang ladyboys. Amazing. I think one even had stubble. giggle.gif

Edited by maiphedmaiaroi

What you actually said was "Walking or driving around bangkok daily i tend to see many female farangs. Usually walking alone and in areas that tourists dont go. This is why i think they are usually expats. Married to a thai man or teacher etc."

Pardon me for missing the part where you said you don't go into ex pat areas.

But you seem to have missed the part where I said "they may not want to wear makeup and dress up to impress total strangers"

The part where you say "This is why i think they are usually expats. Married to a thai man or teacher etc." may answer your own question.

If woman is married, has a boyfriend, or other relationship, there may not be a need to try and look attractive to a total stranger. For example, girls I am in a relationship with, will get dressed up when we go out...dinner, movie...all that stuff. However, when I am not around, when going to the grocery store, running errands, taking the car for an oil change, the dogs to the vet, etc., a pony tail, sweat pants and a t-shirt generally suffice. I see plenty of women do that in the United States.

If they're at work/business, then sure a woman will try to look good because it's professional. If she's going out for a night out to maybe meet someone, then she'll look good. However, if she is just doing the errands of her life, she might not want to be bothered. It does take a bit of time to do her hair and makeup, or even coordinate their "pretty flower dress" with the right shoes and purse (women spend more time coordinating than I think most men realize). Anyways it's like this, perhaps a woman does not want to spend the time or effort to be eye candy to a complete and total stranger? Especially when she's already in a relationship.

I think that is normal.

Edited by submaniac

ive talked to (farang ) girls that cant find clothes that fit ,my ex gf was from south america

she wasnt fat but had a big ass and a good rack

she was unable to find jeans ,bras ,tops etc in the big c that could fit her kind of body

another old gf was german ,she also complained about the lack of clothes on sale she could wear

and also the shoes were not the right size either (flip flops yes ,but sexy kind of shoes no )

and she also could not get bras that she could wear

I've heard the same comments repeatedly from large size western women.

But, a little off subject I DO look at the clothing offered for sale in markets because I like to bring things home for friends and family in Canada. I don't see much that would fit anyone. However, I love long, colourful dresses, or skirts on women and find them very feminine and sexy. I always comment how lovely women look who wear them. I like the white ones with bands of bold colour through the middle.

What you actually said was "Walking or driving around bangkok daily i tend to see many female farangs. Usually walking alone and in areas that tourists dont go. This is why i think they are usually expats. Married to a thai man or teacher etc."

Pardon me for missing the part where you said you don't go into ex pat areas.

But you seem to have missed the part where I said "they may not want to wear makeup and dress up to impress total strangers"

The part where you say "This is why i think they are usually expats. Married to a thai man or teacher etc." may answer your own question.

If woman is married, has a boyfriend, or other relationship, there may not be a need to try and look attractive to a total stranger. For example, girls I am in a relationship with, will get dressed up when we go out...dinner, movie...all that stuff. However, when I am not around, when going to the grocery store, running errands, taking the car for an oil change, the dogs to the vet, etc., a pony tail, sweat pants and a t-shirt generally suffice. I see plenty of women do that in the United States.

If they're at work/business, then sure a woman will try to look good because it's professional. If she's going out for a night out to maybe meet someone, then she'll look good. However, if she is just doing the errands of her life, she might not want to be bothered. It does take a bit of time to do her hair and makeup, or even coordinate their "pretty flower dress" with the right shoes and purse (women spend more time coordinating than I think most men realize). Anyways it's like this, perhaps a woman does not want to spend the time or effort to be eye candy to a complete and total stranger? Especially when she's already in a relationship.

I think that is normal.

So are you saying I'd be wasting my time putting on makeup and a dress for a trip down to 7-11 for a few cans of guinness?

I never wanted to be a hippy, the great unwashed/unshaven layabouts unemployable burdens on society. Why would anyone want to dress like that? Must be some rum characters around where the OP resides.

If its trifle on the hot side then business dress should be relaxed in the heat of the day, so knotted hanky, removal of jacket, roll up of sleeves and trousers permitted but at night top and tails are the order of the day up here old boy, ask anyone in Kampheang Phet!

PS forgot to mention I'm a cross dressergiggle.gif

Edited by exeter