Baked Beans

Kananga

Heinz BB are now down to 83 baht since they are canned in NZ..Have seen them in Makro, Villa and Foodland Pattaya, would think BKK must be the same

With Brook at 35 Baht and Heinz at (even) 83 Baht, I have learned to live without Heinz.

Whoops Gareth, looks like I caught your original comment before you edited it.

So the Branston beans... The beans are the same size and texture as Heinz, but the sauce is quite different. For a start it is a much darker red in colour, which would lead one to conclude the sauce is a richer taste. This is indeed the case and while not unpleasant, or sweet like so many of the baked beans you get served at breakfast it is quite a different taste to Heinz.

So while not entirely unpleasant and a credible occasional alternative, it has not made its way on to my shelf as a permanent alternative.

Guess I'll be paying the higher price for now, although will give Brooks a try.

Heinz BB are now down to 83 baht since they are canned in NZ..Have seen them in Makro, Villa and Foodland Pattaya, would think BKK must be the same

With Brook at 35 Baht and Heinz at (even) 83 Baht, I have learned to live without Heinz.

It's a pity life has become that bad for you.

You sound like a Troll Pat

You sound like a Troll Pat

:) That was funny

I had some beans on toast for breakfast this afternoon and the truth of the matter is I have tins of both Brooks and Heinz beans in the cupboard.

The Heinz tin required the use of a can opener but the cheaper brooks version has the fancy 'ring pull' easy opening top so feeling kind of lazy I went with the Brooks. There's not much difference in taste between the two brands.

Thanks but they have to be Heinz. The Ayam ones are the wrong size and the sauce tastes too sweet.

Thanks though.

LOL. Fussy eater?

I'm also very fussy on beans and yes they are too sweet. Has anyone ever checked how much sugar is in 1 tin of beans? I've bought beans in Tesco and Macro but they were too sweet. I'm trying to get another brand which I had before which were made in Australia which had less sugar and I believe I had bought them in Tops(unsure of the name) next to Robinsons in Udon Thani, Charonsi Complex. They also have great Paul Newman BB'Q sauces.

(pack of 3 for 105 Baht)

Thought we were talking about beans

Looks like that one went straight over the top of their heads, Slaps.

Happens a lot

Might have to look for a higher balcony

• 1 month later...