Ten severed heads found lined up in southwestern Mexico

News_Editor

Ten severed heads found lined up in southwestern Mexico

2012-03-19 09:44:03 GMT+7 (ICT)

TELELOAPAN, Mexico (BNO NEWS) -- Mexican authorities on early Sunday discovered ten severed heads lined up outside a slaughterhouse in southwestern Mexico, officials said on early Monday. They are believed to be the latest victims of drug-related violence in the region.

Police were sent to the area after a call came in at 6:30 a.m. local time that human heads were lined up on the sidewalk of a street outside a slaughterhouse in the municipality of Teloloapan, which is located in Guerrero state in southwestern Mexico. Responding officers found a total of ten severed heads.

Other body parts were not found at the scene or in the nearby area, but investigators identified the heads as seven males and three females. "The partial identification suggests the victims were between 20 and 35 years of age," a spokesperson for the state's attorney general's office said.

Two cardboards were also found at the scene, and officials said the text on it refers to conflicts between rival gangs although the exact contents were not immediately released. Teloloapan is located in a region where the La Familia cartel and its offshoot Los Caballeros Templarios are fighting for territory.

According to official figures, more than 50,000 people have died in drug-related violence since President Felipe Calderón launched an army-led crackdown on organized crime and drug cartels in late 2006. At least 12,903 people died between January and September 2011, although figures for the entire year are not yet available. This will likely bring the total figure for 2011 to more than 17,000, the highest annual number yet.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-03-19

Do any tourists go to Mexico or is that an absurd question.

Actually a good question. Mexico used to be a prime destination. I could just not contemplate taking my family there. I wonder what the actual tourist figures are now. Time for a bit of googling!

Most tourist areas are not affected by the drug war and the country is still an important holiday destination for N-American and Europeans with increasing numbers the last couple of years.

Unfortunately this is now a failing society, and it will have severe ramifications for the rest of the region, especially the Northern neighbours.

There is a level of psychotic murder now being used that was effectively predicted in 1980's movies such as Predator and Robocop. I know you might think this is stupid but that type of complete societal breakdown is happening in some parts of Mexico right now, and it will spread across the border. It's only a question of time before copycat murders turn up in the US.

There's two potential solutions, pour in US armed forces and make Mexico a martial controlled state, ( unlikely to be agreed ), or legalize the drug supply and take the profit out of the system. Money is at the root of all this, and there are plenty of psychos out there prepared to do anything for their gang.

I don't fear the worst for the US.......it's gone beyond fear now......it's only a question of time before the US catches the consequences of Mexico failing.

• Like 1

"There's two potential solutions, pour in US armed forces and make Mexico a martial controlled state, ( unlikely to be agreed ), or legalize the drug supply and take the profit out of the system. Money is at the root of all this, and there are plenty of psychos out there prepared to do anything for their gang."

Aint' working in Afganistan, didn't work in Iraq, didn't work in Haiti, didn't work in Somalia.

"There's two potential solutions, pour in US armed forces and make Mexico a martial controlled state, ( unlikely to be agreed ), or legalize the drug supply and take the profit out of the system. Money is at the root of all this, and there are plenty of psychos out there prepared to do anything for their gang."

Aint' working in Afganistan, didn't work in Iraq, didn't work in Haiti, didn't work in Somalia.

And of course The American Justice Department allowing The federal Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms Unit,(ATF) to secretly supply thousands of firearms to these cartels, ie "Operation Fast And Furious", firearms that have been traced to many of these slayings, including the murder of at least one American border guard, hasn't exactly helped the situation! Something that the Attorney General, Eric Holder is still desperately trying to cover up.Unbelievable hypocrisy and double standards from the Obama administration.
  • Like 1

Martial intervention didn't work.......how about legalizing the drug supply and taking the profit out of the hands of the cartels? ........did you miss that part of my post?

• Like 1

Unfortunately this is now a failing society, and it will have severe ramifications for the rest of the region, especially the Northern neighbours.

There is a level of psychotic murder now being used that was effectively predicted in 1980's movies such as Predator and Robocop. I know you might think this is stupid but that type of complete societal breakdown is happening in some parts of Mexico right now, and it will spread across the border. It's only a question of time before copycat murders turn up in the US.

There's two potential solutions, pour in US armed forces and make Mexico a martial controlled state, ( unlikely to be agreed ), or legalize the drug supply and take the profit out of the system. Money is at the root of all this, and there are plenty of psychos out there prepared to do anything for their gang.

I don't fear the worst for the US.......it's gone beyond fear now......it's only a question of time before the US catches the consequences of Mexico failing.

Like you say, money is at the root of all this. Remove the incentive to smuggle the drugs from the cartels and the violence will quickly disappear.

Drug legalisation is a complex issue, but overall, one I'm in favour of. The current situation worldwide has not been improved one iota by having prohibition on drug use. It just leads to corruption, violence, and a huge cost in trying to enforce it.

