Best Place To Get Steak In Ubon?

Bliib

I have only ever heard bad things about that restaurant in the above link but have heard positive things about the steak at this new steak and wine place.

http://www.baanwine.com/food.html

Tried Sincere several times, and it's usually ok!

Best steak however is to be found a bit south of Ubon city coffee1.gif

• Like 1

When are you coming back, we need a good steak and a cold beer!!!!!

I have only ever heard bad things about that restaurant in the above link but have heard positive things about the steak at this new steak and wine place.

So Where is it, how far south. When i stay in Ubon i find it very difficult to find anything decent. The steak at Sunee Hotel is rubbish.

So Where is it, how far south. When i stay in Ubon i find it very difficult to find anything decent. The steak at Sunee Hotel is rubbish.

OK, I got no reply as to where this south of Ubon steak place is so Last night i was in Ubon and went looking for Baan Wine and actually found the place,which for me in Ubon was some achievement. Although not fully completed in the decorative department the restaurant is very nice indeed with 4 individual Marquis out the front each having a very comfortable table setting for 4 persons and when the inside is completed and furnished i think it will be a very comfortable and relaxing place to dine and cooler as it's only a stones throw from the river. NOW for the Food, or in my case the STEAK. I ordered a 300gr Australian Sirloin which came with Home Cut nice fat Chips and salad with a choice of sauces, which i declined as it's the steaks flavour that i'm interested in and i Wasn't Dissapointed. The steak was cooked perfectly as were the chips and server on a Quality Plate and it was the BEST steak i have ever had in Ubon by far. As the owner of The Waterfront- Song Fung Khong Award winning Restaurant in Mukdahan, and i know my Steaks, i can highly recommend to all you blokes in the Ubon area to give it a go. I'm sure the proprietor will once established expand his Menu somewhat and create a much needed better class of restaurant for you all to enjoy. As this is his first venture into the restaurant business i wish him every success and on my fortnightly buying trips to Ubon this is where i will be dining and it's very reasonably priced in my opinion. Help him out and give it a try.
  • Like 2

OK, I got no reply as to where this south of Ubon steak place is so Last night i was in Ubon and went looking for Baan Wine and actually found the place,which for me in Ubon was some achievement. Although not fully completed in the decorative department the restaurant is very nice indeed with 4 individual Marquis out the front each having a very comfortable table setting for 4 persons and when the inside is completed and furnished i think it will be a very comfortable and relaxing place to dine and cooler as it's only a stones throw from the river. NOW for the Food, or in my case the STEAK. I ordered a 300gr Australian Sirloin which came with Home Cut nice fat Chips and salad with a choice of sauces, which i declined as it's the steaks flavour that i'm interested in and i Wasn't Dissapointed. The steak was cooked perfectly as were the chips and server on a Quality Plate and it was the BEST steak i have ever had in Ubon by far. As the owner of The Waterfront- Song Fung Khong Award winning Restaurant in Mukdahan, and i know my Steaks, i can highly recommend to all you blokes in the Ubon area to give it a go. I'm sure the proprietor will once established expand his Menu somewhat and create a much needed better class of restaurant for you all to enjoy. As this is his first venture into the restaurant business i wish him every success and on my fortnightly buying trips to Ubon this is where i will be dining and it's very reasonably priced in my opinion. Help him out and give it a try.

Thanks for an excellent report on this place; probably answers all the questions potential customers may have. Except!!....did they have live jazz, or even recorded jazz, as mentioned on their website?

Good food, cool wine and a view of the river, plus good music - sounds like a winning formula!

Yes there was background music playing but i was to interested enjoying the Steak and admiring the View of beautiful women walking by and going into the coffee shop opposite to remember what it was. I'm sure when he finishes the decorating the backgroung music will be prominent and with Good Wine on the table maybe some of the "passing view" will dropin and add to the Decor.

Yes there was background music playing but i was to interested enjoying the Steak and admiring the View of beautiful women walking by and going into the coffee shop opposite to remember what it was. I'm sure when he finishes the decorating the backgroung music will be prominent and with Good Wine on the table maybe some of the "passing view" will dropin and add to the Decor.

Thanks again for the follow-up. Having a "passing view" also will add to the attraction of the place!

Just so you don't get a complex about nobody taking any notice of you, I think you got no answer because Bergen, the husband of the proprietor of Suan Lung Daeng Resort down past Det Udon close to the Cambodian border, is currently looking after family affairs back in falangland and I guess will have been too busy to reply. I'm sure he was referring to their place when he said south of Ubon. The rest of us were waiting for him to reply!

I haven't tried the steaks but it is a lovely spot for a visit.

• 2 weeks later...

I checked out Baan Wine this week and was very impressed. The steaks are excellent, just what I was looking for. Friendly owners, and yes, they had Jazz music :)

The owners say they plan to change the menu on a weekly basis and says he will update the site with the new menu.

All in all, a welcome addition to Ubon's dinning scene. Highly reccomend!

• Like 1