Landlord Withholding Deposit

eek

get a lawyer to write a letter and send it to the owner by a proper dressed dispatcher. Usually it works and scare the crap out of them, and lawyer letter are pretty dam_n cheap

get a lawyer to write a letter and send it to the owner by a proper dressed dispatcher. Usually it works and scare the crap out of them, and lawyer letter are pretty dam_n cheap

wont work with educated or Thais we know they would just laugh. Another silly forang who thinks he can win here. Best of luck wai.gif

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you own the whole building I dont know how you shut off the electric especially if they are paying their monthly bill?

its easy electricity is always in my wifes name and anyway as owner of condo she has every right to get electric metor cut off and water and condo management would never refuse but threat has always been enough although she would do it and also within 24-48 hours have tenants goods removed and locks changed if tenant ever tried to use deposit for last months rent. she also always returns deposit in full if no damage and place left clean but will not put up with any nonsense especially from stupid forangs. It has never come to it but a visit from her brothers staff at police station can easily be arranged for any forang silly enough to try and cheat

Whether you guys are honest or not, letitbe, you sound like the biggest jerk on the planet. Like a little kid on the playground; I'll get my big brother after you!!"

Except in your case, its your wifelaugh.png

Unless you own the whole building I dont know how you shut off the electric especially if they are paying their monthly bill?

its easy electricity is always in my wifes name and anyway as owner of condo she has every right to get electric metor cut off and water and condo management would never refuse but threat has always been enough although she would do it and also within 24-48 hours have tenants goods removed and locks changed if tenant ever tried to use deposit for last months rent. she also always returns deposit in full if no damage and place left clean but will not put up with any nonsense especially from stupid forangs. It has never come to it but a visit from her brothers staff at police station can easily be arranged for any forang silly enough to try and cheat

Whether you guys are honest or not, letitbe, you sound like the biggest jerk on the planet. Like a little kid on the playground; I'll get my big brother after you!!"

well lets hope your not one of those no hoper forang here trying to live some sort of life on a measly few thousand $ a month while I and my wife live in our very nice 25 million baht home and try hard to survive on 200k us$ a year. And in case you wonder our Thai relatives all seem to live like kings . But I will admit it disturbs me a bit that most of forang here are so stupid as to let the clever Thais bleed them like cows. Enjoy your delusions.

[quote

well lets hope your not one of those no hoper forang here trying to live some sort of life on a measly few thousand $ a month while I and my wife live in our very nice 25 million baht home and try hard to survive on 200k us$ a year. And in case you wonder our Thai relatives all seem to live like kings . But I will admit it disturbs me a bit that most of forang here are so stupid as to let the clever Thais bleed them like cows. Enjoy your delusions.]

Once again, you have made yourself look like a complete asslaugh.png

Thanks for the comic reliefcowboy.gif

well lets hope your not one of those no hoper forang here trying to live some sort of life on a measly few thousand $ a month while I and my wife live in our very nice 25 million baht home and try hard to survive on 200k us$ a year. And in case you wonder our Thai relatives all seem to live like kings . But I will admit it disturbs me a bit that most of forang here are so stupid as to let the clever Thais bleed them like cows. Enjoy your delusions.

It would have been quicker to say "you're right, Kilgore !"...

Oh.. please don't set your brother in law on any of us stupid 'forangs'... Really, you do sound like a kid in a playground... Your average income is really of no concern to anyone on this forum. Your tactic is fundamentally flawed if you are choosing this approach simply to win a verbal duel.

On Topic: I don't think any of us like to be taken advantage of, landlord or tenant. Decency is often rewarded by pleasurable dealings on both sides. But, it only takes one to ruin the relationship. While I've never had any issues and I've always had my deposits returned, it does appear to be the unwritten rule that the deposit is viewed upon by many landlords as another payment. Perhaps in some areas we need to simply factor this in as the cost of renting.

Unfortunately - some people, tenants and landlords force each other to become the people they don't like to be. I don't know how could you deal with this Eek - perhaps making a police complaint is a start.

Name and shame the apartment owner. That is the only way he will care, if you hurt his pocket by warning others not to rent from him.

its ilegal to name and shame people in thailand ,you cant slander someone and destroy his business just because he kept your deposit :)

Name and shame the apartment owner. That is the only way he will care, if you hurt his pocket by warning others not to rent from him.

its ilegal to name and shame people in thailand ,you cant slander someone and destroy his business just because he kept your deposit smile.png

Probably dangerous also.

As a landlord I have never had a tenant say " im a bad tenant" now Im not saying you are but believe me in 6 years of renting out rooms I would say 1in 20 actually leave a room in a clean good condition when they go. Most are very dirty in fact it is usual they move in and out never having cleaned at all.

This is renting out over 60 + rooms as an owner.

Well its a good thing that the cost of having an empty room cleaned (save for whatever sparse furniture the landlord provides) costs as much or less than a few hundred baht.

Oh yeah have you ever seen a Thai maid clean? Ill tell you my rooms get cleaned with a toothbrush it takes about 2 full days to do a studio, that means all furniture covers removed washed and replaced, aircon cleaned all grouting scrubbed all soap scum removed from bathroom etc etc yeah sure 300 baht hahahahahahahaahah.

My rooms are FULLY furnished the cost for furniture and aircon+ hot water was on average 200k for each room ( studio)

The ridiculous thing about renting properties in Thailand is that Thai landlords (and from reading this thread, some Westerners too) seem to think that ordinary wear and tear should be paid for out of the tenant's deposit. This is a cost of doing business for anybody renting out property and should be paid by the landlord. Anybody who expects the tenant to pay to have a property repainted when they haven't damaged it is a tosser in my opinion.

This is why I would not rent in Thailand again.

Edited by inthepink

Jesus, how old are you, 8? It's pitiful that a grown man (if that is indeed what you are) feels the need to brag about his income and the value of his property on an Internet forum, especially when neither of them are particularly impressive. Very, very sad.

Jesus, how old are you, 8? It's pitiful that a grown man (if that is indeed what you are) feels the need to brag about his income and the value of his property on an Internet forum, especially when neither of them are particularly impressive. Very, very sad.

85 if you want to know and thanks for compliment its not bragging its just facts I dont really care if someone has nothing but most of forang ive come across here in last 30+ years just do not have a clue and think they have some right here. Most should grow up and understand they have none. Its also a sad fact that most of forang here after a while do not have a pot to piss in and have no respect or understanding of Thailand or Thais. I will admit it amuses me greatly to see so many fall flat on their face. But I should of course be sad for all of them. ITs also a fact not a brag that here more than anywhere else I know money talks and trying to moan about lost deposits and rest is like pissing in the wind. Now ill get back to my proper life instead of amusing myself with some of dregs here.