Like you say, money is at the root of all this. Remove the incentive to smuggle the drugs from the cartels and the violence will quickly disappear.

Drug legalisation is a complex issue, but overall, one I'm in favour of. The current situation worldwide has not been improved one iota by having prohibition on drug use. It just leads to corruption, violence, and a huge cost in trying to enforce it.

The Age of Prohibition.........it didn't work with alcohol and it most certainly hasn't worked with drugs.

The Age of Prohibition.........it didn't work with alcohol and it most certainly hasn't worked with drugs.

+1

Martial intervention didn't work.......how about legalizing the drug supply and taking the profit out of the hands of the cartels? ........did you miss that part of my post?

5 of 7 presidential candidates recently indicated that they are inclined to examine the legalization of drugs as a means to break the cartels. Felipe Calderon the current president, has also said the idea needs to be examined.

The drug situation is completely out-of-hand. Recently, 18 prisoners were let out of prison so they could murder members of another cartel in the neighboring state. They did the hit, then came back to the prison. The Mexican war on drugs has not worked, so maybe another option does need to be tried.

it's a narco-state and another fine example of the result of drug prohibition.

Tourist industry has been hit hard but a lot of people still go. Quite a few Americans would consider Thailand a much dodgier place to go

5 of 7 presidential candidates recently indicated that they are inclined to examine the legalization of drugs as a means to break the cartels. Felipe Calderon the current president, has also said the idea needs to be examined.

The drug situation is completely out-of-hand. Recently, 18 prisoners were let out of prison so they could murder members of another cartel in the neighboring state. They did the hit, then came back to the prison. The Mexican war on drugs has not worked, so maybe another option does need to be tried.

It's a joke, there was a report that Pablo Escobar had $23 billion in cash stockpiled. Even if 10% of that figure was true you can buy a lot of psychos.

We have to be adult about it and accept the reality that these vicious scumbags are getting stronger and we are getting weaker, as every day they are buying more and more influence.

It's a joke, there was a report that Pablo Escobar had $23 billion in cash stockpiled. Even if 10% of that figure was true you can buy a lot of psychos.

We have to be adult about it and accept the reality that these vicious scumbags are getting stronger and we are getting weaker, as every day they are buying more and more influence.

I feel the outrage when I read about all that goes on there, at the corruption of the police and politicians.

On the other hand, say I am a policeman with a family, or I am a low-level politician. The narco-scum come up to me and give me two options. The first is they will give me $10,000 per month. The second is that they will torture me for three days before cutting off my head and delivering that to my family. In reality, what am I going to pick?

@bonobo

99% of the Human race would pick protecting their family, 0.9% end up as the bravest corpse in the graveyard, and 0.1% hold the power to do something about it but they are hamstrung by the opinion of the other 99.9%.

I reckon if they had a referendum in the UK in regards to drug legalization it would be approved. It would be the mother of all battles but it would win through in the end as long as it was framed correctly. Please indulge me.......

I speak to addicts every single day in life, I am surrounded by them and all of that comes with them. I pity them, I feel genuine sorrow for them as I believe society has let them down. I'm from Glasgow, in 1980 we had two registered heroin addicts in Glasgow, one being a returnee from the South East Asia Hippie Trail. This is only 32 years ago, and in that year a dealer arrived in the city and started supplying. By the end of 1980 we had less than 100 users, now we have 20,000 addicts. It would be higher but they have a very high attrition rate in this city. I believe 1200 died in 2010.

Here is what I suggest......

1. Legalization of all drugs, to be supplied through chemists......guaranteeing the removal of profit from criminal syndicates, and consistency of quality and taxation raised to pay for rehabilitation schemes, while funding legitimate trade with foreign governments.

2. Drug addiction to be regarded as a mental health issue.

3. Free Class A drugs given to registered addicts, dose to be taken under supervision in local clinics.

4. A lifetime Restriction Order sentence to be applied to any drug dealers. This means that the dealer will spend a certain length of time in Jail then be on probation for the rest of his life. I know serious criminals, they would rather do time than be on probation, they hate probation with a passion as it has them on edge every single day. When they are inside they know all they have to do is keep their nose clean.

Overnight the war would transfer from being one of useless enforcement, drug gangs are like Medusa, you can't chop off one head and kill them, another one grows and the growing pain results in vicious and unbelievable violence.

There will always be some degree of enforcement required, but many of the law enforcement officers could be re-assigned to other areas. Low level criminality would drop dramatically as the need to steal and mug would disappear as the drugs would be supplied free to Class A addicts. The saving from the law enforcement battles, reduction in court times, reduction in incarcerating addicts could be transferred to treating and rehabilitating.

I pity the addicts, as I have seen how easily they can be drawn in to this swamp. It's always the guy at the party when you are drunk that gets you on it, and from there it's just your luck where it ends.

We decent people need to put our hands up and say enough, start again.