Road Directions Linking Highway 2, Nakhon Ratchasima, With Route 304/Ah19 For Chonburi

Jezz

Could anyone who drives south (from direction Khon Kaen) along highway 2 around Nakhon Ratchasima confirm that to reach route 304/AH19 to Chonburi/Pattaya you stay on route 2, bypassing Nakhon Ratchasima city, then turn left onto the 304/AH19, thus no need to drive through city centre? I would assume the road is signposted from route 2 after passing signs to Nakhon Ratchasima city centre? Thanks in advance.

I have made the trip many times.

Upon reaching Ubon Ratchasima (Korat) you will be on Highway 2 from Khon Kaen. Do not exit this road when entering the outer limits of Korat.

You will be on an elevated part of the highway for several kilometers until Highway 2 shows an exit left. Do NOT take this exit.

Follow the highway straight ahead on the elevated roadway for "Pak Chong" which will turn into 304 at the point of Highway 2 exit.

Keep driving straight. Make no turns off the elevated highway and you will be on 304.

Clear as mud???

Upon reaching Ubon Ratchasima (Korat) you will be on Highway 2 from Khon Kaen. Do not exit this road when entering the outer limits of Korat.

You will be on an elevated part of the highway for several kilometers until Highway 2 shows an exit left. Do NOT take this exit.

Follow the highway straight ahead on the elevated roadway for "Pak Chong" which will turn into 304 at the point of Highway 2 exit.

Keep driving straight. Make no turns off the elevated highway and you will be on 304.

Clear as mud???

I believe everything chuckd wrote above is correct except the sign reads "Pak Thong Chai" rather than "Pak Chong". Keep to the right lane. After the elevated road you will find a very pleasant divided road.

Clear as mud???

I believe everything chuckd wrote above is correct except the sign reads "Pak Thong Chai" rather than "Pak Chong". Keep to the right lane. After the elevated road you will find a very pleasant divided road.

Glad you made it safely.

Alzheimer's is rough sometimes. I was working off memory and it failed me in the spelling.

I always enjoy the drive through the mountains on 304, except for that 13 kilometer stretch of two lane.

Clear as mud???

Yes, Pak Thong Chai is correct! Pak Chong will take you to Saraburi/Bangkok

Keep to the right lane. After the elevated road you will find a very pleasant divided road.

Most important. Missed it and was thrown into Korat wink.png

Keep an eye on your speedometer, lots of checks on this part of 304.

128 km/h cost me 400 last time.

Edited by KhunBENQ